My New Ford Figo!

Hey thanks buddy, it's a VFM car interesting speaker setup u have there any suggestions as I need to get something in as well.
Recently I tried racing the car in 3rd gear ( went up to 90 KMPH in 3rd gear ) and literally smoked an i10 next to me ( he was racing too ). This was the first time I reached above 4500 rpm ( only for few secs ) and realized not so low power[:D]

As for the speakers - its difficult to suggest man. I would advise go according to your budget. There's no end to speaker/audio selection. Focal/Hertz/Infiniti are good brands for components ( yes you need them atleast on the front side ). First time I tried Cerwin Vega - and it sounded perfect to my ears- in short very satisfied. I was about to buy Diamond Audio speakers but skipped that due to huge price difference.

For subwoofer - I will ALWAYS suggest JL audio - but hard to get an original one , even if you get it not sure about the warranty stuffs. So you can go for Rockford,Hertz etc. Try to audition them - thats more important. I like tight bass and not boomy trunk rattling one. So you see it differs a lot from person to person. My Cerwin Vega 12 inch sub is just what I wanted. Clean-tight bass that never gets distorted. And yeah, no rattle ( may be good design by Ford [:)].

As far as HUs. I am still looking for a double din one. Then I will sell my stock HU and speakers. I would advise to go for double din which will cover the entire area. I never liked single din on a double din slot. It kills the factory look no matter how costly the single din receiver is. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Hey Bobazooka, late to greet you but congratz for you new FIGO.

FIGO was my first choice when buying new car. Only deal breaker for me was very low GC and no power windows for rear seats. else This is one of the most VFM car I can think of today.

Are you having any low GC or under body scrapping issue yet?

Congrats on your new purchase. I too own Figo DTCi 2011. Till now clocked around 18000 km. Had done a long drive from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar total of 3500km. Car was superb on the road.
Enjoy the ride with your new stallion and keep us updated.

Hey dude wat was the after sale price of your new Verna?

@ bobazooka.and if I am opting for a diesel Verna then too is it a bad option?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Snell-Dont worry about the car,the diesel engine is a gem and diesel sells like hot cakes and the resale value will be the best in its segment.

Thnx @silverjet but as bobazooka sold it I was much shocked but yeah may be petrol engine had a more hunger for fuel than the diesel one.waise personally I like the looks and will surely buy it because I have done the booking and no one in my relatives have car compared to Verna as most of my relatives have altos,indigo ecs,and innovas.and none can beat the Verna either in looks or performance if I am right.so surely go for Verna because now it's the status symbol as Honda city use to be[:D]

Thread Starter #38
@ bobazooka.and if I am opting for a diesel Verna then too is it a bad option?
Hi snell sorry for the delayed reply, the diesel engine is good but then in my view only the engine doesn't run a car there are other factors like build quality etc which I don't think the verna has it.

Just to update the guy who took the car from me has apparently sold it off as well so this explains a lot doesn't it.

Congrats on your new purchase. I too own Figo DTCi 2011. Till now clocked around 18000 km. Had done a long drive from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar total of 3500km. Car was superb on the road.
Enjoy the ride with your new stallion and keep us updated.
Hey amit thanks
, what's the mileage you get on the Figo is it less during the first 1000 Kim's or something?

Hey Bobazooka, late to greet you but congratz for you new FIGO.

FIGO was my first choice when buying new car. Only deal breaker for me was very low GC and no power windows for rear seats. else This is one of the most VFM car I can think of today.

Are you having any low GC or under body scrapping issue yet?
Thanks dude, I did also read about the low GC level on the Figo but surprisingly haven't faced any scrapping till now even with 6 people on :) looks like the 2012 models don't have it.

Hi snell sorry for the delayed reply, the diesel engine is good but then in my view only the engine doesn't run a car there are other factors like build quality etc which I don't think the verna has it.

Just to update the guy who took the car from me has apparently sold it off as well so this explains a lot doesn't it.
@bobazooka thanks for your reply. I hope the car is just stunning from the overall looks and dude as I want a little showoff in my college so Verna I think so is a better option but as far I have read yours and nick thread and everyone out here complains of the quality of bumper.i think that nothing is perfect but the most important thing for me is fe and I don't like asking my mom and dad everytime for the money to get fuel fillups.i dont know how u and nick used to manage such fuel fillups. Anyways congrats for figo.its much longer than other hatchbacks.and hope you try to keep her for much much and much longer time.[clap]

And yes @ bobazooka I wanted to ask that as this Verna is my first car and as I don't know how to drive properly as I had my first tutorial class of car on Ritz today.i am now able to drive the Ritz very slowly.so should you think that the black color is fine or i should opt for another color as their are maintainence issues and as you have owned a black one so you can tell it more correctly.
And the second question is that as i have just started to drive so would it be safe for me to bring back Verna from the showroom after a month in the city traffic?as nick told me that diesel engines behave in differently from the petrol ones and as i am learning it on the Ritz so would it be safe for me to drive her to home?[cry]

Thread Starter #41
And yes @ bobazooka I wanted to ask that as this Verna is my first car and as I don't know how to drive properly as I had my first tutorial class of car on Ritz today.i am now able to drive the Ritz very slowly.so should you think that the black color is fine or i should opt for another color as their are maintainence issues and as you have owned a black one so you can tell it more correctly.
And the second question is that as i have just started to drive so would it be safe for me to bring back Verna from the showroom after a month in the city traffic?as nick told me that diesel engines behave in differently from the petrol ones and as i am learning it on the Ritz so would it be safe for me to drive her to home?[cry]
Hey dude yep initially it took me a day or so to get the better of the Verna, caution and driving a bit slow initially does help. Yep diesel engines behave differently but not soo much you have to stall and think just enjoy the ride !

Thread Starter #43
Thanks@ bobazooka. Could you please suggest me that did you had any problem in maintaining the black color of the car?[:)]
Hey snell black is a fantastic color but to keep it at that glossy level you will need lot of patience and its not a easy job. You will need to detail it with lot of products.

Top Bottom