My New Ford Figo EXI TDCI

Re: 50Days Figo ownership Mileage update:

yes ,,DTE is not a valid source,,but i am getting same figures since 4 days,,need to check the Actual distance traveled after my DTE is set to 80(reserve),,,,,,
Either My DTE is not working properly or getting the best mileage ,,,
To my observation on DTE, it stops or recalculates when the fuel in the tank is between full & 3/4th. This happens to me regularly on every tank full (I do tank full only and never filled partially).

Assuming the DTE was 600 when tanked up, the decrease in DTE for first 100 KMs is relatively more than the actual consumption. Then, the clock (Both DTE & Fuel Level Indicator) stops for next 100-200 KMs (depending on the driving conditions). Again, it starts and works more or less in line with the actual consumption. Net-net the final DTE + Trip metre may sum up to 650-670, which is more or little more than the initial DTE. This can be even lesser as well, if the driving conditions were unfavorable.

Will you be able to arrive at a figure based on this constantly varying DTE? If so, my initial DTE was 600 and hence the FE is 13.33 (600/45) and closing DTE was 650 and hence FE is 14.44 (650/45)? Which is the right figure? Most importantly, please surprised to know that the tank capacity is not 45 and can drink much more, I have tried it personally. So the basic calculation (45 Liters) itself is incorrect?

Confused huh? Just go Tank Up --> Run --> Tank Up. Total Run / No of Liters is the optimum result. To track regularly, tank up always and never fill it partially.

BTW, DTE 80 is considered to be reserve hypothetically. She can run even after DTE 0. Guess how?

Hello Simhan,
Congrats for your Figo.
No offence but I doubt if these mileage figures are correct. Please test with tankful to tankful method and even after that you get this mileage then bro you will be in serious business and can sign advertisement contract with Ford [clap]. All the best with your Figo and do post your ownership experience.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33

Will you be able to arrive at a figure based on this constantly varying DTE? If so, my initial DTE was 600 and hence the FE is 13.33 (600/45) and closing DTE was 650 and hence FE is 14.44 (650/45)? Which is the right figure? Most importantly, please surprised to know that the tank capacity is not 45 and can drink much more, I have tried it personally. So the basic calculation (45 Liters) itself is incorrect?
Looks from TF to TF DTE varies,depends on the previous driving conditions.

My initial DTE was 642 on TF, now a days am getting around 759 or so, this means increase in mileage (one of the folk in facebook,,cliamed that he got 800+ DTE). but you are right,,Up on tankFUL,,total distance covered divded by say 45 ltrs, results in actual mileage. but i just want to check whether my DTE is giving accurate figures or not, but EOD i need to check the Actual distance / diesel in ltrs

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Note: Threads Merged. Please do not create multiple ownership threads for the same car. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i.e Mileage 38.55/lit in city driving. Looks amazing and doubt on these figures, any one has did this type of calculation.
[clap]These figures are completely wrong on the DTE use tankful to tankful method to get the correct mileage,

if you get the same figures with TF to TF method than thats a guiness record [lol]

Simhan, Tankful to Tankful is the right and dependable method to calculate FE, and not the DTE.

DTE indicates/shows, as the name suggests, Distance To Empty!

You can have estimate how much distance you can travel with the fuel in your tank. This estimation is obtained by the calculation taking your present/past driving pattern into consideration.

If you are driving on a smooth, open, straight, well laid 4-lane highway for 400kms on a tankful and your DTE shows 400kms more you can go, and if there after you started traveling on a narrow, traffic congested, bad road, then obviously you will find your DTE start showing drastically lower figure.

Just don't go by DTE to calculate FE.

Simply go like this -

Tankful (read ODO-A) => Drive (read ODO-B) => Tankful (read Fuel filled in lts-C).

Calculate (B-A)/C.

Always fill using "Auto cut" and avoid filling to the brim, and at the same petrol bunk for more reliable result.

Go for consecutive 3-4 tankful recordings for more accurate FE for average driving conditions. This will also minimize the errors caused by over fueling, less fueling, difference in the "Auto cut" level, cheating by the pump attended by a lt or two, etc.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
My Figo is due for second service:
can some one tell me the good service center in Hyderabad
i am planning to go for 3M underbody coating .please suggest me the best place and price
whats the second service cost

Hey Simhan,

am also planning to go with EXI diesel with dealer fitted audio. can you plz PM your mobile#, need to get some more details on the deal.

-Bheeshma

Last edited by a moderator:
i have done with the deal and everything regarding the loan for the same model exi deisel. But they are not giving me any offer on this. I like its music system but i will have to pay extra rs 16500 for it.
pls tell me how you managed for such a nice deal.

Top Bottom