My New Black Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel

Thread Starter #61
So can you explain how to do the cleaning of my car?

As per my understanding of suggestions i am using the following steps.

1) Wash the car using shampoo using a microfiber towel. Then use wax polish to wax the car. Do this only during rainy season when car gets very dirty.

2) Use quick detailer along with Duster to give the car a polished look. Apply wax once a month if polish fades away. To be done only in non rainy season.

3) Clean dashboard with natural Shine Protectant during regular intervals to prevent the dashboard from fading.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Sankar[/QUOTE]

Sorry, if I have confused you. You can wash your car even when it is non rainy season, if it is really dirty. In case you do wash, use a good shampoo and MF towels. Once dried, you can wipe it down with a detailer spray for that just polished look or even the quick wax spray. For a new car that is looked after well, waxing need be done once in 3 months or so, unless you are parking in the hot sun, when you may have to wax more frequently.
When it is raining and the car is wet and dirty, you cannot use the duster and you may have to resort to washing with a shampoo or ONR. How often will depend on how dirty the car is.
Don't be over-enthusiastic with waxing. Apply a very thin layer, if you are using a paste Carnuba wax, using a applicator pad, let it haze and then wipe it down with MF towels. The secret is to get a thin film of wax and wipe it down well. Too thick a layer will make it difficult to get the residue removed and may need more effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
So can you explain how to do the cleaning of my car?

As per my understanding of suggestions i am using the following steps.

1) Wash the car using shampoo using a microfiber towel. Then use wax polish to wax the car. Do this only during rainy season when car gets very dirty.

2) Use quick detailer along with Duster to give the car a polished look. Apply wax once a month if polish fades away. To be done only in non rainy season.

3) Clean dashboard with natural Shine Protectant during regular intervals to prevent the dashboard from fading.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Sankar
Sorry, if I have confused you. You can wash your car even when it is non rainy season, if it is really dirty. In case you do wash, use a good shampoo and MF towels. Once dried, you can wipe it down with a detailer spray for that just polished look or even the quick wax spray. For a new car that is looked after well, waxing need be done once in 3 months or so, unless you are parking in the hot sun, when you may have to wax more frequently.
When it is raining and the car is wet and dirty, you cannot use the duster and you may have to resort to washing with a shampoo or ONR. How often will depend on how dirty the car is.
Don't be over-enthusiastic with waxing. Apply a very thin layer, if you are using a paste Carnuba wax, using a applicator pad, let it haze and then wipe it down with MF towels. The secret is to get a thin film of wax and wipe it down well. Too thick a layer will make it difficult to get the residue removed and may need more effort.[/QUOTE]

Ok Prem got you correctly.

Please go through the pics of my car after i had given my car a wash using shampoo and then applied quick wax. How is the end result. Please let me know your opinion.

In between how are the service costs of VW for Vento? My uncle might book a Vento Diesel Highline and he asked me to find out about the maintenance costs for Vento.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #65
12k for a service[confused]. It's yearly service right?(Once a year i guess) Isn't it a bit on the higher side?

Regards,
Sankar
Yes, definitely on the higher side. I got my yearly service done in Jan 2013 with the odo showing 13200. The bill came to Rs 9600. All the filters, oil, diesel, air filter and the AC filter were changed.

Had leather seats( not covers) fitted in my Vento from Karlsson, Bangalore. They use 1.5 mm Scandinavian leather. The cloth upholstery is ripped off and leather is stitched over the seats. My Vento, being black, I chose light beige colour. I am attaching some photos. The last photo will give you an idea about the texture of the leather. You get some extra padding at the lumbar area and the thigh support area and it makes things more comfortable.
Just wonderful fit and finish, looks very nice :)

Yes, definitely on the higher side. I got my yearly service done in Jan 2013 with the odo showing 13200. The bill came to Rs 9600. All the filters, oil, diesel, air filter and the AC filter were changed.
9k sounds reasonable to me for a C segment sedan considering VW cars have a reputation for being a bit costly to maintain and run.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom