My New Honda Brio SMT (O)

Thread Starter #17
Oh my God. Sun films were the only thing they gave me free. now i have to get it removed as per supreme court order. nothing free stays in hand [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa .. BRIO looks quite sport in urban titanium shade : ) its such a dilemma in choosing between d colors for this car.
I suggest you get transparent body protectors for your car. Can go for a brand like Autografix. A set usually costs 900 bucks.

Funny incident
---------------
Couple of weeks back i took a drive to Nandi Hills with my wife. From the hill base we were driving up mostly in 2nd gear or 3rd gear.
Just before the top of the hil, we had a terrible hair pin bend, litterly blind and vertical and guess wat, the car just stopped at the blind turn and we were
just vertical with our heart-beat stopped. Car was slipping back slowly. Immediately i started my car, with legs on my break, released my clutch to half and stepped on my accelerator and the car
just zoomed like rocket towards the gate. A great relief.

Will post additional posts and pics soon
Hi John - I can tell you a simple trick to overcome these situations. You can practice in plain roads also, but this trick is largely used in steep inclines.

1. Put your Car in First Gear, Full Clutch Pressed, Full brakes pressed.
2. Slowly release your clutch, let the brakes remained pressed -- At one point of time you will notice, your car will start to vibrate.. The point where your car with start to vibrate, hold your clutch at that point.
3. Now slowly release the brakes and you will see the car will start to move.
4. If you need to stop, press the brake and clutch again, keeping the car in gear 1, when you need to move, perform the same trick as mentioned in 2 and 3...

Remember - this works best only in gear 1...

In this fashion you will be able to ascend in inclines using only clutch and brakes. its very useful, if you get stuck in a traffic jam while ascending on an inclined plane.

I hardly use handbrakes.

Your Brio looks lovely. One other question I have though. Do you feel the large rear screen is a concernt. I mean, I hope it is tough enough to withstand some insane bumping from behind?

Regards,
Suvo

Regards,
Suvo

Hey Suvo, the large rear french window-ish screen which adds to the exclusivity factor is quite tough and u'll barely know that ur car bears one whilst you drive. Gives you a great rear view.

Yea, I might add that a rear wiper was necessary ..the absence of which wil b highly understood come monsoon.

P.S; Thanks for sharing the incline trick. wil take some practise perfecting it for amateur drivers like me : )

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
Suvo
Yep the glass looks big, but tough .... and the other point is that the greater part comes below the parcel tray, so from my perspective the concern is same as any other hatch backs, except the ones which has bigger boot space like figo
As I mentioned before, Honda could have given a metal outer frame to that

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Suvo
Yep the glass looks big, but tough, and the other point is that the greater part comes below the parcel tray, so from my perspective the concern is same as any other hatch backs, except the ones which has bigger boot space like figo
As I mentioned before, Honda could have given a metal outer frame to that
i think something was unclear here. what i tried to say is that since glass hatch goes down till below the parcel tray, shouldn't be a concern for rear passengers. I mean the consequence of insane rear hit is same as any other hatchbacks, except for cars with big boot and sedan.

Your Brio looks lovely. One other question I have though. Do you feel the large rear screen is a concernt. I mean, I hope it is tough enough to withstand some insane bumping from behind?

Regards,
Suvo
Hi Suvo, the glass hatch is indeed very strong. As a matter of fact before I finalized my car, I hit the hatch door insanely hard quite a few times at the dealership and during the test drive. It really doesn't feel weak, adding to the great rear view.
Second, Honda promises 100% replacement of the glass hatch in case any thing happens to it.
Lastly, trust me this is the new look in, it gives the vehicle its unique sporty look. You will see many cars in the near feature coming up with similar designs... One of which is rolling out soon is VW UP!!

Thread Starter #25
>>> Second, Honda promises 100% replacement of the glass hatch in case any thing happens to it.

Sudeep, wow, i never knew this [:D]
Thanks for the information.

VW UP - Google Search

wow , it looks cool and close .... but they call it a 4-seater ... must be too small in dimensions compared to a polo [:)]
He he.. true, the European version is 2 door and hence a four seater, I guess the Indian version is gonna be 4 door... Its speculated to be in 4-5 L category, below Polo's price tag. Will just have to wait and watch. [;)]

Thread Starter #29
Update about the mileage
=====================
Day before yesterday did a tankfull and calculated the mileage based on the kms run.
Mileage showed as 15.6. (AC around 60% of time, travel during morning less traffic and evening heavy traffic)
The previous numbers mentioned was as shown by mileage metre. This is the first time calculated as per tankfull

Hi itsmejohnhcl,

please post more pictures of the Sweet looking Urban Titanium Brio.I havent seen a single car of this colour even in showrooms too.

Top Bottom