My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #1,501

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@CRACING

Thanks for the beautiful pictures, yes long waited. Tempts me to go for those tires.

*Photos are taken from my Nikon D3200 with AF-S DX 18-55mm VR II lens. Even at F5.6 aperture background is so much visible.
Yes I too love portrait photography, waiting for a day to give the best shots of ALBUS made somewhere else. LIKE THIS [:D]

IMG_7715.jpg

Tire pressure 32/32 is it OK? Have you tried some other combination like More- front and Less- rear?
Of course for a normal load of 1 or 2 persons/ self-driving? Please share your analysis/experience.

@SUNREX

Great-ultimately you have achieved what you visualized. This would be a first of its kind for a 4th Gen ANHC. Those chrome strips stay well as I had with ALBUS.

It seems you have sun control film, Hope no issues with local cops.

@ HaruH

Thanks, you are with us nowadays. Go for it , don’t bother about car name “JAZZ” . That’s the suitable size (24 x 14 Inches) for our model Honda city and 4th gen may have as 22 x 14 Inches (Hella Curvo Car Wiper Blades Set of 2-Honda City New 2014 22 x 14 Inches: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike. )

Last edited:
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, yes long waited. Tempts me to go for those tires.
Sir, I'm glad you liked it.

Yes, these tyres definitely do wonders in the vehicle’s performance and aesthetics.

Yes I too love portrait photography, waiting for a day to give the best shots of ALBUS made somewhere else. LIKE THIS [:D]
I'm sure that shot was taking with F2.8 setting, so the car comes in focus/sharp and everything else gets blurred. My entry-level lenses cannot go so high on aperture so background is much visible.

Anyway, you should really plan a trip and capture some best shots of your car. We have only seen your car in the shed. Please let it have some fresh air and also wear the tyres soon so you can buy new ones. [drive]

Tire pressure 32/32 is it OK? Have you tried some other combination like More- front and Less- rear?
Of course for a normal load of 1 or 2 persons/ self-driving? Please share your analysis/experience.
Not so sure about tire pressure yet. Members in Teambhp said company recommended tire pressure should be fine for 195 so I set to that.

Didn't tried different combinations of tire pressure but will do soon and let you know.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,503

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: XCIV

MY ALBUS: HONDA JDM RED EMBLEM​

honda red jdm logo.jpg

We are always proud of certain things in life; the things may be a living or nonliving.
For a car enthusiastic whatever make/model he owns, it is a matter of pride. The very thought of that ownership makes him happy.... After all what more we require except happiness ! [:D]
Some of us want to be so unique from others though the others also possess the same car.
Here comes some add ons.

I was exploring why Honda lovers are so fond of a Red JDM logo… in the process I gathered some interesting information which I would like to share.

Honda has various logos for different departments. But all badges have one single basic which is confined in letter “H”; traditional badge is broader on top and thinner at the bottom.

The Honda symbol features a metallic tone that adds inspiring and radiant look for the logo. It looks simple, elegant and stylish, represents the philosophy of the brand which is based on magnificence, durability and confidence.

Honda makes cars worldwide. The term JDM "Japanese domestic market" OR “Japanese domestic model" refers to Japan's home market for Japanese-brand automobiles and parts designed to conform to Japanese regulations and to suit Japanese buyers. The same is meant for Japan and not for other market.

The Red Badge is from the JDM CIVIC -Type R. The red box or border around the silver "H" referred to Honda racing cars. Honda Type R models are special performance editions, have special matching red seats & interiors.

honda-civic-type-r-interior-wallpaper-4.jpg

Actually any Honda model that is a Type R (eg. Integra Type R, Nsx Type R, Civic Type R) sports the red Honda badge. This is in / for Japan only, of course!

The Red "H" emblems is what came on the Civic Type R (JAPAN), But if it’s for/on a ‘ Si ’ version in the US, they have the regular OEM chrome H only.

Honda customers in other countries wanted to put the Red H to make it look cool, one can buy these at Japanese part wholesalers. As usual Honda parts are premium and expensive. Chinese market started exploiting with cheap counterfeit; soon people realized the finish, the quality and durability.

HONDA RED JDM3.jpg

If we love it, we have to be careful about three things while buying:

1. Avoid cheap Chinese make
2. Buy original Japanese one (expensive) or the best quality Chinese make (VFM)
3. Buy the correct size as there are so many sizes are available today in the market
They are available as single unit or a set like –Front, Rear, and Steering & for the Car Key.

The sizes suitable for Honda City /Jazz in India:

FRONT: 123 x 99mm (OR) 113x92mm
REAR: 95 x 77mm (OR) 92x75mm
STEERING: 50 x 40mm
(CAUTION: Please measure the size you require and order, sizes are different in different years of manufacturing, especially in JAZZ)

Presently the only ebay.in Indian seller sells @ Rs.2999/- (front & rear) and Rs. 1200/- (steering). But we have to note that he is not selling his stock, instead he replaces the order & arranges from a China seller directly. The China seller sends to us through super-fast shipping, probably within 20 days. But if there is any delay or Custom duty, it is at our cost. The ebay.in seller claims that they are of aluminum alloy material but, they are ALL actually of very good quality plastics.
Black Honda Front Rear JDM Type R Emblem Fits Honda CIVIC Accord City | eBay

We can also place order directly with Chinese sellers, but to be selected carefully. I have ordered from this seller the same logos, three as a unit @ 36 dollars, almost 60% of the Indian price, reached me within 18 days.
3pcs per kit of Car Rear+Front+steering wheel Emblems sizes 113*92 92*75 123x99 74x61 54x43 50x40 for Japanese car H***-in Emblems from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You can buy the original JDM Japanese quality (they claim) from India here but very expensive.
JDM Red Front & Rear Emblem-HONDA CITY IVTEC

ABOUT MY PURCHASE:

The Chinese seller is very responsive and courteous. But the size I received was 113x92mm (FRONT), ) 92x75mm (REAR) & 50 x 40mm (STEERING).
The quality and packing were VERY GOOD. But I sold it through OLX.in for two reasons. The sizes for 3rd gen facelift ANHC front grill is 10mm larger and I wanted to cover fully without border. So the suitable size I felt is 123 x 99mm. But suits well with regular 3rd gen ANHC.
The second reason, my wife liked Black color when we came to know that the other available colors.
I also wanted little bigger size at the rear that is 95 x 77mm instead of 92x75mm.
Though there are other colors like Black, Blue, Orange etc., they will never reflect the original Honda JDM as the original is only RED.
So I have reordered, please wait for ALBUS picture.
One thing which I feel you will agree that this RED JDM Emblems look stunning only on a black or white background. So I have to wrap the grill to black.

HONDA RED JDM.jpg
HONDA RED JDM6.jpg
HONDA RED JDM1.jpg
HONDA RED JDM4.jpg

WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW:

There are certain things we must know before ordering this Chinese stuff. Though they look like real ones, they are counterfeits. The quality and finish is on par with Japanese but still the exterior silver line borders are little rough here and there for a macro eye which will be unnoticed by many. The rear one need to be curved to sit exactly but these are flat, requires extra efforts. This has to go up or come down from the original position and we may have to replace a good original 3M double sided tape to place firmly.
The pegs come with the logo to be removed before pasting as they are meant for CIVIC body holes.
If you have a habit of parking the car on road, please avoid this. Some people will always steal this stuff.

Germans are known for Precision, Japanese are for Perfection and the Chinese are for (Re) Production.

The choice is yours! [lol]

NOTE:

Some references / Snapshots in our thread:

@ Jijomthw:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-90.html#post488384
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-91.html#post491357
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-91.html#post491650

@ vaibhavdb
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-93.html#post494195

@ Jijomthw: Here is the step of removing the H emblem.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-93.html#post494205

Last edited:
@ Sudeep Roy:
Thanks for the compliments. Basically it was a black sticker [matt finish] costing Rs.400/- including labour to cover the chrome sabre tooth purchased at GP road, Chennai. It was fixed by my auto electrician Palani [9841136427]. Then purchased 12 mm chrome strips, costing Rs.10/- [or Rs.20/-, depending on the shop] per foot and applied over this black matt sticker. chrome strips were purchased at GP road and applied at Super Stickers-Car Jewels, [P.Munuswamy-9710523405 or P.Ramu-9884027988] at 100ft road, near Laxman Sruti Jn. just a simple fixing with the model picture of a CRV grill fixed to City done in my earlier post shown to the owner. He charged me just Rs.100/- for fixing it as i also fixed Bosch horns [Rs.450/-] for a labour of Rs.150/- and i had earlier affixed waist line stickers for Rs.1000/-.

@ Dr.Mudhan:
Thanks for your compliments.
1. i hope my modified Accord style grill looks unique and smart. Yes, the sun-film is risky but in reality it is not as dark in the picture. The snap was taken with HDR feature turned on in the camera and the time was midday. so it appears darker whereas it has 70% visibility. it is a necessity for the climate as i travel 120 kms in broad sunlight everyday. if the cops remove it i may not flash my id but simply let it go as i've actually erred knowingly. as long as it gets going. :)
2. i think for the 3G ANHC any good quality stickering may not get the desired look like a good black colour except through spray painting / [powder coating - is it possible on abs material ? ] job. pl let us know how you achieve it.
3. this week i did the PU leather seat covering through jeewajee, anna nagar. the brand used was 'jackspeed' costing Rs.18K. it was the costliest in that category and the next best was leather costing around Rs.40K. if i could stretch it a further bit i could have tried some really cool finish through Karlsons, Bengaluru. due to my personal reasons i did not prefer leather. i also covered the door panels and hand rest with some rexin as the oem fabric appeared cheap [for a Rs.11.50 lakh car ! ] hope you like it. next job is replacing panel and HU with my own AVH 8690BT and a suitable amp and a SW. The stock speakers and tweeters sound good but not better or best. i would let it play for some time and change in a phased manner. research is on. :)

and Thanks for the compliments of other friends.

will upload snaps after HU job also. i want your suggestions on attending/rejecting calls in the steering wheel assembly. whether it is useful ?

Dr. Mudhan, did you see these ?
http://www.wish.com/c/5728bedeb2113a5d41b2bbc9
http://www.wish.com/c/5716448da5bf42606a5e31ff

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
@ HaruH

Thanks, you are with us nowadays. Go for it , don’t bother about car name “JAZZ” . That’s the suitable size (24 x 14 Inches) for our model Honda city and 4th gen may have as 22 x 14 Inches (Hella Curvo Car Wiper Blades Set of 2-Honda City New 2014 22 x 14 Inches: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike. )

Hello,
As doctor suggested I have bought wipers from Ebay and parcel received today.

Hella Dynaedge Curvo CAR Wiper Blades SET OF 2 Honda Jazz 24 X 14 Inches | eBay

Got it for Rs.: 1005 with coupon discount.

Its well packed and received very quickly within 3 days. Sharing images & my observations..

IMG_5493.JPG

The new design is not exactly a flat blade wiper, a flat housing hold the normal wiper with some modification in conventional design. [confused]
IMG_5496.JPG
Sorry for the Image quality

Size is perfect only passenger side wipers small by around 1 centimetre but works well, you will not notice its bit smaller unless compare with original.
IMG_5497.JPG

Cleans the glass perfectly and evenly, No vibrations or noise noticed. Very IMP for me. [clap]

Small edges are watching out from the housing of wiper. I have tried to adjust it but no use although it doesn't affect on performance or aesthetics.
IMG_5498.JPG IMG_5499.JPG

Received small clip also as an attachment to go with different wiper arms.
IMG_5501.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG IMG_5500.JPG
Overall very good product feels solid and durable. Lets see how many years it will last. [clap]

Thats a nice fit Harshad. Long ago I ordered from ebay too but they kept sending me wrong size or whatever. It would fit only upside down. The longer one. I kept sending it back to seller. They would still send me a wrong size. One day i got full refund and the smaller one for free [lol]
I ordered Bosch ones they have been working fine for 2-3 years now. If it ever rains in Chennai I'll move to hella vipers.

Thread Starter #1,508

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: XCV

MY ALBUS: HOME MADE ARMREST

CAR ARMREST1.jpg

CAR ARMREST2.1.jpg

CAR ARMREST2.2.jpg

My ALBUS did not have an ARMREST as it is an EMT version.

It happened to us to see an ANHC 4th Gen bought by my neighbor and my wife expressed that she liked the arm rest in the car.

Honestly I am not so happy about the OE Armrest design even in the 3rd Gen ANHC and I think it is designed for more cosmetic purpose than to our comfort. The OE ARMREST looks very small and too far back. Height also falls short of real use.

To make my better half happy, I started exploring online armrest for my car and disappointed by the universal design and look. Moreover, I never want to drill any OE structure just for aftermarket fitting.

Something flashed in my mind that why should not to use the cup holder space and create a homemade ARMREST to snap in.

My drawing started and wanted something good and useful. My carpenter friend did the balance of job, the best with plywood. Matching the cover material & color was little challenging, finally we got the matching color PU leather almost compatible with the seats, which was wrapped by car upholstery people. The material inside is rubber foam, not a cheap sponge.

First we designed a different design but I did not like it, the base should not be flat as it was not fitting / sitting over the little elevated console and we changed the bottom design.

The new design, I approved: The design of the hand cushion is made ergonomic to support wrist.

The leg / foot for into cup holder made out of PVC pipe. We managed to fix with 3M Double sided tape between the top of console and base of armrest.

It is nice and not crude but definitely comfortable to both passenger and driver.

Hope, you will appreciate. [glasses]

MY DESIGN
CAR ARMREST 3.1.jpg
CAR ARMREST 3.2.JPG
CAR ARMREST 8.jpg

OTHER DESIGNS
CAR ARMREST 5.jpg
CAR ARMREST 4.jpg
CAR ARMREST 6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello doctor,
Really great job you did,seem like professional work, congrats doctor for your great work,please try to post more detailed pictures to see your new home made arm rest,hope this will help to lot people who would like to fix arm rest for car.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

After the discussion with Jijomthw & Doctor sir, finally ordered Android DVD from aliexpress. Bought from same seller of Jijomthw.
I am really thankful to Jijomthw for his patient answers of my all questions. [:D]

The package received yesterday via FedEx within 5 days after shipment. Seller took almost 1 week for processing of order. Meanwhile I was constantly ping the seller for different doubts, he is also answering all queries.
Seller is good and communicative, reviews are also appreciable. Only issue is that they are not aware of updating android and software things.

Regarding the product I have also ordered Dash Cam & OBD device from same seller as clubbed order. Total cost I paid for the Set is $343 + Rs. 3890 custom duty. Seller put $165 as invoice value which is around Rs.13000/-. On Custom invoice its stated around 27%.

For FedEx service it is very good hassle free. Received call from them after 2 days of shipment date to confirm whether its for personal use or for commercial. For personal use they wanted authorisation form to be filled up with address proof where. On receipt of documents they further process the shipment.

Packaging....
IMG_5529.JPG

Unit...
IMG_5527.JPG

Other attachments and accessories...
IMG_5524.JPG

IMG_5526.JPG

IMG_5528.JPG

Currently I am out of town so yet to install the set in Car. Probably will do the installation on this weekend. [:)]
After installation & use will put review for same...

Hello,
As doctor suggested I have bought wipers from Ebay and parcel received today.

View attachment 202713 View attachment 202717
Overall very good product feels solid and durable. Lets see how many years it will last. [clap]

Hello,

After the use of 4-5 days driver side wiper started chattering while going down. Noise is so much irritating & also leaving water marks on glass where it chattered.

I have reinstalled it again but its of no use. Tried conventional things like potato rubbing of windscreen, after that wiper working silently for around 5 min and again starts to chatter. [frustration]. Tried to clean the wipers, glass but no use.
I feel that my old OEM wipers was working well.

Required your advice to resolve this issue as driving with the irritating noise is not at all peaceful. [confused]

Thread Starter #1,514

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@HaruH
Still you have time for dispute with ebay seller. Please contact the seller by sending the photo and ask for replacement, otherwise lodge a complaint with ebay.in.
I was worried about this remarks by you:
Small edges are watching out from the housing of wiper.
It appears there is something wrong with this wiper blade and not a real design. Please act fast.
Regards
Dr MUDHAN

@j4jigar

Can you post detailed picture of hand rest cover ?

Specifically I want to see Hand Rest open and how cover is applied to it.

Thanks
Ji, sorry for the late response.
The leatherette cover is applied over the hand rest cover just by applying simple adhesive and leaving it to dry. unfortunately, immediately after coming home, i noticed that the small clip which locks the hand rest cover with the box had been nipped in a corner and the hand rest is not able to lock and is remaining open. The guys at jeewaji replied that they are not responsible as they are doing hundreds of vehicles and such damage is not acceptable to them. they also suggested to get it replaced at the dealership while doing service. the dealer is saying that this clip is not available [surprise] and that if i order they may arrange for the whole hand rest assembly at the cost of Rs.5,500/- [frustration]. meanwhile my friends suggest to try for a replacement at Pudupet or try a jugaad. once i set it right i will post pictures. so till then kindly excuse me for the delay.

Btw, i have a double din dashboard panel [for the 3G City] used very sparingly [just for a few months and a cute Ganesha attached to it] before being removed from my old vehicle. as it is not useful to me anymore i wish to give it anyone who may need it. please arrange to collect it by contacting me.

Last edited:

Top Bottom