My New Gadget "The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V"

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

After a long (really long, 4.5 Months to be precise), finally I bought my new gadget "The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V".

Really Awesome phone (used it just around 12 hours till now and am impressed).

TAI is first place where i disclosed this news [cheers]

Congrats buddy, hows the battery backup? I know 12hrs is a short span to judge it bu tstill.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Akash :)
Battery seems ok as of now. have not installed any battery saving application and data services are disabled. i hope it will be good.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #5
Hi dodge_v1per;

I had been hunting for this phone from October 2011; had the opportunity of getting it at 16500/- somehere in nov ending-dec starting, but then came the news of ICS update and older devices may be incompatible so had to wait for some official announcement. but that waiting made the prices for this shoot up :(.
Frankly this is the first phone for which i noticed the prices going upward rather going downward.
Now came the waiting for prices to go down a bit (as latest devices were costing 18500, i was like [frustration] for not taking it in October itself).
This whole week I almost daily went to all Mobile markets in Chandigarh and found "Croma" to be a genuine dealer (being a TATA enterprise). Negotiated there a bit (its almost impossible to negotiate at such stores, but i managed 1k discount [cheers]).

So finally agreed to pay 17500/- for this with official ICS update planned next month (embossed on box as well [evil]).

So in all waiting raised the price but some satisfaction is there now. I know "wifey" will kill me when she hears the price!!

Thread Starter #8
^ why did you not try sulekha for mobile prices?
@Superbad: I dint want to buy it online, wanted to be sure that the packaging date is of this year (already mentioned that newer models are ICS compatible so dint want to save few bucks and get say an aug 2011 packed phone[cry])
@singh890: I got the Blue colored oneas white is prone to get dirty and loved this one better [thumbsup]

All Sony Ericsson Android phones that were released in 2011 would get ICS update, including every Neos sold. The price hike was because of increasing dollar prices, every model on the market was affected. Expect ICS around April/May.

Nevertheless, Neo is among the best selling single core Android at the moment. Got 2 of them with my cousins.

@Superbad: I dint want to buy it online, wanted to be sure that the packaging date is of this year (already mentioned that newer models are ICS compatible so dint want to save few bucks and get say an aug 2011 packed phone[cry])
@singh890: I got the Blue colored oneas white is prone to get dirty and loved this one better [thumbsup]
I had the Xperia X10 white. It used to look really cool in that color. But i only had it for 1 week and then i changed it with HTC HD 2

Thread Starter #11
@Crazy cat: Maybe you are right but i read somewhere in this forum itself that this may not be possible but anyways i am satisfied so no issues. But thats for providing the details :)
@singh890: Why, what happened? Why you had to change it?

Top Bottom