My New Honda Brio SMT (O)

Update about the mileage
=====================
Day before yesterday did a tankfull and calculated the mileage based on the kms run.
Mileage showed as 15.6. (AC around 60% of time, travel during morning less traffic and evening heavy traffic)
The previous numbers mentioned was as shown by mileage metre. This is the first time calculated as per tankfull
That's a decent mileage,and how is the overall performance otherwise.

I find cooling of Manual AC of my Jetta far better then Climatronic AC which i have experienced in my brothers Skoda Superb.Cooling also depends on how much glass area the car has.In my opinion Manual AC is better.

Thread Starter #33
Anybody here purchased a Foot Air Pump for car for long journeys. i want to ask this in a new thread , but not getting the option to start a new thread.

Searching the ebay, found number of 12v electric pumps and manual foot pumps which one should we go for and which is more reliable,any particular brand ??

Last edited by a moderator:
John since you are from Bangalore city of hill ( read speed breakers [;)] ) how is the brios ground clearance ? Does it scrape ?

Thread Starter #37
It didn't scrap even once in city speedbreakers (tested max with 3 people).
Once in our office parking area, there was a non-exit where they build a huge speed breaker kind of thing to prevent water logging, tried a exit through there and it scrapped, but i think any other car would have scrapped there, else ok , the default tyre recommended by honda is 29/26psi(f/r) and I think that is comfortable but bit on lower side, once you upgrade it to 31/28psi, you see it on par with other hatchbacks ,again the GC is 165 which is same for many other hatchbacks including its closest rival i10. But again for i10 Hyandai recommends 32psi on all tyres which is higher

It didn't scrap even once in city speedbreakers (tested max with 3 people).
Once in our office parking area, there was a non-exit where they build a huge speed breaker kind of thing to prevent water logging, tried a exit through there and it scrapped, but i think any other car would have scrapped there, else ok , the default tyre recommended by honda is 29/26psi(f/r) and I think that is comfortable but bit on lower side, once you upgrade it to 31/28psi, you see it on par with other hatchbacks ,again the GC is 165 which is same for many other hatchbacks including its closest rival i10. But again for i10 Hyandai recommends 32psi on all tyres which is higher
That's fantastic it's maybe the aerodynamic desgin and specially the rear which gives the illusion that it has less ground clearance

John, why don't you buy a foot pump from the local market? That way you can test its efficacy on your Brio before plonking your money on it. It'd be cheaper too.

Hi

I am confused between brio and wagonar basis below 3 reasons. I am 5"10". I dont like wagonar because every one has it. Brio is not time tested yet so should I go with herd.

1. Wagonar is taller than brio. And seats are much higher in wagonar than brio.
2. Mileage and maintanence
3. In future if i convery BRIO to CNG, will it be succesful?

Hi Bro,
Me too from Bangalore . planning to buy Brio SMT(O) in december session to get offers.
Currently i was quote SMT(O) 6L(on road) + 1styr insurance free + 3&4th warranty free + 3K accessories free + Reverse parking sensor free. Please let me know, is it good deal to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Hi Bro,
Me too from Bangalore . planning to buy Brio SMT(O) in december session to get offers.
Currently i was quote SMT(O) 6L(on road) + 1styr insurance free + 3&4th warranty free + 3K accessories free + Reverse parking sensor free. Please let me know, is it good deal to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Looks little higher side. I got my SMT (not O) for 5.28 and Kunal (other member of this forum) got for 5.24. Do check thread titled: Query Regarding Honda Brio. Typically difference b/w SMT to SMT(o) is around 60K so the above offer looks bit higher side.

Thanks patil,
So 5.28+0.60 =5.88L or lesser will be good buy for SMT(O) Brio.
Thanks again. What freebies can be generally provided for honda SMT(O).

Thanks

Thanks patil,
So 5.28+0.60 =5.88L or lesser will be good buy for SMT(O) Brio.
Thanks again. What freebies can be generally provided for honda SMT(O).

Thanks
Ya 5.88L or lesser is good buy. BTW my insurance is Zero Dep. so if you are not going for Zero Dep then deduct 3K more from above figure. I got : RPS, Floor Mat, Car Cover, bumper protector, mad flaps, Door protectors, You can ask for : Seat Covers, Gear Lock.

Top Bottom