My New Black Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys, thesis my first post after becoming a member.I have been reading the ownership review forums, especially for Vento, as I have been planning to buy the same.

VW is not new to me. As a doctor in UK, my first car was a Polo, way back in 1983 and then I went in for VW Passat diesel in 1985. Was planning to import the Passat when I returned in 1986, but that did not materialise. Even at that time, VW were offering 3 year paint warranty and 6 year anti-corrosion warranty

My last car was Honda City GXi, which served me well for over seven years, but for reasons of fuel costs, I wanted to change to a diesel car and I decided on VW Vento. The color I wanted was either black or shadow blue, but since black was readily available, i opted for it. No regrets.

The car was delivered on 23rd Jan and I have driven it around in Calicut (My hometown) for over 200 Km only. I had no problems with Phoenix Cars, as some of you have experienced. I took my own insurance, bumper to bumper form United India and cost me only 11500 (with my full no claim bonus). Got the mud flaps and plastic mats free. I have already changed the mats to Kagu Maxspider mats, which I got from bangalore for 4500/

It is too early for me to comment on the performance, which I will do later. The steering wheel audio controls and the Parking sensors are really cool. The updated music system with the USB port also feels good. I am yet to get to grips with the MID. May take some time.
Planning on a trip to Guruvayur tomorrow. Shall keep you posted.

Re: My New Black VW Vento HL diesel

Hello Doc welcome to TAI , please post some pictures of your car.

Needless to say Vento is one of the best diesel sedans in its segment , enjoy your ride!

Congrats Doctor for your Black Vento,

Don't forget to share the Vento experiences with us :)

First of all Congratulations Doc on your new Vento...

I took my own insurance, bumper to bumper form United India and cost me only 11500 (with my full no claim bonus).
Only 11.5 K insurance premium for a 10L+ car is difficult to imagine. How did you manage to get such low price [confused] I had to shell out 33K+ as insurance premium for my Vento HL Petrol (insurance with Bharti AXA was included in my overall package).

Congrats for your Vento! this thread holds no good when there are no photos of your car is uploaded.
What was the total OTR of the vehicle?

Wishing you miles of happy and safe motoring [thumbswink]

350Z

Core Team
Great choice of sedan and that too with an amazing colour. You also fetched a nice deal on insurance. Congrats Doc. Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Looking forward to more updates coupled with some pictures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats and welcome to TAI.Share some pictures of your Vento.Waiting for your initial experience of your car.

Thread Starter #11
Thank you everyone. I will surely upload some pictures soon. The insurance premium was low, as I had a full no claim bonus ( I think it is 65%). The dealer was offering insurance from Bajaj or Reliance, but their rates after NCB was almost 10K more. It makes sense not to get lured by the pep talk and do some shopping around to get a more favourable rate.

Took the car on the highway for a trip to Guruvayur. It was of course, not a very long trip and not the best of highways. I was eager not to rev more than 2-2.2k, but still could cruise at 60-70 Kmph without any problem. The power surge when you want to overtake comes in very useful. The ride quality was good, car felt sure footed, even backseat passengers were happy. Space at the back, especially leg room is quite good. Air con works fine, with AC on and windows closed, the engine noise is not a bother, except when you accelerate in 3rd or 4th gears. The overall mileage shown was 19.1 Km/L. Quite happy.

Shall post some pictures soon.

Welcome aboard TAI.

Congrats on your Vento Doc. You are the second "Vento-Doctor-From Kerala". Our fellow member Smoothrider has the opposite color of yours - A white one.

Do pour in more from your side too and yes pictures please!!!
Cheers [:)]

dear premcc44 welcome to TAI. congrats on your vento. did you study in calicut medical college by any chance. and of course snaps of your car please.

Thread Starter #15
dear premcc44 welcome to TAI. congrats on your vento. did you study in calicut medical college by any chance. and of course snaps of your car please.
I did. I am from the 6th batch of Calicut Medical College, worked there and retired as Prof of Orthopaedics . I have been reading your thread, including your Rajasthan trip. I must say that you have influenced my decision to go for the Vento to a great extent. Thank you. I need a few more days to upload some pictures.

Top Bottom