My New Honda City in White - The Albus

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@cracing - i already placed the order. Amount deducted. Now i'm hoping someday the order will arrive [:D] if this is successful won't mind ordering more from the same site. If something bad happened won't order anything.

Attachments

Last edited:
@cracing - i already placed the order. Amount deducted. Now i'm hoping someday the order will arrive [:D] if this is successful won't mind ordering more from the same site. If something bad happened won't order anything.
lol so fast [lol]

Did you even checked whether its same as your Verna's?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #393

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

@Dr MUDHAN. Thank you for taking your time to guide us on how to clean cabin air filter ourselves. It will be very helpful. I didn't even know there is a filter inside dashboard. : p
… can we wash the filter with water as well and then dry it? or it damages the filter?
Since it is made of pleated paper, it is better to avoid water cleaning and only soft / slow vacuum cleaning is best. Careless vacuum cleaning – unregulated, powerful vacuum blowing or sucking might damage the filter paper. If contamination is minor, brushing out carefully as you did is enough.

MY ALBUS - HOW I RESOLVED THE MUSTY AC / BLOWER ODOUR!

So, prevention is better than cure.

Fantastic and very simple explanation for such a common problem. I am also facing the same musty smell problem and for that today morning itself search whole car from engine bay to boot for any kind of unusual signs but didn't found anything so just about to ask you for the same and as usual you did it. [clap]

Thank you so much will surely try out your suggestions on the same. [:)]

I love all the DIYs on this thread. Dr. Mudan is the thalaivva when it comes to DIYs for the City. Plus I love this version of the City more than the latest avatar. It looks so much more elegant than the new one.
BTW Sir, when you buy stuff from Aliexpress, do you pay using your debit or credit car?

Regards,
Vipin

PART XXXVI:

Every morning when I started My ALBUS noticed some musty smell when I switched on the blower @ the compressor / AC in off mode. Also noted that this stale & unclean smell slowly disappeard after switching on the AC. (I have kept no vent perfume to mask the truth!)
But the ‘musty’ problem not solved. It started coming again.
Yes Sir, I too have the same problem and thought of deodorizing the A/C. I have initiated a thread on it too http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/16595-car-c-deodorizer.html

REASON:
It is common in cars used short run, humid areas, never exposed to sun & always parked under shed.
This is a case in mine.

PREVENTION:

1. The best way to prevent it is to turn off the AC a minute or so before we arrive at our destination to allow the entire system to reach ambient air temperature and prevent the condensation. No condensation means no water means no mold!

2. Whenever we get a chance make sure to intake air from outside as closed recirculated air favours fungal growth faster than air from outside.

3. Periodical HOT AIR CLEANSE is always good. After driving around 30 minutes, park the car in a safe clean area with engine running in neutral. Set the circulation to outside air and the AC temperature to hottest setting. Windows to roll up, step out outside and allow it to run for 10 - 15 minutes. The hot air passes over the fin and kills the mold / most of the bacteria.
I always do the Point 1. Some have even suggested to keep the blower to full mode and tried it too.

Point 2 is mostly not possible in City conditions. However, I do it often when on highway drives.

I tried the Point 3 for about 5 mins once and can see some difference. Will try it again as you mentioned for 15 mins.

B.[/B] DIY:
Using an AC - DEODORISER.

Ensure you move your vehicle to a well-ventilated area.
Only few choices are available in India – ABRO, GULF & 3M.
Some are meant for single fumigating application & some can be sprayed or injected. The inject & flush type comes with a long flexible pipe that can penetrate deep into the vents.
We can see the procedures through these videos.

This is exactly what I have raised in my thread. I didn't try it fearing that the Deodorizer may trigger some allergies as I am a little sensitive to these stuff (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ions/1623-best-car-perfume-17.html#post341274)

Last edited by a moderator:
PART XXXVI:

Every morning when I started My ALBUS noticed some musty smell when I switched on the blower @ the compressor / AC in off mode. Also noted that this stale & unclean smell slowly disappeard after switching on the AC. (I have kept no vent perfume to mask the truth!)

This post was enlightening. I also had the same issue and was unable to pin point the cause and was confused. You are very brilliant Sir. I have tried some ways to keep the odd smell away. Let's see the result. This is one of the very best posts i've seen. Kudos to you sir.[:D]

:offtopic: Dr.Mudhan, While you were pasting link from youtube.com pls remove the s from https. So that you will not get any dis-alignment/shaggy look in the threads (technically speaking even some small COMMA sometime makes ours, developers programs worst).

Just a small suggestion to make your thread more interesting as well making it readable.

wrong alignemnet 1.JPG

wrong alignemnet.JPG

MODS if possible remove the S from youtube link since even some of the reply posts are displayed like original post which does n't look nice for such great informative thread.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #400

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
i checked one more video on YouTube changing the bulbs. It’s the same so I hope it will be the same for my car.
@ allhyundaicars I expect you to be happy about your first purchase. The one you are buying is useful in many ways. Since it is OE compatible bulb adopter, you can change the bulbs as you like… better design for more illumination or the color if you want so - as the bulbs you can get easily /locally.​

Fantastic and very simple explanation for such a common problem. …. just about to ask you for the same and as usual you did it. [clap] [:)]
Thanks HaruH, You are welcome.​

I love all the DIYs on this thread. …BTW Sir, when you buy stuff from Aliexpress, do you pay using your debit or credit card?
Thanks VipinLJ, for your compliments. I always buy using credit card and any of my cancellation / dispute redressed issues easily get credited & reimbursed.​

Yes Sir, I too have the same problem and thought of deodorizing the A/C. I have initiated a thread on it too http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/16595-car-c-deodorizer.html
This is exactly what I have raised in my thread. I didn't try it fearing that the Deodorizer may trigger some allergies as I am a little sensitive to these stuff
Thanks Figoian to meet you again here. Yes, please do it for 15 minutes. I know your idiosyncrasy issues to perfume as I answered it with medical explanation. Therefore avoid totally the fumigating type. Plan for, if needed, the injecting AC passage flush out method with the help of any of your friend and keep away from the car for 24 / 48 hrs. so the week end would be ideal.​

…. This is one of the very best posts I’ve seen. Kudos to you sir.[:D]
Thanks vishnu vichu. I will try my best to sustain to your expectations!​

:off topic: Dr.Mudhan, While you were pasting link from youtube.com pls remove the s from https. Just a small suggestion to make your thread more interesting as well making it readable……..
Thank you very much sethumurugan. Actually, I was wondering to make it aligned. I have noted. I have also requested our Mods.​

Last edited:
Hi Mudhan Sir...

Thanks for the link, I have bought the solar ventilation fan. Here are the details.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4-my-modified-maruti-800-a-89.html#post379635
Hey friends,

Today there was heavy rain here and I was suck in middle of road. Was driving my car at 50-60ish and I heard some repeated noise coming from front wheels. Once on the passenger side wheel and few times on my side (driver). I couldn't open the window or park the vehicle aside to look whats happening outside because of heavy rain. Instead I slowed down the vehicle but if I speed again, the noise used to come back. Later after reaching home, I physically checked and everything was fine. No Tyre punctures, broken parts nor tree branch suck under body.

Anybody faced such issue? Do you think that noise is of water splashing while driving high speed?

I have driven this vehicle nearly 100 km/h and never any issues but this was my first driving on heavy rain.

Hope my car is fine.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #403

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

"sounds" are very difficult to describe and diagnose over the Internet.

I would jack the car up, take the wheels up /off and listen/inspect where the sound comes from.

We have to rule out whether it is due to sticking brake pads, worn out front wheel bearings, tie rods, bushings, CV joints. Sometime sound emerges from damaged alloy wheel (inner rim). I have heard sounds during heavy rain and tyres partly submerged in water layer due to spinning wheel caps.

Most common problem is wheel bearing where the sound is a kind of a hum.., and it gets pretty loud around 80 km & goes with wheel speed.
If bearing issue is likely in the front passenger side the noise goes away when you turn right and as we unload the weight off that tire ; the sound will arise while you drive in a straight line, and while you make a turn/ corner to left, but will disappear for a few seconds when you corner right.

It is better not to ignore if it repeats.

You can read this too:

How to Understand Car Noises (How to Understand Car Noises)

received the LED fog lamp but unfortunately not satisfied with the brightness since i think the brightness is too dull...[cry]
thinking of buying white halogen h11 12v 55w 6000k bulb..is it ok?

however, feeling satisfied with myself since i managed to change the fog lamp myself just referring to the car manual..some sort of individual achievement[:)]

Thread Starter #405

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Sapidin

If it is really for fog purpose and better road illumination don’t go for any LED type for some time and I am sorry to hear that they were not to your expectation. Halogen H11 12v 55w bulb is exactly the OE type and nothing can satisfy you more than that.

Top Bottom