My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello,

After the discussion with Jijomthw & Doctor sir, finally ordered Android DVD from aliexpress. Bought from same seller of Jijomthw.
I am really thankful to Jijomthw for his patient answers of my all questions.

Currently I am out of town so yet to install the set in Car. Probably will do the installation on this weekend.
After installation & use will put review for same...
Hello,

Today installation done for the ICE. I must say its of very good quality for the price which paid. [clap]

Seller is very good. he forgot to Put camera, OBD device & Manual in package. I report him about this immediately he ships out those missing items.

Its working very smoothly clarity is good & touch is also very responsive.
Till now only issue notice that when we switch on the navigation & if press any button for navigation option then music gets pause fr fraction of seconds. It seems that map application is heavy with other apps.

Installation done at my local car electric guy. He took 1k for installation but does very good work.

I have also put front DVR cam. Quality & resolution is very good, only it needs to start records after every switch off cycle. [roll] Some solution needs to find on this.

Bluetooth interface & quality of voice is also very good & clear. FM reception quality improves lot after installation. Sound quality is also improved.

Rear camera placement is not good, which needs to be corrected. I'll do it in while with guideline help of doctor sir.

For rest let pictures talk....

Installation in progress...
IMG_5539.JPG

IMG_5540.JPG
[surprise]

All Done.. Tantann..
IMG_5542.JPG

DVR Cam..
IMG_5544.JPG

DVR Video on Screen..
IMG_5546.JPG

Songs Playing..

IMG_5545.JPG

Rear Cam..
IMG_5549.JPG
Corrections to be done..

I am really Thankful to Jijomthw & Doctor sir for kind help and words..

Thread Starter #1,518

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
About ARMREST,

thanks to all my friends & @ VISHNUCARCRAZY , Jijomthw, kuwaronline who liked the design. I post some more pictures as you wanted.

Please note, I have not put any lock between lid and the bottom storage, I will put some thin magnet between them to secure them perfectly, if needed.

@ HaruH

That’s an awesome set, best value for money. I know how much you would be proud to sit in your car now![clap]

Rear camera placement is not good, which needs to be corrected. I'll do it in while with guideline help of doctor sir.
After fixing the camera in center (below the number plate/ dickey handle chrome frame), please loosen & rotate the camera from the clamp holding it in the body and adjust the angle perfectly, tighten it by rotating the bottom part. That’s it.

Ask somebody to do it while you view inside; ensure to close the dickey while doing it. In night, you can also view from rear windshield during adjustment.

BTB, what you have done for the wiper blade. I missed to tell you, please also check up the surface of your windshield exterior. Make it clean and prefect by claying it with a soft clay, with proper WS cleaner..

SOME MORE PICTURES OF MY HOME MADE ARMREST :

CAR ARM REST 4.jpg

CAR ARM REST 2.jpg

CAR ARM REST 3.jpg

CAR ARM REST 1.jpg

Thread Starter #1,519

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: XCVI

MY ALBUS: NEW AVATAR

HOND JDM EMBLEM.jpg

HOND JDM EMBLEM2.jpg

It took more and more visualization, some times even disturbed sleep ( [confused] ) before subjecting my ALBUS into a new avatar with JDM Red Emblem!

Decided wrapping the front grill with black matte vinyl finish, understood from 3M that they need the car for 6 hours for their workmanship @ Rs.2000/-

But, they clearly told that they will not remove the original emblem as their policy does not permit any removal and refitting and they just wrap externally everything.

I just tried with the person who did for SUNREX 4TH Gen ANHC , he agreed to come and remove the grill at the spot and hand over the OE emblem and wrap the chrome area @ Rs.800/-

But he took the grill to their workshop after removing the OE emblem and returned / refitted next day the grill wrapped. But I was disappointed as he could not do with single sheet of vinyl ; he used bits to cover the emblem area , as I expected the very next day it got opened and made my ALBUS look cheap.

I felt and regretted for my activity, and yesterday, being a holiday I completely removed the grill by removing the 4+ 5 plastic fastener clips with the help of my college electrician, detached the chrome part from black ABS black grill base as it looked dirty.

Removed the black wrap, polished the chrome, washed/ brushed to clean the black grill base. Felt very bad to note the scratches/ knife marks over my chrome grill by the person who wrapped it before.

Now, nothing I can do for a costly mistake, tried to make it shine maximum with the help of my wonder liquid AMWAY SG.

I just received my new set of JDM Red Emblems; the front (123 x 99mm ) got placed nicely with the pegs and refitted the grill, my ALBUS smiled at me![:D]

Rear JDM Red Emblem, though not the bigger size (95 x 77mm) I ordered but to my surprise had a curved base, sized same (92x75mm) as OE logo, after removing the pegs got placed nicely at the back after cleaning the area (By isopropyl alcohol) , drawing the position with marker pen ( removed later by AMWAY SG) to ensure correctly placed.

Steering one just pasted over simply.

Hope, you will love my ALBUS’s new avatar, which may look simple but still elegant.

Thank you, all.

HOND JDM EMBLEM3.jpg
HOND JDM EMBLEM4.jpg
HOND JDM EMBLEM 5.jpg

PART: XCVI

MY ALBUS: NEW AVATAR

It took more and more visualization, some times even disturbed sleep ( [confused] ) before subjecting my ALBUS into a new avatar with JDM Red Emblem!

Decided wrapping the front grill with black matte vinyl finish, understood from 3M that they need the car for 6 hours for their workmanship @ Rs.2000/-

But, they clearly told that they will not remove the original emblem as their policy does not permit any removal and refitting and they just wrap externally everything.

I just tried with the person who did for SUNREX 4TH Gen ANHC , he agreed to come and remove the grill at the spot and hand over the OE emblem and wrap the chrome area @ Rs.800/-

But he took the grill to their workshop after removing the OE emblem and returned / refitted next day the grill wrapped. But I was disappointed as he could not do with single sheet of vinyl ; he used bits to cover the emblem area , as I expected the very next day it got opened and made my ALBUS look cheap.

I felt and regretted for my activity, and yesterday, being a holiday I completely removed the grill by removing the 4+ 5 plastic fastener clips with the help of my college electrician, detached the chrome part from black ABS black grill base as it looked dirty.

Removed the black wrap, polished the chrome, washed/ brushed to clean the black grill base. Felt very bad to note the scratches/ knife marks over my chrome grill by the person who wrapped it before.

Now, nothing I can do for a costly mistake, tried to make it shine maximum with the help of my wonder liquid AMWAY SG.

I just received my new set of JDM Red Emblems; the front (123 x 99mm ) got placed nicely with the pegs and refitted the grill, my ALBUS smiled at me![:D]

Rear JDM Red Emblem, though not the bigger size (95 x 77mm) I ordered but to my surprise had a curved base, sized same (92x75mm) as OE logo, after removing the pegs got placed nicely at the back after cleaning the area (By isopropyl alcohol) , drawing the position with marker pen ( removed later by AMWAY SG) to ensure correctly placed.

Steering one just pasted over simply.

Hope, you will love my ALBUS’s new avatar, which may look simple but still elegant.

Thank you, all.

Nice make over Doc [:)]. How about painting the grille in glossy black, just like I did to my car ??
Note : For me chrome overdose is ugly. I do have a friend who told he loves cars with more chrome. But 'Likes' are completely personal, so this is just a suggestion which you could 'implement' or 'throw away' based on your 'likes'

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,521

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: XCVII

SEAT COVERS: CHOOSE A STUNNING DESIGN​

When we buy a car, the first thing we do is going for a seat cover. Many time the choice is limited if you depend on the show room pieces.

Seat covers don’t just offer you comfort, they protect seats against fading, wear, dust, dirt and sweat. Seat covers are offered in fabric, synthetic and leather.

Enough discussed about the choice of material here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-33.html#post384450
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...guide-car-detailing-basics-16.html#post501232

If you are for aftermarket, the process of buying new car seat covers can be a daunting one especially for those who wants a better design, to choose from a large palette of designs, colors, and patterns.

The design should improve the look and feel of the car.

Therefore I give herewith some of the best Beige/ Black combination which will give a unique look to our cars.

This just a guide may be useful to you when you look for your Honda!

honda seat cover 1.jpg

honda seat cover 2.jpg

honda seat cover 3.jpg

honda seat cover 4.jpg

honda seat cover 5.jpg

honda seat cover 6.jpg

Hello Friends,

I have a good news. My tires are now registered and I have received digital warranty number via SMS today.

To do this, first I have contacted Michelin India on Facebook. Told that I have bought 4 new tires and local dealer is unable to register my tires. They took my contact details and after a week I got call from Michelin customer care and they said my request is forwarded to dealer. I had doubt that it would endup to local store but instead Tyre Park located in Bangalore called me to collect info for registration. He said registration would happen by evening and I'ed receive SMS but it didn't happen. Called the same guy after few days and he gave me reasons like server is done, he is out of station and would register my tires next day. Still didn't happen so I had to call him again today and he made a conference call to someone else (May be the one in-charge to register the tires). Collected the details and successfully registered my tires.

Don't know why things get complicated with me everytime but atleast endup with happiness. [:D]

As of tires, they are running very well and I'm enjoying the best without any issues.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
@ HaruH

That’s an awesome set, best value for money. I know how much you would be proud to sit in your car now![clap]

After fixing the camera in center (below the number plate/ dickey handle chrome frame), please loosen & rotate the camera from the clamp holding it in the body and adjust the angle perfectly, tighten it by rotating the bottom part. That’s it.

Ask somebody to do it while you view inside; ensure to close the dickey while doing it. In night, you can also view from rear windshield during adjustment.

BTB, what you have done for the wiper blade. I missed to tell you, please also check up the surface of your windshield exterior. Make it clean and prefect by claying it with a soft clay, with proper WS cleaner..
[/CENTER]

Hello,
Thank you so much doctor for your tips. [clap] Currently I fixed the camera between Number plate and chrome garnish. It holds perfectly and angle also good. Soon will fix by 3M double sided tape or will get the Number Plate light cam.

For wipers I have dropped the message to seller but didn't got any respond so tried few things. Washed windscreen thoroughly then clean water put on it to check the noise and it works. No noise and vibration in the blade. The sweep is clean & perfect. [clap]
Then on different test I found that it's only judder when i sprayed water from Jets. Once washer liquid gets clean from glass juddering also going away. This time i have put Toyota's washer liquid which seems to be not good. Earlier was using Maruti's. Now its almost half so i'll let it empty then will put some branded one...

One more Shipment received from Aliexpress. This was ordered around 2 months back. Also a result of your thoughts. I'll let image speak..

IMG_5551.JPG

I am very happy with this Licence plate lamp. Looks very premium and clean.

Package of Bulbs..
IMG_5538.JPG

Regarding your grill modification, I feel very sorry to know that you have to undo the modification. But IMO the black grill with Red emblems looks classy. I would suggest you to do it from any good outlet who are expert into this..

Earlier i was also thinking to do that but considering Dark colour I don't think it'll go with car perfectly.

@HaruH

For me, chrome grill looks better for your car and also for all dark colours.

The red emblem is looking bright but in reality it should look slightly dark red. Just like Doctor's Albus.

Thread Starter #1,526

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@HaruH

I visualized all possible combinations - on OE chrome, black matte finish, black glossy finish, and even on white body color grill … with Red or Black JDM CIVIC type emblem.

For a white car like ALBUS, I wanted the grill in black. Though I tried matte black, but practically it made to look the car dull in a dusty environment.

My conscious told, I should have tried with glossy type, preferably a reversible paint if possible.

I agree with CRACING, chrome will look rich in dark colored cars like yours and the Honda JDM red is not really red. It is Cherry/Crimson Red. The JDM red color is not hot but surprisingly cool.

The JDM Emblem will look little smaller and better on the grill as against OE 3D black emblem which is difficult to maintain as lot of dust get accumulated in the depth/grooves.

Also, please note the ALBUS photo in (PART: XCVI MY ALBUS: NEW AVATAR) was taken by SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 in HDR mode and no post editing done.

tumblr_newh7gcb641shf4xjo7_1280.jpg

Last edited:
@HaruH

I visualized all possible combinations - on OE chrome, black matte finish, black glossy finish, and even on white body color grill … with Red or Black JDM CIVIC type emblem.

For a white car like ALBUS, I wanted the grill in black. Though I tried matte black, but practically it made to look the car dull in a dusty environment.

My conscious told, I should have tried with glossy type, preferably a reversible paint if possible.

I agree with CRACING, chrome will look rich in dark colored like yours and the Honda JDM red is not really red. It is Cherry/Crimson Red. The JDM red color is not hot but surprisingly cool.

The JDM Emblem will look little smaller and better on the grill as against OE 3D black emblem which is difficult to maintain as lot of dust get accumulated in the depth/grooves.

Hello,

Thanks a lot CRACING & Doctor for your kind words & suggestions. I personally also feel that OE chrome grill look much better then black one on dark colours. I'll surely think to get JMD type emblem for the car.

Meanwhile i have adjust the camera position & now its almost perfect. I'll upload the video for that soon. [:)]

As of now Sample video of DVR system on the car. It works like charm. Recording is very good has auto start & loop mode. Also shows the Speed, time & coordinates places if watch on car system. [clap]

Video of DVR recording..
https://youtu.be/ewRjXUf6jIk

Thread Starter #1,528

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: XCVIII (98)

MY ALBUS: DASH CLOCK

Car Clock 1.jpg
Car Clock .jpg

Keeping track of time has been an important task for everyone who is on wheels.

A good car clock adds elegance to a car interior.

Car Clocks also underwent transformation from hand crafted dash one to the modern LCD clocks. Somehow modern LCD clocks often need time correction. Analogue & LCD clocks come in both backlit and normal types. Backlit clocks need wiring or to connect with OE wiring if available.

I was really mesmerized when I came across some of the finest dedicated analogue dash clocks in Mercedes Benz, Lexus cars and in some very special cars.

Yes, Luxury car manufacturers offer analog clocks in the digital era, like IWC, Breitling clocks …They look exquisite. Honda does not have analogue or dedicated clocks but digital clock integrated with stereo in the LCD screen.

Actually I had earlier the Orange lit Clock in the OE Head Unit and then in my multiple displays meter (Battery Volt/Temp/Clock, in cyclic rotation) & resting with my Chinese HU ( WIN CE OS ) which failed to keep India time.

I preferred analogue display this time, and I wanted a classic square / rectangular type but could not get. I avoided backlit due to expected damages (drilling) during fitting, though I liked such one. ANHC dash design never permitted me too!

I felt a simple digital clock like the old TATA INDICA white display on the center of the dash board, just below the God idol will look nice even for passenger in the rear seat.

Many clocks I could make it out of table gadgets. But, I stuck with confusion in placing on my ALBUS dash board. I even purchased a CD slot phone holder from Aliexpress to have it on my HU.

Temporarily I tried many locations ….still exploring!

Car Clock 2.jpg

Car Clock 3.jpg

Car Clock 4.jpg

MORE DESIGNS IN MARKET​

Car Clock 5.jpg

Car Clock 6.jpg

Thread Starter #1,529

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
DAZZLING CAR DASHBOARD CLOCKS

Car Clock 1.jpg

I was awestruck to know that one could buy a house for the price of the world's most expensive SUV's optional clock like the Bentley Bentayga's Breitling Dashboard Clock.
@ $167,000 will allow you to buy the optional Breitling clock in the dashboard of a Bentley Bentayga crossover SUV. That's on top of the $229,000 base price of the Bentayga, which is already the world's most expensive SUV.

This is no ordinary ticking dashboard gadget. The Mulliner Tourbillon by Breitling uses tourbillion, the most complex mechanical watch movement in the world, and is machined in solid gold.

Here is a compilation of some of the beautiful collection of analog ones:​

Car Clock 2.jpg

Car Clock 3.jpg

Car Clock 4.jpg

Car Clock 5.jpg

Car Clock 6.jpg

Car Clock 7.jpg

Car Clock 8.jpg

Car Clock 9.jpg

Car Clock 10.jpg

Top Bottom