My New Honda City in White - The Albus

I have attached a chart that shows luminous flux (lm) per SMD for different types of SMDs. Some might have already know this but for those who don't and get confused on which to choose so know better before you go for. :)

Also attached a diagram of 2009 - 2011 model Honda City tail light indicating which type of bulbs (base) are used. Might be useful for some.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #347

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACIN

Thanks for this diagram. [clap]

Please post other diagrams meant for head light and others for ANHC 2009 – 11 (same for 2012/2013) if you can get it.

I was about to take a snapshot of my tail assay tomorrow to show you that those bulbs are T20 & T10 in response to your following quote:

OE brake light aka tail light contains T20 bulb for brake? When I removed the tail light unit for cleaning, the bulbs were like BA15s or BAY15d. Or you were talking about bumper lights that comes on ANHC 2012 and above?

@ CRACING

Thanks for this diagram. [clap]

Please post other diagrams meant for head light and others for ANHC 2009 – 11 (same for 2012/2013) if you can get it.
Actually I did those myself (Not found on net) but will do for others as well like you suggested. :)

I was about to take a snapshot of my tail assay tomorrow to show you that those bulbs are T20 & T10 in response to your following quote:
Yeah, I had guessed wrong earlier but today I took out the tail assay again and checked it.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Ok Did a detailed diagrams & info about Honda City 09-11 model bulbs on various locations.

All stock bulbs are halogen so they drain high wattage compared to LEDs, SMDs, HIDs. It doesn't mean you have to use same wattage products as replacement. Only if you go higher then stock wattage, then you might need relay, fuse, separate wiring from battery and etc. Base type & voltage should be same and as of bulb dimensions, check the space inside light/bulb casing before you buy the replacement bulb. Headlights and tail lights have enough space so you can go for any size bulbs but fog light, licence plate light, side marker, interior lights and etc have limited space.

p.s If there are any mistakes, please let me know.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Did a detailed diagrams & info about Honda City 09-11 model bulbs on various locations.

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thanks a lot CRACING for such a detailed diagrams. surely it will help many of us. Can you please post the tail lamp diagram for (11-13) model as sir suggested. [:)]

Thread Starter #351

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thanks CRACING for your extra ordinary efforts in response to my request. I am sure these information would add value to my / our thread. I am posting today something about steering wheel cover as you wanted.

@ Thanks HaruH , you too for your continuous encouragement.

Thanks a lot CRACING for such a detailed diagrams. surely it will help many of us. Can you please post the tail lamp diagram for (11-13) model as sir suggested. [:)]
Sorry, Wish I could but I couldn't find much info about 12 - 13 model. I believe it has same type bulbs but only change in design and place.

Also lings honda parts has got diagrams till 2009 model only.

@Dr MUDHAN

That ebay seller has got H11 Cree Q5 bulb that I was looking. Quoted 7 usd per bulb. Yes little high compared to aliexpress but the seller is trusted as I have bought many bulbs from him before and one packet is on way now. May be I will buy H11 Cree & T20 SMD bulbs today. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Thread Starter #353

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

PART XXXV:

MY ALBUS: STEERING WHEEL COVER STORY

I wanted to add a cover liner for my steering wheel that should be purposeful and elegant as well.

I understood that Steering wheel covers protect the original steering wheel from becoming grimy or worn down & are made of almost any sort of material, from leather to faux fur. The preference of such material abroad goes with seasons … summer, winter etc.

It was also interesting to note that there are heated steering wheel covers, might be a good choice for those live in a very colder climates which works with 12V outlet!

I prepared / preferred myself:

1. To know the right size /diameter
2. Should snugly fit existing steering wheel to give a better handle and grip.
3. Should give me a sleek but a “full” feeling as I am one of those who have larger hands.
4. Should not get easily ripped from constant handling & Does not discolor or fade.
5. Should be odorless & not to spoil the cabin atmosphere.
6. Should make the wheel look more stylish, elegant from inside and outside and should look cool to complement the car's interior.
7. Easy installation

I measured and found out that our ANHC has medium size steering wheel and the suitable one is around 37 - 39 centimeters / 14.5 - 15.5 inches / in diameter.
(The standard sizes are: Small -13.5 to 14.5 inches in diameter / Medium -14.5 to 15.5 inches in diameter / Large -15.5 to 16.5 inches in diameters.)

The genuine leather is very expensive and I have seen even If it is made of leather, it can get ripped from constant handling; in others, shreds of fabric left dangling.

I preferred, something natural & solid. Something suits to my cabin décor – a beige / black, or combination.

First, I purchased one a beige/black combination from ebay.in , and threw out as it was of very cheap recycled rubber, very heavy, smelling hell , not as elegant as appeared in their advertisement.[frustration]

I was tempted by this Aliexpress advertisement: ‘STEERING WHEEL COVER VISCOSE CAR SLAMS FOUR SEASONS SUMMER ECO-FRIENDLY’ and ordered:

steering cover.jpg

But unfortunately again disappointed.[cry]

I found out that the seller could not supply the one he had advertised for @ US $13.24 as the same was costing to him double the amount, so he had sent to me a counterfeit. When I brought the fact to the seller, he felt guilty and refunded the entire money.

It was almost looking like the good one but the quality of the inner rubber lining was inferior and again emitting unpleasant rubber smell.
(You can read my experience here : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...line-shopping-abroad-customs-formalities.html / 16th October 2013, 09:39 PM)

I was about to throw that too, but my conscious told ‘no more wasting of money’ over steering wheel covers.

As I liked the exterior design which was made out of viscose material and I started exploring how to avoid the rubber smell.

I soaked the cover in a lukewarm water mixed with white vinegar and dried @ interior. Repeated three times giving a time gap in-between. Found out 75% of odor has gone almost. Kept it in the dickey for few days. Then snapped over my steering wheel and I could feel little smell still, naturally, as I was just sitting in front of it in the driver seat, but thank god the odor disappeared over a period.

It is different, unique & elegant. The black color is nice in all dimension as beige would have easily got dirty. The natural outer threads made out of viscose gives me a good grip and the whole cover is firm & rigid. (Even otherwise our double side tape is there to make it firm!)

Somehow I don’t prefer the ‘stitching type’ as it get bulged and the knots would worn out easily.

Hope you enjoyed my story of the steering wheel cover! [:)]

Last edited:
It is not safe to keep them on the dash of any car equipped with airbags. From what I can see in the pictures, it looks like they have been placed on the part of the dash below which the airbags are. If, God forbid, the airbags deploy, these dolls can be like missile and cause serious injuries. So please do reconsider the position.

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #355

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
It is not safe to keep them on the dash of any car equipped with airbags. ...Regards,Vipin
Thanks VipinLJ, for your safety tips.[clap]

I never thought of that in that magnitude. I will shift to a better location.

All those who have kept other things over air bag lid like perfume, parking monitor, mobile holders, dash clock, anti-slip mats etc. may take note of it.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
It is not safe to keep them on the dash of any car equipped with airbags. From what I can see in the pictures, it looks like they have been placed on the part of the dash below which the airbags are. If, God forbid, the airbags deploy, these dolls can be like missile and cause serious injuries. So please do reconsider the position.

Regards,
Vipin
Thanks VipinLJ, for your safety tips.[clap]

I never thought of that in that magnitude. I will shift to a better location.

All those who have kept other things over air bag lid like perfume, parking monitor, mobile holders, dash clock, anti-slip mats etc. may take note of it.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Very Valid Point Vipin. Hope this will be very useful for others those who had kept various things like Dr. Mudhan mentioned have to be careful.

We always have such people who can think in various angle and very helpful to others.

Thanks.

Thanks...
Best Regards

I just bought a white led for my Honda City 2012 fog lamp from Aliexpress and still waiting for it..

Free shipping, 2x super bright H11/ 7.5W LED Fog Light Daytime Running Light Bulb For 2009-2012 Honda City ,No error

But according to the diagram, the fog lamp using H11 12V 55W type of bulb but my purchase is H11 12V 7.5W led lamp. Is it ok to use this kind of bulb for the fog lamp or i have make wrong purchase??[confused]

I just bought a white led for my Honda City 2012 fog lamp from Aliexpress and still waiting for it..

Free shipping, 2x super bright H11/ 7.5W LED Fog Light Daytime Running Light Bulb For 2009-2012 Honda City ,No error

But according to the diagram, the fog lamp using H11 12V 55W type of bulb but my purchase is H11 12V 7.5W led lamp. Is it ok to use this kind of bulb for the fog lamp or i have make wrong purchase??[confused]
@sapidin The one with 23.99 USD? Its correct product and works for your honda city. Size is 61mm in length (found on other site) and should be fine but price is nearly double though. Check this

I think you have used honda city tag to search that product. Use only base type next time. Ali express has plenty of products with different pricing of same products so search carefully. Search on ebay.com as well.

I have bought this one and its on way now. It has 12x 5730 SMD's around and cree q5 in front. Cree based bulbs are very powerful and very popular now a days. Can be a perfect replacement for headlights but LEDs/SMDs are not. I guess the bulb you have bought also has cree in front but no mention on product description.

All stock bulbs will be halogen so they drain high wattage compared to LEDs, SMDs, HIDs. It doesn't mean you have to use same wattage product, atleast in case of LED's or SMD's. Only base type, voltage (will be same always) should be same. As of length, check the space inside light/bulb casing and then check the length the replacement bulb you are buying. Headlight and tail light have enough space so you can go for any LED/SMD bulbs but fog light, licence plate light, side marker, interior and etc have limited space.

The 7.5w will be more powerful then that H11 55w stock bulb.

p.s Glad to see a international member coming to this thread. Welcome to Honda City Family. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom