My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Sir now days many threads are active regarding improvement of sound dampening or sound insulation of car. I also strongly feel that sound deadening is not up to the mark in our City as road noise and other sounds are clearly audible in the car. I have done this comparison in my friends Swift and my City and found that Swifts sound insulation is much much better.

So what is your take on this topic and how we can improve our cars sound deadening ability.

Thread Starter #587

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir now days many threads are active regarding improvement of sound dampening or sound insulation of car. I also strongly feel that sound deadening is not up to the mark in our City as road noise and other sounds are clearly audible in the car. I have done this comparison in my friends Swift and my City and found that Swifts sound insulation is much much better.

So what is your take on this topic and how we can improve our cars sound deadening ability.
@ HaruH
I am seriously thinking about it. I am getting my new ICE, I shall share more about this soon. Please bear with me for some more time.

@ HaruH
I am seriously thinking about it. I am getting my new ICE, I shall share more about this soon. Please bear with me for some more time.
Nice, waiting for it, I agree with HaruH that noise is more if we dont have music on. But again I dont want to suppress 100% of outer noise which not good for longer drive which I normally do. Even 50% of noise suppression is good enough for me [:)]

Which ICE you considering?

Thread Starter #589

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
.. But again I dont want to suppress 100% of outer noise which not good .. Which ICE you considering?
You are right. We won’t be able hear or miss the horn sound of fellow drivers on road.
Regarding ICE , I have taken a risk. The unit is from CHINA, similar to OE AVN panel , but better than CASKA smart series configuration @ 60% cost. I hope, it would be good. I shall share with you all every truth after fitting & experimenting the same.

You are right. We won’t be able hear or miss the horn sound of fellow drivers on road.
Regarding ICE , I have taken a risk. The unit is from CHINA, similar to OE AVN panel , but better than CASKA smart series configuration @ 60% cost. I hope, it would be good. I shall share with you all every truth after fitting & experimenting the same.
Hmm thats great gamble, but again product from ali express are not bad. Recently bought chrome door handles, very good quality at 50% price.

Good part is, its just need to plug n play but how about sound quality? Also Chinese brand comes with Android OS I saw few on Ali Express, Even before pioneer I checked AliExpress for this but I was worried about lots of things like sound quality, A.S.S, Custom duty and many more.

It would be great to see how it performs waiting for details :)

Thread Starter #592

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@kuwaronline

Yes, I too thought of all those factors. It is definitely not wise / worth to order to our Indian address, as we have to incur 30% custom duty in addition to cost & shipping. This one ordered for me by my daughter at Dubai, where no tax levied and she will bring to me. Again, I should be lucky as there should not be any tax at AirPort. Let me wait.

@sethumurugan

Please, let me know which link address you want? This ICU is car specific for ANHC (2009-12). If you are looking for the SPARK, I would request you to wait some more time to get one of the best universal Two DIN unit with Android OS , capacity LCD screen, 4.1 or more channel stereo and again as you know , it depends on your centre console.

@sethumurugan

Please, let me know which link address you want? This ICU is car specific for ANHC (2009-12). If you are looking for the SPARK, I would request you to wait some more time to get one of the best universal Two DIN unit with Android OS , capacity LCD screen, 4.1 or more channel stereo and again as you know , it depends on your centre console.
Wow. That's really tempting. Thanks a lot sir.

Very sad you gave me a twist in last sentence. Yes you are right. All depends upon the center console.

Hi Dr.Mudhan, I've just joined here even though i'm a frequent visitor anonymously and read your thread numerous times. Pl accept my greetings for your wonderful thread. it is definitely not an understatement that your thread is the foremost reason i'm gravitating towards ANHC over the current new one, the second being 'economy'.[;)] you are really inspiring sir. will keep following you.regards.

Got the foam pads today which I ordered on 26th May on Aliexpress. 12pcs set x 2 for Rs. 230 approx. Shipment was very fast compared to ebay purchases.

Quality is very good, just not thick enough but good for waxing and light polishing. I even gave some for my mother for dish washing. :tongue:

Thanks to Dr MUDHAN for recommending such a VFM product. Car Diag Scanner is also on way.

Attachments

Last edited:
Got the foam pads today which I ordered on 26th May on Aliexpress. 12pcs set x 2 for Rs. 230 approx. Shipment was very fast compared to ebay purchases.

Quality is very good, just not thick enough but good for waxing and light polishing. I even gave some for my mother for dish washing. :tongue:

Thanks to Dr MUDHAN for recommending such a VFM product. Car Diag Scanner is also on way.
Bro, what is the use of this product?

ramu

Hi Dr.Mudhan. my first ride is going to be a used Honda City Facelift Edition 7/2012 SMT Urban Titanium with less milage on (dash!)board [17k]. plan to take delivery by July First week as i am Out of Station now.[:D]...Your White Book on ANHC was an inspiration.Thanks.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #599

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hi Dr.Mudhan, I've just joined here even though i'm a frequent visitor anonymously and read your thread numerous times. Pl accept my greetings for your wonderful thread. it is definitely not an understatement that your thread is the foremost reason i'm gravitating towards ANHC over the current new one, the second being 'economy'.[;)] you are really inspiring sir. will keep following you.regards.
Dear SUNREX

Congrats! [clap]

We meet you here with an endearing heart.

I am really delighted to understand that I am your inspiration to choose an ANHC.

I would say it’s a wise and wonderful decision to go for the ANHC (3RD GEN face lifted) as many of the earlier issues were addressed including GC in this version ( if you go for a pre-owned one).

You will enjoy the emotional sensation that would make you to feel as a different segment in the society when you get into, drive & own this car.

All the very best to you! Have a pleasant & great time with your Titanium beauty!

Warm regards
Dr MUDHAN

PS. I am little busy nowadays, I have something more, shall share soon.

Last edited:
car maintenace - 2012 honda city - ivtec

hello,
i got a honda city 2012 model - ivtech..i dont use it much given the nature of my job that requires travel abroad very frequently..6months in a yr.
each time when i take it to honda dealer for a 6month checkup. i end up paying for necessary items when all that is required is to change engine oil and air filter -
if i had to get the oil and air filter done outside of a honda shop..what kind of a oil do i need and is it safe to get it done that way..

Top Bottom