My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Dr Mudhan amazing write up. Just overwhelming!!
I love maintaining my car but my dad gave me strict orders DGM's son will not clean the car himself [cry] (we stay in company quarters so it seems it does not make a good impression) but still some times i sneak out in the afternoons to wax my bonnet and clean my alloy rims [:D]
Regarding service here in mumbai they are doing it really well.the car comes back real shiny and as super smooth.
Hehe the average is quite bad.i hardly get 6.5 kmpl on normal mumbai roads.but when i go on western express way average varies between 14.5-19kmpl .
I tried my shaldon lemon and orange.later tried godrej aer.now godrej aer is almost exhausted.so planning to buy a new one.i insist on buying godrej aer musk or the green one.but my parents want to go back to my shaldon.

Thread Starter #17

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dr Mudhan amazing write up. Just overwhelming!!
I love maintaining my car but my dad gave me strict orders DGM's son will not clean the car himself [cry] (we stay in company quarters so it seems it does not make a good impression) but still some times i sneak out in the afternoons to wax my bonnet and clean my alloy rims [:D]
Regarding service here in mumbai they are doing it really well.the car comes back real shiny and as super smooth.
Hehe the average is quite bad.i hardly get 6.5 kmpl on normal mumbai roads.but when i go on western express way average varies between 14.5-19kmpl .
I tried my shaldon lemon and orange.later tried godrej aer.now godrej aer is almost exhausted.so planning to buy a new one.i insist on buying godrej aer musk or the green one.but my parents want to go back to my shaldon.
Good Ravib to meet you again.
That’s the problem in our Indian society. It happened to me too. I stay in my all India Corporate Training College campus as I worked here as Vice Principal just before my promotion. I command respect here a lot. First few months I allowed my contract labors to clean my car but they really spoiled my car. When I personally started doing people felt uneasy; but I could not avoid it. I feel it gives me a good relaxation and makes me indirectly do meditation. I sweat out and get a good exercise. So I continue. Sometime I allow them to help me while washing the car and maximum I avoid washing. I use to dust off by micro fiber cloth and clean by Jopasu duster. Clean any dirty spot by hand water spray and use Amway silicone polish to remove stubborn marks. Once in three months I top up with wax.
I don’t know how do you manage to drive in Mumbai road? I am planning to try Godrej aer, but not the rose one. I like My Shaldan very much but the only problem you have to keep it open always!

yep godrej aer rose one is too strong unbearable.today i purchased my shaldan orange.
every one who sat in my car was impressed d fragrance.wanted to try squash but it was out of stock at the local super market [cry] so will have to stay with orange for a nice 3 months(pointing out its life).
BTW hate this forum for not giving credit to such awesome thread.Honda city threads are have pretty short lives on this forum. Dont get the reason for this discrimination.Sir add more stories; missing them.
What are you using to clean those tyres they are looking amazing.As good as new.Do you remove pebbles from the threads??Heard they damage the tyre.Is there any tool that you know to remove the pebbles??I guess i have a puncture in my front left tyre.I noticed a small nail and removed it.I also noticed that it is also losing pressure quite regularly .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Ravib, I haven’t tried MS Orange, you try next time the Squash, you will find it very refreshing and that’s an always hot selling fragrance.
Thanks for encouraging me to write more. Sure, dear I will do it. I have more to share with you all, not only about extra fittings and something about maintenance too. I am little busy with my official duty and I have also to write & manage my other three blogs- IF ONLY THEY COULD TALK! - (for animal lovers to make them smile & relax), Gather and Treasure (brings the finest human feeling & interesting facts of life), UI NALANDA (for my insurance colleagues).
Please wait, I will tell you about my tyre story too. It’s really nice that you have noticed everything in my thread.[:D]

So, now -

PART VII:
THE STORY OF MY LED SIDE VIEW MIRRORS:

From the very first day at the Honda show room my wife was telling that our car would also look nice with the led side view mirrors. When I checked with the dealer I was made to realize that it was impossible in other versions as the higher end comes with the special led ORVMs interconnected with engine (auto folding?).
I started searching for aftermarket type, simple cover type, clip on as original (no double side tape type) and the quality should enhance the look. Nothing was available in India except from the only one Indian manufacture GALIO. I went along with my wife to the GALIO retailer but we did not like the shape and design & again it is double side tape type. I could find out online the almost original type, one SAKURA make in Taiwan but the price was almost 100 $. Many You Tube videos are there about Sakura, but again the budget and risk inhibited me.
I was tempted by one Chinese make in Ali Express, the price was only 45 $, while I was thinking twice about buying, the price had gone to 49.5 $, ok, ok no more thinking I took risk. The vendor agreed to reduce 2 $ if I agree shipping via China Air Mail. But my experience is better with Honk Kong registered mail, I ordered. I started worrying for paying the Indian custom duty if any as I had never bought anything to this value before. It arrived safely, fortunately no custom duty charged. The quality is so good. Again I had to make it white to match my car color. I tried white carbon fiber vinyl but it spoiled the look as it peeled off the next day. So I gave them for painting. The painter could not understand the ‘taffeta white’ and he insisted a sample from the car as I could not go to his place, so I had to remove temporarily to give it to him the fiber lid (towing hook) in the front bumper.
Now the search began for a good auto electrician at Chennai. My brother took me to one of his known auto electrician in Royapettah. He did OK job but the way he handled the mirror covers and the car irritated me a little. When I came back home, I was so happy about the new side mirrors.
But next day, unfortunately, my front door was not responding to unlock through the Minda remote and I got stuck as I closed earlier the key hole with my chrome handle covers. Fortunately I managed to get into the car by the other front door key hole by opening it manually. I understood that while putting back the door pad the electrician removed the metal hook of remote lock and misaligned. I know it is only 5 minutes job to restore, I called the electrician humbly but he wanted me to bring the car to his place and denied that it was not his fault. No use of arguing with him when he never wants to learn from his mistake. But I had tough time to get into the car from the other side as I am almost 6 feet tall. Suddenly I remembered Minda service, called the toll free number & registered the complaint. They called me back and told I need not pay if within the warranty or otherwise Rs.300/- service charges. I know it is not even 6 months but the question is whether I would be able to trace the warranty card!!
I got it. The same service boy who did the installation came, did neat job and restored. I was so happy the way he handled my car, appreciated and gave him good tips.

Attachments

Last edited:
Dr Mudhan, what a splendid review of your vehicle, straight from the heart.It shows the passion and love you have for your vehicle.Many congratulations on the ownership and wish you many happy miles with it.

Thread Starter #22

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thanks Vijay, saimad4u for all your encouragements. That’s the specialty of our TAI where people like you come forward and motivate others.[:D]

Now I go to -

PART VIII :
THE TYRE SHINER:

Imagine a person appears neatly dressed but with dirty shoes – certainly not acceptable, isn't it? Many of us clean the car but we give less importance to the tyres & wheels. I have seen many new vehicle has withered alloys or wheel covers. I always wanted my tyres to be clean and shiny. I touch the tyre part last in the cleaning process, with a separate cloth. Of course tyres and wheel covers by separate bits of cloth. Fortunately my regular roads are not muddy.
I tried many products to make my tyres black & shiny. My first product was STP Son Of A Gun- Foam Aerosol Tire Cleaner and I was amazed by seeing the shinning but disappointed as it could not last even for a week and for me it was expensive foam. I thought why not I should try black shoe polish. I tried, but ok, but no shining ( he he .. don’t laugh as it appears funny![lol]). Some auto enthusiast threads said that the cheap and easy way to get shining tyres by using glycerin. I bought medical glycerin, mixed with water, applied. Good shining but only for few days.
Unless it is rainy, I want the shine should last for at least 3 to 4 weeks. I went to my regular auto store for a good tyre shiner, he gave me ‘F1 Tyre Shiner & Cleaner’ a silicone based Chinese one. I did not get the desired result. Some say silicone based tyre dresser is not good for tyres. But silicone has become inseparable in auto maintenance.
I went through some review in Amazon.com and the one I selected is Formula one Tyre Shiner-Black Gold and found it works to my expectation and even after rain.
Let me know if you come across anything better available in India. I read our Indian product Waxpol tyre shiner is very good- anybody tried?

I would like my tyre valve cap to be an aluminum one, weightless. I clean with WD40 before threading them, will not corrode, not to get bonded and damage the mouth.

Some ideas ….

Though I don’t have any experience about maintaining alloy wheels, I understand some good alloy cleaner and polisher are available in the market. Definitely, they need caring or otherwise they get oxidized and become dull. Good tyre polisher and Alloy polisher should never damage each other. Cleaning of wheel covers with regular car shampoo and daily cleaning by micro fiber cloth will preserve the glossy coat.
If a sound comes when car speed is increased, the first thing to be checked whether the tyres have inter tread pebbles-small stones, before checking up the alignment & bearings. To get rid of all stones and pebbles, periodically we can use some blunt tools like Russian medical forceps (available in surgical shops), as other sharp tools and force will damage the treads. Remember to wash and make the tyres wet for easy removal. The water makes it easier to pry the pebbles out of the tire tread as we do before cutting out our finger nails.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART IX:
MY CARS & THE CROWS:

I am one of those who would like to maintain the car neat and beautiful. I liked the beautiful metallic silver color when I bought my Matiz. But it had created a lot of inconvenience to me as I noted that birds like crows and pigeons found to be fond of my car and they were happy to pass their droppings over the shiny silver body. Unfortunately, which made me to clean and clean. My wife and daughter used to laugh at and tell me “they all love you and your car ”

Really, it made to wonder why do they like my car ,and I could notice that many times other cars are untouched.

I realized that it is not my car but the metallic color that attracted the birds. So this time when we bought our New Honda city, that’s one reason we accepted the taffeta white as we could not get alabaster silver metallic. But the crows are not leaving me again and they continue to chase my car. When I was wondering, my brother who owns a white Toyota Etios had the same problem. It made us to think that there should a commonality between our cars. Crows chasing & droppings are more noticed after car wash with shampoo. We have been using Amway car shampoo for many years, we thought, probably the chemical smell attracted the birds. And it was high time to change the car shampoo, so the hunt began. Wow! How many products are there in the market!! We have narrowed down between Formula 1 - Carnauba Wash & Wax Shampoo and ABRO-Premium Gold Car wash. I got a deal @ snapdeal.com, Abro 946ml for Rs.361/-, bought and shared a sample to my brother. It’s really good. But still some crows followed. We understood that the color never matters, something more attracts the birds.

Birds are naturally attracted to shiny objects, which makes things like jewelry and sequins great targets. They may fly off with bits of foil or even jewelry if given a chance. It is good to be careful while playing with pet birds as it is good to avoid shiny jewels and make ups. They love to grab ear rings, and necklaces and may be attracted to glasses and watches.
So, just to avoid crows one can’t keep the car dirty… he hee! Better to avoid under tree parking and, avoid parking under the beam when parked inside a shed.

I have also noticed that it is not only the birds are attracted to cars like mine, even people prefer to lay over and relax on my car when parked in the parking lot. When I used to feel for it, my daughter as a kid used to say ‘Daddy, they do it because your car is clean and neat!’
Of course, I can't avoid it friends![lol]

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Dr Mudhan,

Detailed review on your new acquisition Honda City.

In car care why don't you try Merguiars products promoted by 3M India? They are considered the best available and when i tried them they were truly marvelous. Like there image for being the best in business there products are a bit costly though.

Regards,
Sankar

Superb and really different way way putting things detailed manner. Love your review.

BTW, I have piranha remote lock in my sparky. Actually I called AutoCOP guys only. but the guy came with this.

I got little delayed coming down to the parking lot and this guy started fixing. Then only I realized it is not AutoCop and the guy did not even have bill.

Only problem I had faced till date was one remote fell down and broken. I have fixed it using normal quick-fix.

And i would love to have those LED indicators for my sparky to. I started searching for GALIO.

Thanks for sharing so many info.

Thread Starter #27

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hi Dr Mudhan,

Detailed review on your new acquisition Honda City.

In car care why don't you try Merguiars products promoted by 3M India? They are considered the best available and when i tried them they were truly marvelous. Like there image for being the best in business there products are a bit costly though.

Regards,
Sankar
Thanks Mr. Sankar for your visit to my thread. I have gone thro' your wonderful threads on Maruthi Dezire. I have not tried Meguiars products - Are they really good on white color?
Of course your car looks very good. I use Klasse Car Care Products. I will write about it.

Thread Starter #29

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Superb and really different way way putting things detailed manner. Love your review.

BTW, I have piranha remote lock in my sparky. Actually I called AutoCOP guys only. but the guy came with this.

I got little delayed coming down to the parking lot and this guy started fixing. Then only I realized it is not AutoCop and the guy did not even have bill.

Only problem I had faced till date was one remote fell down and broken. I have fixed it using normal quick-fix.

And i would love to have those LED indicators for my sparky to. I started searching for GALIO.

Thanks for sharing so many info.
Thanks for your visit to my thread and for your compliments.
Piranha remote lock is equally good as it is also Autocop product. Only thing I wanted a new design and no drilling which I had to do for my Matiz. Any time you can buy a spare remote from them and the remote can learn the code in your car for your use.
If you want blinking led side mirrors, there are two options. See personally the GALIO original cover for your SPARKY @ Galio dealer in GP road (phone / address you can get from GALIO site), if not available you can buy online here: LetsModify - Blinking Mirror Cover-Chevrolet-Spark-Chrome - Buy Car Exterior Accessories | Snapdeal.com (Note the picture is not the actual mirror cover)
OR, you look at this cheap and good flexible led lights, buy this from China and paste over the existing mirror.
2x Soft 13 LED Car Auto Side Door Mirror Light Indicator Turn Signals 12V Yellow Blue Colors Free Shipping-in Side Turn Signal from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Attachments

Last edited:
Mr. Mudhan, Already i have gone thru GALIO and found the LED blinkers are available for spark. Not only for that but so many other accessories for my sparky. Being yesterday was off for me i thought of going there but I could n't. If possible I will go there on Thursday have a look, enquire about all the products and check about fitting [will they do or do they recommend someone nearby].

Thanks for the info.

BTW, do you any one who can help me out design/make to order parcel trey for my sparky. Since mine is LPG version, spare Tyre occupies the back seat and both speakers are fixed in same side which does n't give me any effect.

Top Bottom