My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@nvrmndryo Looking beautiful!

Now that you have changed the color from metallic to white, did you updated the database in RTO?

Please share interior pictures. I wanna see the paint finishing near hinges of doors, hood and trunk.

@nvrmndryo Looking beautiful!

Now that you have changed the color from metallic to white, did you updated the database in RTO?

Please share interior pictures. I wanna see the paint finishing near hinges of doors, hood and trunk.
I am going to update it to RTO soon.
I haven't changed my interiors yet (seat covers, Matts etc).
Will share pics near doors, hood n trunk on this weekend.

Hi

Thanks everyone (especially Dr Mudhan & Cracing) for making this thread a Bible for city owners.

I justbought a pre-owned (or rather pre-workshipped) white Honda City V AT (2012 March model) with 54,000 km on ODO. I've driven only some 500 kms till now. Extremely happy to join the City club.

I have done so many modifications within this 1 month. Will post photos once I get home (now out of station)

By the way, the previous owner had lost this car's user manual & I couldn't find any online even after an extensive search. Can someone help to find a soft copy of the user manual for this particular generation of city ?

Thanks

Hello @Drbeat

Congratulations on purchasing Honda City and welcome to Honda family. [clap]

I have PDF user manual (Translated from Portuguese to English) for Honda City 3rd gen. Will send you download link via PM in few mins.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Is this the eagle 3d floor Mat you guys have bought for the city? Isn't this a little dark beige color when compared to the overall interior?
Hello,

It has no Eagle badge on the mat and design looks different then mine. I have Eagle 3d floor mats which I'm using since 4 years. Here you can find my review.

If you wanna buy Eagle 3d floor mats then only get it from Eagle Automobiles, any other sellers may not send you original or correct mats. Here is the link to Paytm listing for Eagle 3d floor mats for 3rd gen Honda City.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Nice to see this thread after ages.I too own a City but 4th gen and diesel one bought used 2 years ago.Till now,the car has run 80,000 Kms and in that 80,000 Kms,we did 45000 Kms and bought the car when it had run 35000 Kms in 3 years.Bought this car for ₹8L and the advantages of city are mileage and comfort and reliable Honda service.

Meanwhile,my cousin,who had 3rd gen brown coloured City SMT 2012-13 version,had upgraded to 2019 City V CVT in lunar silver colour and bought the same in Aug 2019 by exchanging his old one for nearly ₹4L and it has run nearly 1,00,000 Kms in almost 7 years from Green Honda,where I get my City Diesel serviced.Then asked my cousin,why did you buy City again when you have other options like Vento,Rapid,Verna,Creta,Seltos and MG Hector.He replied,Creta is one bakwaas vehicle and I didn’t find value in it while he felt Verna too low in seating compared to his city and he was neither interested in Vento or Rapid and felt Seltos and Hector too overpriced as his budget was ₹15L.What favoured him in buying another City was rear seat comfort and claimed mileage of CVT is more than manual.But,he found out that his old Honda City was much better than his present 2019 City.

But,this is used by his BIL as my cousin stays in a town,which is 180 Kms away from Hyderabad due to job reasons and btw,he is a doctor too and he uses an i10 as his daily ride.He used to use his old City on highways and used to stay with him when he used to stay in Kakinada,Vizag due to job reasons and when he came back to Hyd,he gave away his city to his BIL and started using i10 as his daily ride.His old city had met with many accidents and due to that,he exchanged his old one for new 2019 City.

My city had its 55,000 km service done today. Total bill was Rs 6300. Apart from the regular service, the automatic transmission oil was changed (RS 1300).

The AUTO function of the driver side power window was not working. They diagnosed it as the power window switch problem. If we go for a replacement, it can cost around 6000. So, not done for the time being. Otherwise all is well

The AUTO function of the driver side power window was not working. They diagnosed it as the power window switch problem. If we go for a replacement, it can cost around 6000. So, not done for the time being. Otherwise all is well
Replicate master power window switch starts from 20 USD on aliexpress (Such as this one) and via china registered post, the item will take about 1-2 months to deliver. Original master power window switch cost 4k on boodmo (5% discount will be offered on weekends) and you'll get it in 1-2 weeks. Switch can be replaced in home if you know how to remove door panel otherwise you'll have to visit ASC or FNG.

Long ago I also had issues with AUTO function and other switches. My car was still under warranty but ASC was unable to get replacement part in time so I got OEM part from ebay india for just rupees 2k and replaced it myself in home. [:)]

Thread Starter #1,858

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
ALBUS 2.jpg

Good Day Friends!
May be you are surprised to hear me back… yes I could not make it due to some personal reasons. I am thankful to all my forum friends who were interacting and could make this thread active; especially TAI team and my dear CRACING for making it alive.
Whenever I give something to my ALBUS, I always wanted to share with you, as you may like it.
Some new things I have added to my ALBUS to make it stand unique amidst Honda city new generations.
I have DETAILED the car recently, added white front grill Sporty Splitter , Limited Edition Logo, and especially AUDI type sequential turning signal DRLs.
I will share one by one.
Meanwhile if anyone is interested and missed earlier this one:
WHEEL CENTER HONDA HUB CAP
Clip.jpg

Its available never before price @ just Rs. 140 for 4 numbers.
US $1.89 51% OFF|Car Styling metal 4pcs 3D Car Tyre Steering Wheel Center Hub Cap Sticker For Honda Accord Civic CRV Fit HR V Vezel Odyssey City on AliExpress
Don’t miss the black Friday discounted sales.

Please read the older threads here:
My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,860

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
ALBUS GETS SPORTY FRONT GRILL SPLITTER
Inspired by HONDA CITY 2020 front SPORTY SPLITTER, ALBUS received an add on over the front grill.
A1.jpg

To décor the ALBUS front grill, I have cut this PVC tape to desired length, removed the original adhesive by NC paint thinner, added 3M 1.2 mm tape, left overnight bonding. Cleaned the car grill surface, warmed the area by air dryer and pasted.
A3.jpg

People started looking whether the ALBUS is the new model. Ha Ha!

A2.jpg

This neat PVC tape is of good quality though meant for household issues, can be used as Bumper Guard or anywhere on the vehicle to protect the surface or hide scratches as we like. Only four colors are available – White, Grey, Yellow, Dark Brown. Can be cut to desired length, but better not to depend on the original adhesive.
US $0.83 33% OFF|Waterproof Anti Moisture Bathroom Cabinet Stove Sticker Self Adhesive PVC Wall Mosaic-in Wall Stickers from Home & Garden on AliExpress

Top Bottom