My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@sapidin The one with 23.99 USD? Its correct product and works for your honda city. Size is 61mm in length (found on other site) and should be fine but price is nearly double though. Check this

I think you have used honda city tag to search that product. Use only base type next time. Ali express has plenty of products with different pricing of same products so search carefully. Search on ebay.com as well.

I have bought this one and its on way now. It has 12x 5730 SMD's around and cree q5 in front. Cree based bulbs are very powerful and very popular now a days. Can be a perfect replacement for headlights but LEDs/SMDs are not. I guess the bulb you have bought also has cree in front but no mention on product description.

All stock bulbs will be halogen so they drain high wattage compared to LEDs, SMDs, HIDs. It doesn't mean you have to use same wattage product, atleast in case of LED's or SMD's. Only base type, voltage (will be same always) should be same. As of length, check the space inside light/bulb casing and then check the length the replacement bulb you are buying. Headlight and tail light have enough space so you can go for any LED/SMD bulbs but fog light, licence plate light, side marker, interior and etc have limited space.

The 7.5w will be more powerful then that H11 55w stock bulb.

p.s Glad to see a international member coming to this thread. Welcome to Honda City Family. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

hye bro..thanks for your reply.
hopefully the bulb also Cree type just like yours since i purchase it at a very high price...[frustration]
what a waste of money..but cannot do anything and hopefully the LED's can satisfy me enough...[cry]

Btw, this is a very good thread of Honda City...good work of all of you.

hye bro..thanks for your reply.
hopefully the bulb also Cree type just like yours since i purchase it at a very high price...[frustration]
what a waste of money..but cannot do anything and hopefully the LED's can satisfy me enough...[cry]

Btw, this is a very good thread of Honda City...good work of all of you.
Don't worry. We all have wasted money on different things before getting satisfied but at least we will understand from it. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Thread Starter #363

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

@sapidin

Where had you been so far? I have responded to many of your queries earlier and I did not get it acknowledged.

Have you fixed your shark fin antenna?

CRACING has nicely explained over your LED Fog Light Bulb issue.

Free shipping, 2x super bright H11/ 7.5W LED Fog Light Daytime Running Light Bulb For 2009-2012 Honda City, No error (Free shipping, 2x super bright H11/ 7.5W LED Fog Light Daytime Running Light Bulb For 2009 2012 Honda City ,No error-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com)

Check whether the seller has shipped them, if not yet, even now you can cancel the order and get full refund.

'No Error' is a misleading word in this advertisement and may be a business tactic which is not an issue with our ANHC models.

‘Many modern 21st century European cars such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, etc, all come with on-board computer systems that will detect when and where a light bulb is not properly functioning or burned-out. Since LED bulbs naturally have less power draw on the system, many European vehicles see this as a fault and as a result, a "bulb-out" error message appears. The error free LED bulbs are a class of CAN-bus LED bulbs has either built-in load resistors or a magnified inductor to raise up the total wattage so they can “fool” most Audi, BMW or Mercedes-Benz's on board computers without triggering an error or bulb out warning on the dashboard.’

Your bulb may not have Cree Q5 bulb but do not worry, you will be happy about the illumination. I too have the same type as the new Cree technology was not available at that time.

My thread has got all these information. I wish you should have read these earlier postings of mine over this topic.

REGARDING FOG LIGHT LED BULBS​

( A)
PART XIV: MY CAR’S L.E.D LIGHTS:
Fog L.E.Ds - I preferred correct light for visibility. I gave importance to the length, as it should not touch the housing, and lumen for acceptable illumination both day (as DRL) and night (as FOGs). I also wanted the bulbs to be more silvery so that it would not spoil the inner look of FOGs. I got, at the time of my purchase the yellow tipped type only. Now newer bulbs with the best CREE technology are available with glass tip.
(B) PART III: MY FOG LAMP STORY – Page 1

(C) MORE ABOUT H11 FOG LAMP LEDS – Page 4 & 9 & 15

Regarding, Fog-Light-H11-5050-24SMD-LED-Light-Lamp-Bulb I loved the star like petals when they illuminated after seeing a MARUTHI SWIFT CAR fog light. But in ANHC, the reflection is not looking as stars , probably because of fog unit assay housing design. So I switched over to my earlier LED bulbs like the same one you ordered.

REGARDING ONLINE PURCHASE ABROAD​

Please read this tips on how to place online orders abroad esp. with aliexpress/ebay.com
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...line-shopping-abroad-customs-formalities.html . As CRACING said rightly, you would have searched over 'Honda City' .

@CRACING

Thanks for your active support & for saving my time as well.

FOOT NOTE to both of you.
Please post your car pictures.[glasses]

Last edited:
@sapidin The one with 23.99 USD? Its correct product and works for your honda city. Size is 61mm in length (found on other site) and should be fine but price is nearly double though. Check this

I think you have used honda city tag to search that product. Use only base type next time. Ali express has plenty of products with different pricing of same products so search carefully. Search on ebay.com as well.

I have bought this one and its on way now. It has 12x 5730 SMD's around and cree q5 in front. Cree based bulbs are very powerful and very popular now a days. Can be a perfect replacement for headlights but LEDs/SMDs are not. I guess the bulb you have bought also has cree in front but no mention on product description.

All stock bulbs will be halogen so they drain high wattage compared to LEDs, SMDs, HIDs. It doesn't mean you have to use same wattage product, atleast in case of LED's or SMD's. Only base type, voltage (will be same always) should be same. As of length, check the space inside light/bulb casing and then check the length the replacement bulb you are buying. Headlight and tail light have enough space so you can go for any LED/SMD bulbs but fog light, licence plate light, side marker, interior and etc have limited space.

The 7.5w will be more powerful then that H11 55w stock bulb.

p.s Glad to see a international member coming to this thread. Welcome to Honda City Family. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards
Dear bro, i have 1 doubt.

I have a brio (City's brother :)), can you confirm that my fog lamp slot is also h11? i m slightly confused whether its h11 or h7?

also, i hope this only plug n play, without any wiring needed?

@CRACING

You're welcome sir. Its my pleasure to spread my knowledge and research to help many peoples.

However, I'm no way near to what you guide to peoples nor experienced.

I have uploaded some shots to inventory and I guess I had shared a link of the same shots here before. Please have a look if you haven't seen. I ride my car very rarely. First owner has driven 47,000 KMs and handed over to me. I could hardly drive 500 Kms and its been 7 months and two days since I bought it. Would love to go long distances but don't know when that time arrives. :)

Dear bro, i have 1 doubt.

I have a brio (City's brother :)), can you confirm that my fog lamp slot is also h11? i m slightly confused whether its h11 or h7?

also, i hope this only plug n play, without any wiring needed?
Hello,

I would say Jazz has some similar products as City but I'm afraid that same cannot be said for Brio.

I have searched for few mins online and found that brio has different types of fog lights assy's used. That means H11, HB4, H8, H27 or etc. So best bet is to remove the bulb and see whats written on it otherwise just ask for Honda Service Center.

Wiring isn't required. Just plug n enjoy. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hello,

I would say Jazz has some similar products as City but I'm afraid that same cannot be said for Brio.

I have searched for few mins online and found that brio has different types of fog lights assy's used. That means H11, HB4, H8, H27 or etc. So best bet is to remove the bulb and see whats written on it otherwise just ask for Honda Service Center.

Wiring isn't required. Just plug n enjoy. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thanks for the reply, bro!

1 last doubt: OE fog lamps are 35W, but your buying lamps rated at 50w.
Any chance of melting the wiring harness?

The reason i ask is cause, im using 100/90W relay setup and bright SMD doom lights :)

@sapidin

Where had you been so far? I have responded to many of your queries earlier and I did not get it acknowledged.

Have you fixed your shark fin antenna?

CRACING has nicely explained over your LED Fog Light Bulb issue.

Free shipping, 2x super bright H11/ 7.5W LED Fog Light Daytime Running Light Bulb For 2009-2012 Honda City, No error (Free shipping, 2x super bright H11/ 7.5W LED Fog Light Daytime Running Light Bulb For 2009 2012 Honda City ,No error-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com)

Check whether the seller has shipped them, if not yet, even now you can cancel the order and get full refund.

'No Error' is a misleading word in this advertisement and may be a business tactic which is not an issue with our ANHC models.

‘Many modern 21st century European cars such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, etc, all come with on-board computer systems that will detect when and where a light bulb is not properly functioning or burned-out. Since LED bulbs naturally have less power draw on the system, many European vehicles see this as a fault and as a result, a "bulb-out" error message appears. The error free LED bulbs are a class of CAN-bus LED bulbs has either built-in load resistors or a magnified inductor to raise up the total wattage so they can “fool” most Audi, BMW or Mercedes-Benz's on board computers without triggering an error or bulb out warning on the dashboard.’

Your bulb may not have Cree Q5 bulb but do not worry, you will be happy about the illumination. I too have the same type as the new Cree technology was not available at that time.

My thread has got all these information. I wish you should have read these earlier postings of mine over this topic.

REGARDING FOG LIGHT LED BULBS​

( A)

(B) PART III: MY FOG LAMP STORY – Page 1

(C) MORE ABOUT H11 FOG LAMP LEDS – Page 4 & 9 & 15

Regarding, Fog-Light-H11-5050-24SMD-LED-Light-Lamp-Bulb I loved the star like petals when they illuminated after seeing a MARUTHI SWIFT CAR fog light. But in ANHC, the reflection is not looking as stars , probably because of fog unit assay housing design. So I switched over to my earlier LED bulbs like the same one you ordered.

REGARDING ONLINE PURCHASE ABROAD​

Please read this tips on how to place online orders abroad esp. with aliexpress/ebay.com
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...line-shopping-abroad-customs-formalities.html . As CRACING said rightly, you would have searched over 'Honda City' .

@CRACING

Sorry sir for the long silent since busy with work and daily activities.

This is my ride and my shark fin antenna...[:D]

Btw, the front grill i have change to black and no more silver colour..

Attachments

Thread Starter #369

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@CRACING

You're welcome sir. It’s my pleasure to spread my knowledge and research to help many peoples.
I have uploaded some shots to inventory and I guess I had shared a link of the same shots here before. Please have a look if you haven't seen.
CRACING,I don’t think so you have posted so far any full picture of your car. Anyhow, if possible try,Thanks.

@ darkkid85

….I have a brio (City's brother :)), can you confirm that my fog lamp slot is also h11? i m slightly confused whether its h11 or h7?.... .
@ darkkid85

You can try any one or more of the following to find out the correct specification of the bulb:

1. Read your car manual and find out. See here, I have given the page of ANHC (III GEN) manual.
2. Talk to service guy.
3. Physically verify from your own.

I have seen AMAZE fogs, they are smaller than ANHC & Please read this: Honda Amaze Fog Light | Gaadi.com

ANHC.jpg

ANHC2.jpg

@ darkkid85

@ darkkid85

You can try any one or more of the following to find out the correct specification of the bulb:

1. Read your car manual and find out. See here, I have given the page of ANHC (III GEN) manual.
2. Talk to service guy.
3. Physically verify from your own.

I have seen AMAZE fogs, they are smaller than ANHC & Please read this: Honda Amaze Fog Light | Gaadi.com

Thx Mudhan sir, as expected you're awesome [clap]

Good to know the fog lamp is already rated at 55w[confused]( till now i thought it ws only 35W), so buying 50W from aliexpress is not an issue.

Final doubt: Will these fog lamps give good visibility in rain also? I'm asking since it rains too much in Bangalore[frustration]

respectfully~ ramu

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #371

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
...Final doubt: Will these fog lamps give good visibility in rain also? I'm asking since it rains too much in Bangalore[frustration]...

@ darkkid85

Please read my earlier posting for more clarity: (17th November 2013, 12:01 PM @ BODHI)

"Yes, L.E.D bulbs are so far not produced to give equivalent illumination like a conventional halogen bulb. But the days are not far away. See here example, the standard H11 halogen bulb gives max 1570 lumens. Only at present the CREE technology can give max 650 Lumens.
To my opinion, fog lamps should not be compared with head lights. I lived / driven more than 10 years in a very foggy / misty place like OOTY, wherein I felt the original halogen fog bulbs dissipate the foggy air layer by their heat waves and make our car to be noticed by others. This quality we cannot expect from L.E.Ds.
Definitely, the fog L.E.D bulb will be easily spotted by other motorists on the road, whether it is day,rainy or foggy time, it also complements the road lower view to some extent."

@ sapidin

Thanks for your immediate response. Sparkling brown metallic is an exciting colour. Once I too thought of changing the grill to black and then left it.

With Warm Regards
Dr MUDHAN

CRACING,I don’t think so you have posted so far any full picture of your car. Anyhow, if possible try,Thanks.
Alright sir, here you go. Please open the following link. I'm not attaching the pictures of my car here just because this is your ownership thread. I'm thinking to make my own ownership thread and will let you know once I do it. [:)]

Good to know the fog lamp is already rated at 55w[confused]( till now i thought it ws only 35W), so buying 50W from aliexpress is not an issue.
Dear bro,

The scanned pages Dr MUDHAN showed you are Honda City's and it has 55w H11. Like he pointed out, you have to go through one of those options to know which bulb your car has.

Or you checked your car manual and it says 55w H11 too?

And which is that 50W bulb your looking on aliexpress? LED, HID or halogen? [confused]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Alright sir, here you go. Please open the following link. I'm not attaching the pictures of my car here just because this is your ownership thread. I'm thinking to make my own ownership thread and will let you know once I do it. [:)]

Dear bro,

The scanned pages Dr MUDHAN showed you are Honda City's and it has 55w H11. Like he pointed out, you have to go through one of those options to know which bulb your car has.

Or you checked your car manual and it says 55w H11 too?

And which is that 50W bulb your looking on aliexpress? LED, HID or halogen? [confused]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Since i'm a newbie, i want to ask a simple question. between LED, HID and halogen, which one will give the brightest lighting effect if use for the fog lamp. I want to make my fog lamp to be bright as it can in white colour, contra with my car black colour.[clap]

Since i'm a newbie, i want to ask a simple question. between LED, HID and halogen, which one will give the brightest lighting effect if use for the fog lamp. I want to make my fog lamp to be bright as it can in white colour, contra with my car black colour.[clap]
Hmm, I think you like opposite to what darkkid85 asked. You want brightness of the bulb itself rather then the light it throws and he wants visibility at rain/fog.

However, I will leave this query to Dr MUDHAN because he explains nicely and accurately. Please hang tight. [:)]

Thread Starter #375

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@darkkid85 & @ sapidin

BULBS: Brightness (LUMEN) Vs Energy consumption (WATT)​

Brightness is a description of light output, which is measured in lumens (not as Watts).

To save energy, we have to find out bulbs with the light output we need i.e. lumens, and then choose the one with the lowest wattage.

The one ordered by CRACING (2x Cree High Power H11 H8 High Power 12 SMD 5730 Cree Q5 Led Fog Lights Bulbs Super Bright White Car Signal Reverse Light Bulb-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com ) is at present a best choice in terms of lumen, watt, size & value for money.

A less watt means lower power consumption / use of battery.

Say for example, standard H11 bulb consumes 55W of energy, whereas LED bulb takes 5 to 7.5 watt ; does not mean less powerful if they have better lumen. Regarding Lumen, as I said it earlier today, the standard H11 halogen bulb gives max 1570 lumens & at present the CREE technology can give 650 Lumens + more.

@ CRACING

Thanks. I really missed the link as I was not aware & instead I was searching over my thread.

Excellent, start your thread at the earliest to know more & more about you & your car.

Last edited:

Top Bottom