My New Black Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel

Thread Starter #46
Being new to car cleaning stuff as i have always stuck with professional help can you help me out with the stuff i want. I basically have no idea on what all stuff should i buy. My new Dzire will be delivered probably by next week. Can you please shortlist some products for my car and their prices. My car is a White Dzire LDi.

Regards,
Sankar
With pleasure
Get ONR for washing your car along with some good microfiber towels. This you can get from Mr.Sanjay of bringingthebest.com. It costs a little over Rs 600. If you are not inclined to this and wants to wash the car the usual way, get Sonax shampoo from any of the online stores. Meguiars carwash is also good. Remember, swirls are produced due to incorrect washing techniques, so less you wash, the better; of course with rain and mud, you may have no choice. With ONR and good MF towels, you have less chance of swirls.

Polishes help to a grat extent in getting rid of small scratches and swirls, Meguiars ultimate polish is good. Your new car may not need it straightaway, unless you are very quick in getting swirls all over it. Polish also gives the paint a lot of depth, especially in dark colours. Polish should always be followed by a paint sealant, which are polymer based, like Meguiars quikwax or NXT . Instead, the same protection can be given by Cornuba wax, which can be paste or liquid. The present waxes are mostly of the spread on wipe off type and quite easy to apply. Cleaner waxes will help to eliminate the need for a separate polish, especially for new car like yours. Meguiars and Mothers California gold have a wide selection of waxes.
For daily use, get a Jopasu duster from snapdeal or ebay and get Meguiars ultimate detailer spray

Lastly, read how to wash your car and tips on detailing. They are all over the internet forums. Feel free to ask to clear any doubts. Soon you will be thanking the stars that you chose a white car and not a black one. They are like women, they need a lot of attention

With pleasure
Get ONR for washing your car along with some good microfiber towels. This you can get from Mr.Sanjay of bringingthebest.com. It costs a little over Rs 600. If you are not inclined to this and wants to wash the car the usual way, get Sonax shampoo from any of the online stores. Meguiars carwash is also good. Remember, swirls are produced due to incorrect washing techniques, so less you wash, the better; of course with rain and mud, you may have no choice. With ONR and good MF towels, you have less chance of swirls.

Polishes help to a grat extent in getting rid of small scratches and swirls, Meguiars ultimate polish is good. Your new car may not need it straightaway, unless you are very quick in getting swirls all over it. Polish also gives the paint a lot of depth, especially in dark colours. Polish should always be followed by a paint sealant, which are polymer based, like Meguiars quikwax or NXT . Instead, the same protection can be given by Cornuba wax, which can be paste or liquid. The present waxes are mostly of the spread on wipe off type and quite easy to apply. Cleaner waxes will help to eliminate the need for a separate polish, especially for new car like yours. Meguiars and Mothers California gold have a wide selection of waxes.
For daily use, get a Jopasu duster from snapdeal or ebay and get Meguiars ultimate detailer spray

Lastly, read how to wash your car and tips on detailing. They are all over the internet forums. Feel free to ask to clear any doubts. Soon you will be thanking the stars that you chose a white car and not a black one. They are like women, they need a lot of attention
I am afraid i will have to take up your offer on helping in car detailing topic. My queires are as follows:-

1) Can you explain whatan ONR is? Also bringingthebest.com website is down and even the domain name is up for sale. Can you post the link of this from ebay?

2) Doesn't polishing and waxing require polishing machine? have you bought one if so then please let me know the name of the polishing machine.

PS:- I will be very grateful to you if you post ebay links of products so that i can purchase them right away. Really sorry i know i am asking too much.:sorry:

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #48
I am afraid i will have to take up your offer on helping in car detailing topic. My queires are as follows:-

1) Can you explain whatan ONR is? Also bringingthebest.com website is down and even the domain name is up for sale. Can you post the link of this from ebay?

2) Doesn't polishing and waxing require polishing machine? have you bought one if so then please let me know the name of the polishing machine.

PS:- I will be very grateful to you if you post ebay links of products so that i can purchase them right away. Really sorry i know i am asking too much.:sorry:

Regards,
Sankar
ONR means Optimum No rinse and I have just checked the bringing best website. The link is www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India. you can even send a mail to Mr. Sanjay to find out the prices of items. Contact him on sanjay@bringingbest.com

Polishing and waxing can be ideally done with an orbital machine, but can be done by hand also, depends on your inclination. The present day polishes and waxes are easier to apply and wipe off without using a machine.

Most of the Meguiars or Mothers stuff are available with bringing best or with vicky.in.

Before you start anything, just follow these links to know how to wash your car and tips on detailing your car. Modify the steps to tailor to your needs, as your car will be a new one.

Wash and Wax in 60 minutes featuring Optimum No Rinse – Detailed Image

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle - Updated!!

There are excellent videos also on sites like youtube on how to wash or wax your car.

ONR means Optimum No rinse and I have just checked the bringing best website. The link is www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India. you can even send a mail to Mr. Sanjay to find out the prices of items. Contact him on sanjay@bringingbest.com

Polishing and waxing can be ideally done with an orbital machine, but can be done by hand also, depends on your inclination. The present day polishes and waxes are easier to apply and wipe off without using a machine.

Most of the Meguiars or Mothers stuff are available with bringing best or with vicky.in.

Before you start anything, just follow these links to know how to wash your car and tips on detailing your car. Modify the steps to tailor to your needs, as your car will be a new one.

Wash and Wax in 60 minutes featuring Optimum No Rinse – Detailed Image

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle - Updated!!

There are excellent videos also on sites like youtube on how to wash or wax your car.
Thanks a lot Prem. You really are very helpful. Shall contact Sanjay and let you know on my purchase.

Also i found out some of the products in ebay. Is this the products you have mentioned?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Meguiars-G19..._203&hash=item3f1510523e&_uhb=1#ht_3987wt_906

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Meguiars-NXT..._203&hash=item3f1470e384&_uhb=1#ht_4027wt_906

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Meguiars-G14..._203&hash=item3f1510545d&_uhb=1#ht_4027wt_906

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50
Thanks a lot Prem. You really are very helpful. Shall contact Sanjay and let you know on my purchase.

Also i found out some of the products in ebay. Is this the products you have mentioned?
Meguiar's G19216 Ultimate Polish - 16 oz.-GJP | eBay

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (18-Ounce Li-OKM | eBay

Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer-QTE | eBay

Regards,

Yes, these are some of the items, but the prices are unreasonably high, as the seller imports from US. Dont buy from such sites. If you go to vicky.in, you can get the same stuff for a fraction of the price. You can also look for the same items at sites like autofresh.in or carkhana

Last edited by a moderator:

Meguiar's G19216 Ultimate Polish - 16 oz.-GJP | eBay

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (18-Ounce Li-OKM | eBay

Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer-QTE | eBay

Regards,

Yes, these are some of the items, but the prices are unreasonably high, as the seller imports from US. Dont buy from such sites. If you go to vicky.in, you can get the same stuff for a fraction of the price. You can also look for the same items at sites like autofresh.in or carkhana
Hi Prem,

I also thought along the same lines. Prices are extremely high but to my luck the car accessories shop where i am buying accessories for my car has all Merguiars products at fraction of the price of the above listings on ebay or on www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India, New Delhi, India. SHall post pics of the products i bought from them soon.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #52
Hi Prem,

I also thought along the same lines. Prices are extremely high but to my luck the car accessories shop where i am buying accessories for my car has all Merguiars products at fraction of the price of the above listings on ebay or on www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India, New Delhi, India. SHall post pics of the products i bought from them soon.

Regards,
Sankar
Grab them and let us know from which shop you got them, so that other people using this forum will know where to get these products. Thank you

Grab them and let us know from which shop you got them, so that other people using this forum will know where to get these products. Thank you
Its from the accessories shop where i am fitting my car. Products costs very less like Meguiars Ultimate Polish which costs 2k online retails at 600rs. I was a bit shocked at the price variants and had to reconfirm if they are original or not. Have already confirmed the bottle capacity which is same.

Regards,
Sankar

Sir,hats off to this review.We too have a Vento HL TDI 2012 Pre-Worshipped,which had done 15000 Km in 1 year.Bought her when she was 12700 Km old and 10 month old.She is big Rocket in Highway and got 23 Km/l in City.These are from Tankful method.Color is Terra Beige.Nice detailing to your Vento.I m also getting those detailing kit after reading your review.

Thread Starter #55
Sir,hats off to this review.We too have a Vento HL TDI 2012 Pre-Worshipped,which had done 15000 Km in 1 year.Bought her when she was 12700 Km old and 10 month old.She is big Rocket in Highway and got 23 Km/l in City.These are from Tankful method.Color is Terra Beige.Nice detailing to your Vento.I m also getting those detailing kit after reading your review.
Thank you for the response. I have been following your thread and glad to find that you are really enjoying your Vento experience. Have a nice time ad go for long drives. I am sure you will enjoy that.

Congrats for your vento highline,
I too purchased a vento diesel highline ob 29 Mar 2013, silver colour, very disappointed, with the in car entertainment system installed.
Though the brochure shows the music system with sd card reader, aux in, bluetooth, usb in thenew vento, but none of the features are visible on it, looks like some obsolete version of music system has been mischieveously fitted.
Need to share your feedback and experience on this aspect
Regards[confused]

Congrats for your vento highline,
I too purchased a vento diesel highline ob 29 Mar 2013, silver colour, very disappointed, with the in car entertainment system installed.
Though the brochure shows the music system with sd card reader, aux in, bluetooth, usb in thenew vento, but none of the features are visible on it, looks like some obsolete version of music system has been mischieveously fitted.
Need to share your feedback and experience on this aspect
Regards[confused]
Hey can you post the picture of the stereo?
I guess you have got the earlier Vento which had the MDI cable inside glove box where you can attach USB and Aux cables?
Please check inside glove box and let us know

Hi Prem,

Hope you are doing good.

I have bought some of the products that you recommended. As my car is a white Maruti Suzuki Dzire it needs regular attention so that color doesn't fade. I must say after using the products that you recommended the result were marvelous. I am uploading a pics of the products that i have bought.

IMG_2980.jpg

One more query after using car shampoo to wash the car i then used quick wax to polish my car. So after this should i use quick detailer? I am confused here and please help me out.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #59
Hi Prem,

Hope you are doing good.

I have bought some of the products that you recommended. As my car is a white Maruti Suzuki Dzire it needs regular attention so that color doesn't fade. I must say after using the products that you recommended the result were marvelous. I am uploading a pics of the products that i have bought.

View attachment 87678

One more query after using car shampoo to wash the car i then used quick wax to polish my car. So after this should i use quick detailer? I am confused here and please help me out.

Regards,
Sankar
Glad to know that you have bought some quality products there. See that you get some decent MF towels also, do not use anything else to dry your car. Get Jopasu car duster (available at snap deal.com for Rs.499).Wash your car if you must, otherwise use the duster and wipe the car using quick detailer spray. Use the quick wax, when you feel that the water beading has become less, may be once a month should be okay for your new car.
I now use ONR as a diluted spray to wipe down the car after using the Jopasu duster , you can increase the concentration of ONR to use as a detailer spray as well, that is the best way to reduce swirls on your car surface. That way, you need to do real shampoo water wash only for the rainy season, when the car will be smeared with dirt and you may not be able to use the duster. Even in this situation, ONR will be useful.
Enjoy your detailing sessions.

Glad to know that you have bought some quality products there. See that you get some decent MF towels also, do not use anything else to dry your car. Get Jopasu car duster (available at snap deal.com for Rs.499).Wash your car if you must, otherwise use the duster and wipe the car using quick detailer spray. Use the quick wax, when you feel that the water beading has become less, may be once a month should be okay for your new car.
I now use ONR as a diluted spray to wipe down the car after using the Jopasu duster , you can increase the concentration of ONR to use as a detailer spray as well, that is the best way to reduce swirls on your car surface. That way, you need to do real shampoo water wash only for the rainy season, when the car will be smeared with dirt and you may not be able to use the duster. Even in this situation, ONR will be useful.
Enjoy your detailing sessions.
So can you explain how to do the cleaning of my car?

As per my understanding of suggestions i am using the following steps.

1) Wash the car using shampoo using a microfiber towel. Then use wax polish to wax the car. Do this only during rainy season when car gets very dirty.

2) Use quick detailer along with Duster to give the car a polished look. Apply wax once a month if polish fades away. To be done only in non rainy season.

3) Clean dashboard with natural Shine Protectant during regular intervals to prevent the dashboard from fading.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:

Top Bottom