My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello doctor and friends,
I think our accessory hunting never going to stop,oh my god its endless if you go to china online shop,
Doctor i need a advice and explanation from you about automatic dim rear view mirror,i found a good mirror on aliexpress for 3250k, but they showing some bracket for diiferent car models, iam confuced which bracket is suitable for my honda city,i dont wanna get wrong bracket so i need to make sure before placing order which bracket is suitable for my car.
Doctor if you have an idea which bracket is suitable for our honda city please post a details here,that would helpfull for me and others who plan to get one in future.
Our normal rear view mirror realy making flash while driving at nights when you get high beam from other cars.
Iam posting here a bracket list which i saw in aliexpress.

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4939.JPG

Last edited:
Hello, After really long time back on TAI. Very nice to see your growing thread on City. I am very sure many of us get very useful information from this thread. [clap][clap]

@Jijomthw
Aliexpress.com : Buy Auto Dimming HD 800*480 Special Bracket 4.3 TFT LCD Car Parking Rear View Rearview Mirror Monitor Video Player 2 Video Input from Reliable player monitor suppliers on C-Link Technology Co.,Ltd | Alibaba Group

See this link in which you can find the rear camera display also same as Hyundai Verna and also the seller is very good & responsive.
Regarding the bracket you can send the bracket images to seller and he can tell you exact on same. For your help i have some images of the bracket. Please go through it. [:)]

Attachments

The

Hello raj,
Yes i got some discount from him and got a store coupon 10$ discount too, sometimes they have store discount coupon, you can ask him some discounts.

Hello Jijomthw we are eagerly waiting for your first impression on the Music system. The price you paid for the setup is very good. I have search here in Mumbai for Casaka system which costed around 40k to 45k.

I request you after installation please bare some time to post its review & hands on experience. [:)][glasses]

Hello Jijomthw we are eagerly waiting for your first impression on the Music system. The price you paid for the setup is very good. I have search here in Mumbai for Casaka system which costed around 40k to 45k.

I request you after installation please bare some time to post its review & hands on experience. [:)][glasses]
Thanks HaruH ,
Yes i will post pictures and my experience once i fixed my music system,iam in out of station now,be right back to kerala april first week.i think you dont go for Caska cause they are expensive and not android ,better go to ebay or aliexpress you can find good system in affordable price.
Yes i seen the auto dim mirror in aliexpress which you adviced me to check, seem like seller is good and good comunication, he sent me a picture to make conform the bracket,unfortunatly iam away from my home so i cant check my car mirror bracket,here iam posting which he sent for make conform.friends do you think this is right bracket for our honda city?

Attachments

Last edited:
Dr MUDHAN sir, your thread is one of best threads in theautomotiveindia. Recently I brought Dzire ZXI, paint quality is very poor, at the time of delivery I have not opted for any paint sealant. Even finger nail can scratch hairline scratches on the paint, very bad quality from MSIL. So this is the time for good quality paint sealant. I had gone thorough your thread but confused which sealant should I use, please advice me best paint sealant based on your experience. Thanks.

Thread Starter #1,311

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Suryaputhra

Thanks.

It is always better to protect the original paint as early as possible, immediately after delivery. A new car, though new would have been exposed to all difficult weather, pollution and contaminations while kept at stock yard and requires complete preparation including mild claying and glazing before applying a Paint sealant.

BEST PAINT SEALANT - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, Klasse sealant glaze, Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer, Poorboys EX-P Sealant

Please go through my thread exclusively over this topic.

Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Last edited:
@Dr MUDHAN sir,

I had gone through your thread in detail so

1. Wash car with good shampoo
2. Claying
3. Apply the glaze
4. Paint sealant
5. Liquid wax
6. Quick detail

Is the order is proper?, if so How often I need to do above processes, if not all the process which one should I do often. Thanks & regards

suryaputhra

Thread Starter #1,313

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Suryaputhra

You have a very special color - Sangria Red

The steps are nice for the new car. Only think I would prefer a good wax like Collinite 845 in step 5. More important is timing between applications.

I feel that this itself will give you a depth and glossy coat and Quick detailing may not require now.

Depends upon your usage, once you do the process, if you live in less polluted area and park your car under proper shed, once in a year will be ok. Otherwise every six months, may be necessary.

Avoid doing the process often to preserve the coat by periodical waxing and also regular maintenance by PROKLEAR™ RAW (Xtreme) Rinseless / Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate.

Periodical Patch cleaning if necessary can be done by AIO like Auto Finesse Tripple All in One Wax.

Please read: HOW DO I MAKE MY WHITE CAR SHINE?

Please post your queries related to this topic there in the other thread for every body’s benefit.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN.

Hello Friends,

Sorry to interrupt but I have got a new shark fin antenna and this time a very suitable one for my car so just wanted to give details here.

Previously I had got shark find antenna which had flat base but due to curved roof surface of my car, it would sit like boated. Applied multiple layers of 3M tape and managed for several months but it looked ugly and also water used to clog in edges after washing or rain.

I know most of you have got shark fin antenna suitable for Honda City or a some small size antenna as suggest and used by Dr. MUDHAN.

Well, I could have followed either but my nature is to go off-road :stupid: so not all destinations would be as expected. However, I gain experience which is never forgotten. I share it here so one can reach correct destinations.

Anyway, I dig'ed more about shark fin antennas and understood that there are two types of bases. One is flat which is suitable for hatchback's and SUV's, i.e polo. The other is curved base which is suitable for sedans. Under these types, you may find different dimensions. FYI, The flat base antenna is 0.5cm taller and 0.5cm longer then curved base.

One seller in aliexpress had both types of bases. He confirmed it would fit to my car and I thought to try it. Received the item with little as 25 days of wait and checked it rightaway. Fortunately, it sat evenly with only a mm of gap here or there. FYI, previous one had atleast 4mm gap in front or back.

Overall quality is good as well as paint finish. Colour matches very well to my car (Polished Metallic). The antenna pcb has plastic supports (You can see in pics) but in previous one, it was hot glued. Wire is good as advertised and I have noticed better radio reception. Finally I'm satisfied and would recommend it. [:)]

Curved Base Link: Click here (For Sedans)
Flat Base Link: Click here (For Hatchback and SUVs)

Pics:
View attachment 190656
View attachment 190657

Tip: To check the surface of roof, hold a scale (edge touching to the surface) parallel to the original antenna and you'll know whether the roof is curve or flat. i.e as shown below:

View attachment 190658

Thanks...
Best Regards
Hi Cracing,

How is the reception of Shark finn antenna? If its good I will also go ahead and order it.

Hi Cracing,

How is the reception of Shark finn antenna? If its good I will also go ahead and order it.
Hello Vaibhav,

Reception is good or better then previous shark fin antenna I had (Flat base). This shark fin antenna plastic is not thick as the previous one. When I asked this to seller, he said its to provide better reception otherwise a thick plastic would block or reduce reception.

You can go ahead and buy it. Also leave a note to the seller that you need curve base/bottom antenna and your car is Honda City Sedan.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hi Cracing,

Hi, You may order the antenna in the below given link. I received it 3 days back. Both the material quality and the reception is very good. I bought at USD $ 20 about a month back for my Honda city car and as I see today the price is quoted US $ 26. [:)]
For Honda CITY shark fin antenna ramble modified car radio antenna car antenna-in Aerials from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Ramble is the same antenna I have been using since about a year (The same that Cracing and Raj M have ordered)
It does have difficulty catching chanel where signal quality is week.
Otherwise in the city there is not much noticable difference.

Ramble is the same antenna I have been using since about a year (The same that Cracing and Raj M have ordered)
It does have difficulty catching chanel where signal quality is week.
Otherwise in the city there is not much noticable difference.
Nope, actually mine is different. The size, shape as well as antenna type.

Ramble antenna has sticker type antenna affixed inside and a wire is soldered to it. External size is 16x8.5x6.5 CM (LxWxH) and flat base.

Mine (The present one) has PCB type antenna and a wire soldered to it. External size is 17x7.5x6 CM (LxWxH) and curved base. My previous antenna also had PCB inside but hot glued to affix. Due its flat base, it sat bloated so I bought another one with curved base.

Dr. MUDHAN has similar type antenna as mine but size is little small and base is flat so it sits perfectly

I believe, type of antenna (i.e sticker or pcb) and plastic thickness should make some difference in signal quality.

Sticker_Antenna.JPG PCB_Antenna.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,320

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

Top Bottom