My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@ CRACING

I have seen this 'The Logo Light Ghost Shadow Door' earlier. The new one comes with Cree tech LED bulbs with sharp images. The wire comes out at the lower end gap of door pad or may be necessary to create a small hole to bring out the wire.
I see. It looked cool but those self-adhesive based products won't stay well for long time I believe unless original 3M self-adhesive is used. Drill type is good but I'm not so keen on it.

Your DIY wiring is excellent. But getting / creating the correct connector requires some patient & thinking. I don’t think that it would be easy to get aftermarket OE type connectors in India.
Yeah thats right. Those are for DIY guys. [;)]

Regarding Dome light, look at this post ( PAGE 11- 24th December 2013, 03:21 PM ) , I am totally satisfied and no more modification is needed.
Oh you have found it already. I read somewhere that you where looking for but may it was a old post.

Anyways, you have used 48 x 5050 SMDs, wouldn't it be too bright?

I bought 2 pcs of 18 x 5630 panel based SMD LED yesterday. one for boot and one for interior, lets see how it helps.

Thanks...
Best Regards

hello Hariharan
what precautionary measures did u take to prevent water seepage from the drilled holes.
Concept car provided me with some rubber packing to be used with the securing bolts. I am not very sure if its sufficient to prevent leakage. Are you facing any issues with water leakage inside trunk and any sign of rust/paint peeling off.
Kindly advise.
Hello Shekhar,
Actually we should not buy this type of spoiler where it's required drilling. This I felt once I seen the procedure when they fix this spoiler, which has to be done very careful otherwise as you said water leakage and also shaking will be seen.

Please take it to we'll experienced accessory fitting men.

To prevent water leakage :-
Cover with 3m double side tape the entire rectangle area where bolts hole given. This has to be done on both ends. Next just cut 3m tape only on bolt holes to make visible.
This prevents water flow inside from drilled hole.

Mine almost 4 months gone I don't see any issues [roll]

Regards, Hari

bhvm

Honoured Member
sir,

fantastic write up about honda city. it just reflects your passion towards the car.

i would say if harrison text book is the bible in medicine, this write up of yours is a bible for all honda city owners. its amazing how many people seem to be visiting your page.

you will be surprised that there is quite a bit of fan following among non-members (of TAI) too.

some of my friends were asking me when will the official review of the recently launched version of honda city be coming out (obviously penned by dr. mudhan).

just fantastic sir. keep up the fantastic work[:)]

Thread Starter #324

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

Dr MUDHAN : “Regarding Dome light, look at this post ( PAGE 11- 24th December 2013, 03:21 PM ) , I am totally satisfied and no more modification is needed.”

CRACING : Oh you have found it already. I read somewhere that you were looking for but may be it was an old post.
Anyways, you have used 48 x 5050 SMDs, wouldn't it be too bright?
Check these snap shots taken at Chennai, around 6.30 pm. Soon I will upload at night!

DOME LIGHT 1.jpg

DOME LIGHT 2.jpg

Thread Starter #325

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hello sir!
Your Thread is very informative and I'm Impressed by the time you invest and finesse of your posts. I just read your thread like a book![clap]
May I invite you to some of the new discussions going on … Also have a look at my LED DRLs here and Comment on them …
Thanks bhvm for two things. First your visit, follow up with my thread & for your heartfelt appreciation.

I had gone through your fantastic DIYs, really, even before ! It needs a lot of understanding about this emerging technology and you discuss & clarify in-depth. [clap]

I wonder, why other than Chinese no other coming out to do more research over this promising technology?

Your home made head light DRLs are quite interesting. It needs patient and perfection. Now a days I see many such special bulb strip in aliexpress and they have dual function as in high end cars. White Day light and amber indicators as well.

It is my feeling that while choosing such LEDs , we should go with the one which is not two flashy and an eye irritant. I am not keen in doing these for my head lights but I am going for something unique with these LEDs and soon you will read some postings of mine.

Thanks again. I will keep visiting your thread/postings.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thread Starter #326

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
sir, Fantastic write up about honda city. It just reflects your passion towards the car. I would say if Harrison text book is the bible in medicine, this write up of yours is a bible for all Honda city owners. It’s amazing how many people seem to be visiting your page. You will be surprised that there is quite a bit of fan following among non-members (of TAI) too. Some of my friends were asking me when the official review of the recently launched version of Honda city will be coming out (obviously penned by dr. mudhan). Just fantastic sir. Keep up the fantastic work [:)]

Dear Dr.kcpatro (obelixknownothinx)

There is a feeling that doctors will never come out of their circle and they are not keen in knowing anything other than medicine. Of course, one way it is true for the one who does the job 24x7. Today, the life style is different and they need a break and can’t compromise everything, then they will never have the charm of human life. At least, my role is different now and I get week ends. People like you, being a nephrologist, sparing time for things other than medicine is great and that shows your passion that life means more … I know, it is not that easy and you know how to manage life & time.

Thanks, Doctor. I am really surprised to note your comments that there are more followers keen in visiting my thread.

Your words are giving me an ‘Anabolic effect’ … of course in the right sense [lol]

God Bless You.

With Warm Regards
Dr.MUDHAN

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #327

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXXIII:

MY ALBUS GETS FLASH STROBE THIRD BRAKE LIGHT!

I was very much inspired by this advertisement for ANHC 2014 – Be Your Best!

2014 All New Honda City Official Video Thailand - YouTube

Many new features are excellent in ANHC 2014 and one thing I felt that I can also have it. Flash strobe breaking lights which you can see almost in the middle of this video.

It attracts attention and adds safety.

My search began.

Ebay.com has the Flash strobe control unit @ the cheapest price ie. $ 3.31 per unit. But it requires a complete wire cut as to be pass through which I do not want to do it. Incidentally I have come across in Aliexpress an Innovative LED third brake light provides a stylish custom look and superior visibility – I have ordered.

Flash Strobe Controller Flasher Module for LED Brake Stop Light Lamp LS4G | eBay

Car Red Lens LED Rear Bumper Reflectors Light Lamp 29 Led Brake Tail Parking Warning Light For 2012 UP HONDA CITY-in Brake Lights from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Received. It is a Direct-fit, gets exactly into the reflector slot of rear bumpers. The quality is good and I won’t say great. The visible lens part is very good but back casing is of plastic, though they claim ABS. The LEDs are excellent, works well in both parking and break mode. The Flash strobe control unit is rooted through its wire and in turn the LED third brake light was connected to rear Tail (parking and brake lights) assembly connection line by carefully slicing their wires!

This ‘Brake Attention Flasher Module for LED Brake Lights / Rapid Flash Then Steady On function, works beautifully.

I really love the way it works. It flashes fast for about 3 seconds (6 flashes) then flashes slow for about 3 seconds (3 flashes) then it stays on steady until you release the brake. The cycle starts again immediately if you hit the brake again. Very easy installation....I understand that it not only works for LED, but also for normal filament bulbs of max 15 W output. But better not to overload the output as ours is 21W by direct connection.

ORIGIONAL REFLECTOR
1.jpg

AFTER MARKET​
2.jpg

3.jpg

Clip_5.jpg

Clip_2.jpg

Foot note:

1. As our (updated) forum website is at present not compatible with active gif images, I am unable to give you the thrill of seeing break light flashing active picture. I shall take a video clip and upload to YouTube soon. Please bear with me, OK?

2. I will not recommend those bulbs which has in built flash strobe chip (Pre-flickering LED brake lamp/light/bulb W21/5W T20 ) for two reasons- one the illumination is not equal to stock one and next, they are very expensive.

Pre flickering/preflickering LED brake lamp/light/bulb W21/5W T20 for Odyssey,CRV,Civic,Accord,Fit,City,Crosstour,SPIRIOR...-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

oh doc every update in your thread is cargasmic!!
I have replaced all my T10 bulbs with led counterparts. Ebay india website did not have T20 ones .But after a few days I realized they would be available on aliexpress! Now will replace them too :)
BTW I have noticed that the angle of our windshield is very bad when we consider Indian conditions where the sun is exactly overhead, now padmni premier did a good job by putting its windshield at some 75-80% incline.The overhead sun directly heats up the dash and we can hardly feel the effect of ac. Of-course we have our own honorable stupid supreme court which says sun film does not effect the interior temperature of the car.
As of now I am using 3 stick-on blinds that are available at the signals. I have noticed lot of improvement.We just have to cover the top 20% of the windshield and bam the driver and passenger seat become shady .Instrument cluster stops giving a glare and the ac works like a charm again. As this is a temporary jugaad and we need some permanent solution to this problem I kindly request you to manifest some amazing idea as you always do :) Until then I feel the vinyl carbon fiber strip might be of some help.

Mod looks fabulous doctor. I was thinking of the same but not getting perfect elevation and you have done it. L'll surely done this in coming days. [:)]

As you mentioned you sliced wires and regarding that i have question in mind. Does it'll not affect your warranty? If there is no wire cutting then I am really interested for this mod. Kindly guide me on that.

And we all are eagerly waiting for the video of the same.

Excellent research @Dr MUDHAN.

Unfortunately mine is 2009 model and it hasn't got Rear Bumper Reflectors/brake lights below. I really miss that rear bumper design of 2012 model. :(

But I will try to find others ways to install Flash strobe breaking lights.

btw; Two flasher modules are needed for two leds (left & right) or only one can be used (Parallelly connected)?

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom