My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #616

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

@Dr MUDHAN, Do you really think there is a difference with 2009-11 ANHC and 2012 Facelift ANHC front grill? The shape looks same to me, no idea about backside though. Of course the bumper is different but I think even bumper fits to both. May be Honda hasn't changed the chassis, just redesigned the front look of bumper and grill in facelift version.

ANHC FRONT GRILL 2009 vs 2012 (Face Lifted) MODELS.

The 2009 to 2011 model’s front grill looked subtle and that was a totally new design at that point of time and appeared elegant.

2012 face lifted version’s front end is largely signified with the sharp pouted nose, richly aggressive that received an all new look. The front grill on the 2012 Honda City has a three stage flattened chrome slit grill.

There are minor variation in the overall shape of both these design and are not compatible. Once my colleague wanted to replace the face lifted chrome type with his 2009 model, Honda dealer said it was not possible.

Unfortunately many of the venders are not clear about the product that they are selling online!

We can note from this site that how clearly they have two different versions of front grill for ANHC 2009 & 2012 (face lifted) models.

Malaysia Body Kit, Spoiler, Door Visor, Accessories, Performance Parts, Aerodynamic, Spare Parts, Car Handling Product, LED Light, Turbo Product, Supercharge Parts, Used Parts, Automotive Parts

2012-Honda-City-14-300x200.jpg

anhc front grill.jpg

Last edited:
Dr. Mudhan, Many Thanks for your response with regard to painter and electrician. I definitely need their services in fitting of some electrical accessories. I've already purchased few small items from ebay, as suggested by members in this forum. The shark fin antenna is from your link.[:D]
the cabin light - 24 SMD Dome Roof Light FOR CAR White Color Excellent Quality | eBay
reverse camera-http://www.ebay.in/itm/181412994473?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
LED Door sill- CAR Door Sill Scuff Plate Foot Step FOR Honda City Ivtec | eBay

As you said, the Thai make OVRM looks good but appears costly when shipping is also included. may be it will have to wait. [thinking]
items in the list are chrome handles/bases, aero type rear spoiler, body colour side/bumper protector protector, [ max research is done for spoilers ! 'high command' does not want anything flashy on the car but my younger son [10] who is a NFS fanatic wants so many things [surprise] which i do not understand at all. but finally approval was obtained for spoliers ..sent snaps of my requirement (pics of 'modulo' style) to concept cars, calicut. They have agreed to supply pre-painted for Rs.2,000/- plus Rs.200/- for shipping. but i wonder if the same will match my style requirement. the pics in the forum show that their spoiler is short by a few inches in the sides ! my requirement matches the OEM spoiler which came for Civic and very similar to Modulo type.[link here: (fourth picture from top):]LAUNCH: The New 2012 Honda City – Substance And Sytle (From RM85,980 OTR)
BTW, meet the new member of my family waiting to come home.

Attachments

Last edited:
I liked the Mugen Front Grill more then the Modulo but I have 2009 ANHC. I could find some links for Indian buyers.

This one looks same as Modulo, shown by Dr MUDHAN
IMPORTED NEW HONDA CITY IVTEC FRONT GRILL - Buy car accessories online india, autogully.in

This is like Mugen's but not painted.
Welcome to Performance Zone

Another one but doesn't look so nice.
Welcome to Performance Zone

Looks like this one is fixed above the existing front grill but not sure.
Galio-Honda City-Front Show Grill Spl (IV-Tec)

You can get plenty of more accessories from Car Performance Parts,Car Exterior Lighting,Car Modification Parts [:)]

@Dr MUDHAN, Do you really think there is a difference with 2009-11 ANHC and 2012 Facelift ANHC front grill? The shape looks same to me, no idea about backside though. Of course the bumper is different but I think even bumper fits to both. May be Honda hasn't changed the chassis, just redesigned the front look of bumper and grill in facelift version.
Thanks for your reply. Really interested with this grill.
Welcome]Welcome to Performance Zone to Performance Zone

Do you think this shop can send the item to Malaysia since I'm from there because i checked the shop address it is in New Delhi.[confused]

Thanks for your reply. Really interested with this grill.
Welcome]Welcome to Performance Zone to Performance Zone

Do you think this shop can send the item to Malaysia since I'm from there because i checked the shop address it is in New Delhi.[confused]
Hmm, no idea whether they will ship internationally but I had posted those links for India buyers only. Shipping such a huge item internationally isn't a good idea either.

As you are in Malaysia and like Dr MUDHAN showed some links, there are many shops those who sell custom front grills for ANHC. You better find one there, it will be cheaper and safe. [:)]

@Dr MUDHAN

Congratulations for your new battery purchase. Wishing a long and trouble free battery life. [:)]

btw; how much has your ANHC clocked till date? Was there some issues with old battery? Is there any more difference with OE battery and the new hi-tech battery, apart from status indicator?

My OE battery has already got a status indicator but I don't know whether its a hi-tech battery. Colour of the battery is black unlike yours new green battery. The status indicator shows black, don't know whats wrong with it but the battery voltage is fine and works fine. My car has clocked 47.6k till now.

Thanks for giving detailed info about front grills.
Best Regards

Last edited:
There happened an opportunity to change the battery so I did some analysis.

1. I wanted the best version of a proven, reputed brand.
2. Hi-tech model with inbuilt Battery Status Indicator.
3. Manufactured date should be within 6 months.
4. Heavy duty as I would be going for a better ICE / amplifier.
5. Competitively priced & cheaper.
Hi Dr. Did you change it just as a proactive approach or the battery was giving up?

Thread Starter #622

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ SUNREX
Indeed a very nice color, it’s my wife’s favorite too!
I don’t know how you manage without parking sensors/camera.
Please add one silencer chrome tip- Read here for guidance:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-11.html#post355237

@ CRACING & Figoian
Absolutely no issues. The OE warranty for battery is one year and, now 18 months passed. I have utilized a provision in my conveyance scheme that after warranty period or after a minimum of 18 months I can change the battery if needed.
As you said rightly, yes, Figoian it is just a proactive measure.

@ anu87
The dealers now become shrewd and they are selling to fit ANHC 2014 model if they have the old stock alloys and no more earlier offer is still continued.

ANHC2014.jpg

Thread Starter #623

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dr Mudhan.jpg

It gives me a pleasant surprise to see my thread highlighted in front page theme of our TAI forum and the comments describing it.
I am thankful to our Moderators for the way they have the reflected their appreciation over my efforts.
I was actually wondering sometime earlier that when the forum would recognize me a professional as I continue to be quoted only as an amateur in spite of my extra ordinary threads and hundreds of postings.
This recognition makes my work ever so much more enjoyable and challenging.
Thanks to everyone who are behind my efforts.
With warm regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
@Dr MUDHAN
Good job you are inspiration to us to guide and learn from fellow TAI-gers. As far as showing as professional I think it changes based on the number of posts from us.

Thread Starter #626

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: L:

BUY THE BEST- CAR REVERSE PARKING CAMERA!

Just don’t be carried away by the seller’s words…

There are some definite things to be noted while choosing a right reverse parking camera!

I learned now while choosing the best one for my ALBUS!

The most important things – the Electronic chip, Resolution, Viewing Angle, Lux & Impact resistance.

The Electronic Chip:

There are three different types of rear-view reversing cameras are for cars on the market. The first type, called a CCD (Charge Coupled Device) is the more expensive of the two cameras as it uses digital technology and has higher clarity.
The second type, the CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) camera is cheaper because it is mass-produced and uses analogue technology.
Third one is CMOS (CMD) type, produces a better image, almost HD than a standard CMOS sensor, higher clarity than the standard CMOS.

Resolution:

Go for more effective pixels and TV lines for the better picture clarity. But we need also a better LCD screen to get the best of the camera. Wider 16.9 screen capable of displaying higher pixels, will make you to enjoy the screen. Today’s monitors are compatible for both NTSC OR PAL colour system. Somehow I prefer NTSC colour system. And, at least a 800* 480 Resolution screen of 6 to 8 inches display!

Viewing Angle:

There is a noticeable deference in the viewing angle between cameras. This is mainly due to the size of the lens. Generally cameras use either a 1.7mm or 2.8mm lens for the greatest viewing angle. Some cameras have a larger mm lens and a greater viewing distance but tend to be limited on viewing angle.

LUX Rating -The Lux rating on cameras refers to the sensitivity to light, the lower the Lux rating the better the camera responds to light. This is very important for night vision.

Weather-Proofing & Impact Resistance:

Should be capable of managing vibration, shock and water proof.
There are two different types of weather proof ratings available for reverse cameras being for dust and water. The IP67/68 rating refers to a water proof rating, this allows for the camera to be submersible to a pre-determined depth suitable for vehicle applications. All cameras with this water rating exceed the dust rating for vehicle applications. Please note: Cameras shouldn’t be cleaned using high pressure water as this pressure exceeds the IP rating or being used in salt water will damage it .

CMOS
Pros:
Cheap and common type.
Consumes less power.

Cons:
Uses analogue technology.
Plastic lenses
Inferior to the CCD sensor - which is of a lower resolution to a CCD camera and is considerably slower to react to low light conditions.
Some cameras feature Infra-Red sensors with LED’s bulbs fitted to them, to draw in light to improve visibility, the downside is that in pure daylight the image can wash out due to too much light being drawn in.
CMOS cameras can also be prone to a fish-eye appearance due to a high viewing angle but lower sensor technology.

CMOS (CMD)
Pros: CMD is said to be as good as CCD sensor during the day.
Cons:
Plastic lenses.
Inferior to the CCD sensor
Uses analogue technology.
CMD camera has a similar night vision to that of a CMOS (standard) camera.

CCD
Pros:
Uses digital technology and has higher clarity.
Anti-fog, glass lenses
Higher clarity especially in low light viewing conditions. Have the clearest night vision.
Cons: Expensive, need a good digital LCD panel support to get the best of it.

SOME MORE FEATURES:
Warnings and Alerts: Some sensors has the detection zone, alarm sounds, increasing the intensity in proportion to distance from the object. Some models with displays show the distance via indicator bars or/and by meterage.
Front Mounted Sensors: Specially designed, generally mounted on the front bumper bar and are activated by pressing the foot brake. The angle that the sensors respond to on this kit is designed for front use which differs from the rear one.
AWS (Active Warning System) Technology: The system actively warns any approaching vehicle towards our parked car by the indicators flashing or horn chirping. This, I feel, no way suitable or work in right sense here in INDIA as most of our people have no respect & love to bang others car! [frustration]

What I bought: [;)]

I could see different versions of CCD types: Drill on Bumper / Drill on License Plate / 360 Degree / Car Specific.

360 degree has a convenient to focus as we like, but has to be fixed under licence plate lamp cover, requires drilling on the dickey lid for wiring. The same case with Drill on License Plate type.

Honestly, I don’t know how would it get fixed, the car specific type. I doubt whether it will suit to ANHC 3rd Gen Model. It appears as if for CIVIC licence plate lamps socket.

Therefore, I ordered the common Drill on Bumper type from Ali-express and got it.

I am waiting for my ICE to arrive and shall post some snap shots of display soon!

reverse parking.jpg

reverse parking 2.jpg

reverse parking 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I don’t know how would it get fixed, the car specific type. I doubt whether it will suit to ANHC 3rd Gen Model. It appears as if for CIVIC licence plate lamps socket.
CAR SPECIFIC REAR VIEW CAMERAS​

There are three types of car specific reverse camera designs.

One is the replacement for licence plate bulb casing. i.e like this:

Honda_Rear_Camera_1.JPG
Link

Conclusions:
Bulb can be used as-usually to light up licence plate.
Water proof to some extents.
May require drilling.
Camera won't be in center.

Second is similar as above but comes with built-in led light for licence plate. i.e like this

Honda_Rear_Camera_2.JPG
Link

Conclusions:
Has inbuilt led light for licence plate but nightmare if the built-in led light blows.
Water proof to some extents.
No drilling requires.

Third is a different type which fits to Chrome Trunk Trim were there is cut made for licence plate lighting. It requires licence plate bulb casing to be removed first. i.e like this:

Honda_Rear_Camera_3.JPG
Link

Conclusions:
No drilling requires.
No half side licence plate light. Oh really? [lol]
Water can enter into boot easily because licence plate bulb casing is removed but may be we can do DIY thing to block the hole.

Note: All these products are said to be suitable for Honda City above 2009 by the sellers but no body has provided detailed reviews yet. The links which I have provided are just for reference but may not be the cheapest listing so please search if you wanna buy. No details about camera quality or which sensors are used is provided here so one has to check the product spec in the item listing.

So which to choice? I like the first one unless it doesn't require drilling but I'm not so sure atm. Second one is also nice but built-in led a worried thing, If it fails, it will endup like third one. The third one is highly not recommended.

The one bought by Dr MUDHAN is the best of all, of course. [clap]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
It gives me a pleasant surprise to see my thread highlighted in front page theme of our TAI forum and the comments describing it.
I am thankful to our Moderators for the way they have the reflected their appreciation over my efforts.
I was actually wondering sometime earlier that when the forum would recognize me a professional as I continue to be quoted only as an amateur in spite of my extra ordinary threads and hundreds of postings.
You truly deserve it, Dr.Mudhan. This is indeed one gem of a thread on our forum.

PS: Certain membership ranks are automated. Please refer to this link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-explanation-membership-ranks-promotions.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Dr MUDHAN

Sir, I need a little guide on gear swift cover aka swift boot (MT) because the stock one on my car has worn now and wanted to replace.

Regarding where to buy (India or China) and are they vehicle specific. There are some universals in aliexpress but not specific to ANHC.

As well as how to remove and install it since I don't wanna break something without knowing how to remove it.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom