My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello doctor and friends,

Today i upgraded my honda city whole Tyres,changed to MICHELIN 195/60/15. Really great look now,wide tyres and feeling more comfort and handling.
Cost me each tyre 6150/- ( there is two types of tyre and i bought the best one) 4 tyres 24600/-

Dear Jijomthw,

I have few query regarding ICE which you have installed. Trying to contact you via PM please go through it. [:)]

Hello Friends,

Its time for my car tyres replacement too. OE tyres have run about 50k in 6 years so far and now they have lots of sidewall cracks around the rim so I don't want to take risk.

Today I have contacted Michelin tyre stores for stock and pricing. They have stocks but didn't share price through phone so I will have to go there today evening or tomorrow and buy them if everything looks fine.

Tyres I would like to buy is: Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15, Set of 4
New tyres will be fitted to existing alloy wheels: Enkei 15x5.5

Two things I am yet to understand:

I have unused spare OE tyre which is 175/65 R15 but I don't know whether it is ok to use in emergency case. If it needs upgrade too then I shall get it later.

OE tyre pressure suggested by company is 32 PSI in front and 30 PSI for rear. Will this be same for upgraded tyres or should I increase/increase?

Thanks...
Best Regards

I'm in little trouble here and require advice from those who have upgraded tyres on their Honda City having OE alloys.

Today I had visited to tyre store and asked for Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15. They didn't had stock so they said will bring from Bangalore if I'm interested to buy.

Price for each is Rs. 6150 which I found to be fair so booked 4 sets and paid 1k advanced.

Later the guy from Bangalore called me to confirm the size and made me confused. He said no body have upgraded tyres to above mentioned size on their Honda City and am I sure about the size. Most of them have bought 175 (OE size) and some 185.

I came here and checked my previous posts where I had discussed with TSIVipul for tyre upgrade and he had recommended to get 195/65 R15 for 15x5.5j Alloys.

Damn I got it wrong but when I told this size to the Bangalore guy, he said 195/65 R15 is wrong upsize and it will badly effect the vehicle. Then he said to reconfirm tomorrow morning and tell him which size he should dispatch to me.

Now I'm so confused to choice the size. Please advice.

@Jijomthw

Do you have 5.5" or 6" alloy wheels width?

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,476

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

I understand your concern.

1. Honda , India recommendation:

ANHC TYRE UPGRADE.jpg

2. Most widely used (Aftermarket) size/ specification in OE Alloy (5.5j) and Aftermarket Alloys( 6j & plus):

195/ 60/15 and, most preferred brand and model presently is Michelin Primacy 3st​

3. Scientifically recommended size for OE Alloys (5.5j) to take care of side wall issues in a smaller Alloy's width:
195/65/15​

Please Note:

Please choose Michelin Primacy 3st 195/ 60/15 or 195/ 65/15. Both are available in Indian Market, Note Manufacturing Date, to avoid very old stock.

Keep your old very good Stepney tyre for some time. If you are often prone for puncture because of usage on bad road, then change later.

185 is recommended generally for Rim 16 size.

I checked up with those went for 195/65/15, all are happy. I did not do upgrade so for, waiting for an opportunity.

180171d1442684212t-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-anhc.png

TO ENLARGE AND READ CLICK HERE: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...684212-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-anhc.png

@ CRACING

I understand your concern.
Thanks for your understanding and response.

2. Most widely used (Aftermarket) size/ specification in OE Alloy (5.5j) and Aftermarket Alloys( 6j & plus):

195/ 60/15 and, most preferred brand and model presently is Michelin Primacy 3st​

3. Scientifically recommended size for OE Alloys (5.5j) to take care of side wall issues in a smaller Alloy's width:
195/65/15​

I checked up with those went for 195/65/15, all are happy. I did not do upgrade so for, waiting for an opportunity.
I could go with 195/65 R15 but seller scares me if I ask for that size and refuses to choice it because the difference (4%) would be too much for an upgrade. However, I have read posts of those who have bought these and nobody have faced issues. So If really choice 195/65 R15, I'll have to force the seller and he thinks I'm stupid.

In TBHP forum most of AHNC owners went for 195/60 R15 on OE rims/alloys and no issues faced either. This way I can also upgrade alloys to 15x6" in future if needed and use the same tyres.

May be I'll have to go for 195/60 R15 for peace of mind. [roll]

Please Note:

Please choose Michelin Primacy 3st 195/ 60/15 or 195/ 65/15. Both are available in Indian Market, Note Manufacturing Date, to avoid very old stock.
Distributor has confirmed me that he has fresh stock and local dealer said the tyre MFG date would be 2016.

Keep your old very good Stepney tyre for some time. If you are often prone for puncture because of usage on bad road, then change later.
Good advice. I will do as you said. :)

Last edited:
I'm in little trouble here and require advice from those who have upgraded tyres on their Honda City having OE alloys.

Today I had visited to tyre store and asked for Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15. They didn't had stock so they said will bring from Bangalore if I'm interested to buy.

Price for each is Rs. 6150 which I found to be fair so booked 4 sets and paid 1k advanced.

Later the guy from Bangalore called me to confirm the size and made me confused. He said no body have upgraded tyres to above mentioned size on their Honda City and am I sure about the size. Most of them have bought 175 (OE size) and some 185.

I came here and checked my previous posts where I had discussed with TSIVipul for tyre upgrade and he had recommended to get 195/65 R15 for 15x5.5j Alloys.

Damn I got it wrong but when I told this size to the Bangalore guy, he said 195/65 R15 is wrong upsize and it will badly effect the vehicle. Then he said to reconfirm tomorrow morning and tell him which size he should dispatch to me.

Now I'm so confused to choice the size. Please advice.

@Jijomthw

Do you have 5.5" or 6" alloy wheels width?

Thanks...
Best Regards
Hello cracing,

I can understand your confusion,you can choose Michelin 195/60/15,
Dont go for 195/65/15, that not recommended upgrade.
my alloy is neo 6" size and i upgraded 195/60/15 Michelin tyres.
Hope this advice will help you.

Hello cracing,

I can understand your confusion,you can choose Michelin 195/60/15,
Dont go for 195/65/15, that not recommended upgrade.
my alloy is neo 6" size and i upgraded 195/60/15 Michelin tyres.
Hope this advice will help you.
After reading many posts of those who have upgraded to 195/60 R15, I have decided to go for it.

195/65 R15 would be ok too but I'm afraid wheel well may touch the tyres, especially when carrying 4 passengers (+1 driver). Since my car is 2009 model, it has less GC and gap around wheel well compared to 3rd gen facelift and 4th gen Honda City.

Anyway, I asked the distributor to dispatch the tyres (195/60 R15) and they may arrive tomorrow. I shall get them fitted on Sunday or Monday.

Unfortunately I cannot get chance to see the tyres before purchasing so I have to buy whatever is sent to me. But its same with most of sellers here. No body have stocks of Primacy 3ST due to less demand so they will get them on request. XM2 is ready available but I'm not interested in it.

I have requested to send latest tyres and I hope everything goes fine. :smile:

Last edited:
After reading many posts of those who have upgraded to 195/60 R15, I have decided to go for it.

195/65 R15 would be ok too but I'm afraid wheel well may touch the tyres, especially when carrying 4 passengers (+1 driver). Since my car is 2009 model, it has less GC and gap around wheel well compared to 3rd gen facelift and 4th gen Honda City.

Anyway, I asked the distributor to dispatch the tyres (195/60 R15) and they may arrive tomorrow. I shall get them fitted on Sunday or Monday.

Unfortunately I cannot get chance to see the tyres before purchasing so I have to buy whatever is sent to me. But its same with most of sellers here. No body have stocks of Primacy 3ST due to less demand so they will get them on request. XM2 is ready available but I'm not interested in it.

I have requested to send latest tyres and I hope everything goes fine. :smile:
@cracing,
Iam happy for your purchase,yes 195/60/15 is trouble free upgrade for 2009-2011 honda city, please post pictures after install new tyres.iam sure It will be good look your car when you install new wide tyres(195/60/15)

@ Cracing -

If you havent ordered the tyres yet order the 195/65 R15

I am using them since the last 10K Kms

They don't touch the wheel well even with 5 people and full bags.

And the ride comfort will substantially increase because of the higher profile.

195/60 R15 is a safe option as suggested by the tyre guys but those people have not tried out the 195/65 R15 Size to see the actual difference that it makes to the cars handling and ride quality.

The back seats are no longer bumpy

The choice is yours [:)]

PART: XCIII

MY ALBUS: NON-SLIP INTERIOR CUP CUSHION DOOR MAT COVERS- 3D & REFLECTIVE!
@Dr Mudhan -

I too have put these Non Slip Pads last year. Gives and excellent look to the interior.
Not a good option to fix with 2 way tape as they do tend to gather dust beneath them and require regular cleaning.

Your interiors seems different than my car.

I have a hand rest above the brake lever. Also do not have any of those Thin storage lines on either sides of the Hand Brake.

I have a 2012 VAT sunroof Model.

(sample Image for Reference)

Attachments

@ Cracing -

If you havent ordered the tyres yet order the 195/65 R15
I have finalized to 195/60 R15 so I cannot alter now.

Seller is ok with 195/60 but if I choice 195/65, he says if anything goes wrong then he shall not be responsible. Even if the tyres found to be faulty. Effects tyre warranty also.

I have also upgraded to 195/60 R15 XM2 energy. I am pretty much satisfied with the upgrade. I clocked ~30K on new set of rubbers. No complain yet. [clap]
Yes, I wanted to be on safer side so I want for recommended upsize. Do you have stockrims of 5.5" width or have you upgraded to wider alloys?

Do you have stockrims of 5.5" width or have you upgraded to wider alloys?
Stock Alloy RIMS (Accord type)

I was told the same tale by my Tyre Shop guys "If it does not fit we will not take it back."

I told them I will take the risk and it was the best decision that I have made for my Honda city to date. As they say fortune favours the brave.
But then again mine is the face lifted 2012 Model.

Ride quality and passenger comfort is the most important part for me in my car.
(I did not need to change tyres as my old tyres had just run 18k Kms and I bought the car second hand at 16k Kms)

Also it will not affect warranty for problems that occur due to Manufacturing defects.

Anyways you have made the choice so you will definitely still enjoy the better grip and substantially lower tyre noise. After the tyre change take the car and go for drive on the highway. You will absolutely love it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom