My New BMW X1 Exclusive

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends

The most awaited event has materialised. I took delivery of my new X1. The decision to change my 320d was a fast one and the whole process took one week. Last Tuesday I confirmed the order and today I have the baby SUV in my hands. Did only about 50 kms today. The drive was awesome. The high seating gives a commanding view. The features on the top end are amazing.

Pros
Commanding stance
Better rear leg space than the 320d
Panaromic sun roof is oh la la
Cons
Steering is heavier than the 320d especially at lower speeds
Pickup is slightly less than the 320d

The delivery process was smooth. Everything was ready when I reached the showroom at 10.20am. We completed the formalities, did one more check. The traditional pooja and coconut breaking ceremony followed. Recd a nice tray full of excellent cakes and cookies.
The freebies included Car cover, extra matting and an X1 key chain.

I was out of the showroom by 11:10 and sped back home. Wife is very pleased with the interiors and especially the comfortable front seating.

The stance of the car is imposing and receives many glances and awe looks. The red on black interiors is to everybody's liking its the first time we have taken this choice. Its our first SUV (though its not a real SUV) and I am enjoying every moment of it. The in-built hard disk has only about 12GB capacity, but is adequate to store atleast 8000 MP3 songs which in my opinion is more then adequate. The manual said only music from CDs / DVDs can be stored in the Hard disk, however, now they have provided an additional usb slot in the glove box where one can connect a pen drive to load music. The loading is a little slow and took about 40 minutes to transfer 7GB of music from my pen drive to the Hard disk. I am yet to try out playing a movie from a dvd. The screen size is quite large and has a facility to split. One side you can have the navigation and on the other side the car computer data is displayed. I am trying to figure out whether I can customise it further. The idrive is a breeze is use and I have managed to learn most of the functions. Need to learn more of the navigation, may take help from the dealers for that.

The 50 km drive today returned an average of about 11.1 kmpl. It should mprove with more running. The suspensions are excellent and once the windows are closed, there is hardly any noise inside the cabin.

Planning to drive down to Lavasa on Friday which should give me more idea of the drivability and ease of use. Will post the experience later.

Posting some pice below.

Attachments

Re: My new X1 Exclusive

Nice car congrats! But why did you trade your 3series for a X1? I found the 3 series more fun to drive.BTW love the moon roof

Thread Starter #3
Re: My new X1 Exclusive

Thanks The ferrarifan. You are right the 3 is more fun to drive but we always wanted to have something in the suv segment. Moreover, the cost of a fully loaded new 3 is same as that of a 520d, hence the decision was more from economics points of view!

Congratulations on your new acquisition Srid68[clap]. That's a really nice buy.

I like the interiors as well in that color.

Kep reving this thread with your experiences with the X1.

Happy and Safe driving.

oh finally you are back with the new thread, Many congrats for your X1 Sri, By first look i was drooling over those super-cool, gorgeous alloys.

Coming to the design, this is the better looking of the X series BMWs, pretty convectional design which will please all.

How about the Ground clearance is it fine with the Mumbai roads.

Congrats on your new ride. Your black beauty is looking stunning in those pictures specially with those red and black interior trim. Wishing you and your family many happy miles in this car. Keep us updated with the cars performance and I do expect a comprehensive comparison between the 3 series and X1 in the coming days from your side.

Thread Starter #13
Hi

Thanks for all the wishes.
What you see on the head restraint is the bracket for the DVD tablet. It was fixed on my earlier 320, which I got is refitted on this. Saved about 40K.

oh finally you are back with the new thread, Many congrats for your X1 Sri, By first look i was drooling over those super-cool, gorgeous alloys.

Coming to the design, this is the better looking of the X series BMWs, pretty convectional design which will please all.

How about the Ground clearance is it fine with the Mumbai roads.
Thanks manjoo. The ground clearnce is excellent and very good for Mumbai roads. The overall looks was one the major factors which my wife argued in favour of the X1

hi, congrats for your X1
BTW replace the inner mats with the 3d one. that looks good for the car.
what is the thing on the front headrests?
Thanks for the suggestion. Will do it over the weekend.

Congratulation Srid68. X1 is an execellent car oops SUV. Please share more on driving expereince and pictures. What is the OTR price !
The OTR price was 34.5L including Taxes, Octroi, registration, insurance and BMW secure. Will opt for the BSI after about 2 months

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your X1
Black looks awesome.Post some more pictures.
I like X1 very much.
front projector light has good commanding power i think correct if im wrong.post that pictures too.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. What else I can say.

That is an SUV man. Interior is looking great especially the red [very different red]. Looks great in black color. already we have a BLACK lover Mr. Raja, Don't show it to him. He loves Black like anything.

Top Bottom