My New Black Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel

Thread Starter #31
Wonderful and neat finish [clap]
Do they provide seat covers also? What was the total cost of doing your seats in Karlsson ?

Cheers,
Anshuman
Thank you. I think they do seat covers also, I am not quite sure. The cost depends on the car and the leather. I used Scandinavian 1.5 mm light beige leather, it cost me 35K , for the seats and the handrests on the doors.

@Prem

The car seats(new) look really great !! how much did they cost you ??

Do they come with some extra cushion and it has the rear seat hand rest I hope

Any special maintenance is required for cleaning them
Yes, there was some extra padding for the lumbar and thigh areas. No special care required. Just clean with a dampened cloth, that is what was told

Last edited by a moderator:
Great finish, how much did it cost? and how long did it take to fit it? i also own a black vento, i was also planning to go to Karlsson, Bangalore.

Thread Starter #33
Great finish, how much did it cost? and how long did it take to fit it? i also own a black vento, i was also planning to go to Karlsson, Bangalore.
You have to first fix up an appointment with them and once you choose your leather, colour etc, you have to give an advance of 50%. Give your car by 10AM on the appointed date and collect your car before 6 PM. Being in Bangalore, you should have no problem

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. hope you dont mind telling the cost? Just to know before i talk to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #37
The seat work looks fabulous and the biege effect on black is stunning. have you updated the ICE or is it the stock one.
Thank you, the seats do look good, but also feel more comfortable. I have not updated the ICE, as i do not feel the need for it. To me, it sounds good with good channel separation and presence and I don't feel additional expenditure on the ICE justifiable. Others may not agree
Off the topic, your red stallion is really looking good. Let me wish you miles and miles of happy motoring with the mean machine. I am reminded of my visit to the BMW museum in Munich a couple of years ago.

Thank you, the seats do look good, but also feel more comfortable. I have not updated the ICE, as i do not feel the need for it. To me, it sounds good with good channel separation and presence and I don't feel additional expenditure on the ICE justifiable. Others may not agree
Off the topic, your red stallion is really looking good. Let me wish you miles and miles of happy motoring with the mean machine. I am reminded of my visit to the BMW museum in Munich a couple of years ago.
Many Thanks Prem. I am enjoying ever moment on my red stallion

Hello Dr.

Firstly Congrats for your beautiful car. It looks stunning in black. I just loved the seat covers and I must say in real they look stunning with black color of your vento. Also, you got a great deal for the insurance. I paid almost double the price for my rapid through HDFC. Keep us updated on your journey with your black beauty.

Sir vw Vento in black is a delight to watch . And even after 10 years from now the car and its interiors will look timeless and elegant . That is the beauty of classic designs . Loved the seat covers too .

Had leather seats( not covers) fitted in my Vento from Karlsson, Bangalore. They use 1.5 mm Scandinavian leather. The cloth upholstery is ripped off and leather is stitched over the seats. My Vento, being black, I chose light beige colour. I am attaching some photos. The last photo will give you an idea about the texture of the leather. You get some extra padding at the lumbar area and the thigh support area and it makes things more comfortable.
Hi Doc,

The effort you have taken to maintain the car can be seen from the pics that you have uploaded. Seats are absolutely awesome and takes the interiors to another level. Have you tried 3M for car body polishing and coating?

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #42
Hi Doc,

The effort you have taken to maintain the car can be seen from the pics that you have uploaded. Seats are absolutely awesome and takes the interiors to another level. Have you tried 3M for car body polishing and coating?

Regards,
Sankar
I have not tried 3M or other professionals. I do my own detailing. I wash the car with Sonax shampoo once a week or ten days and use only microfiber towels on the car. Rest of the days, I use Jopasu duster followed by a quick detailer spray. Recently I have been using ONR and thus has reduced my frequency of car washing. I have a Kestrel DA polisher, which I used last month to clear some swirl marks with Meguiars ultimate compound and then to apply Mothers cleaner wax.
It is hard work, but worth the trouble when you find the sparkle on your car being admired

I have not tried 3M or other professionals. I do my own detailing. I wash the car with Sonax shampoo once a week or ten days and use only microfiber towels on the car. Rest of the days, I use Jopasu duster followed by a quick detailer spray. Recently I have been using ONR and thus has reduced my frequency of car washing. I have a Kestrel DA polisher, which I used last month to clear some swirl marks with Meguiars ultimate compound and then to apply Mothers cleaner wax.
It is hard work, but worth the trouble when you find the sparkle on your car being admired
Where can i get all these?[;)] I am from Trivandrum and i doubt i will get all these from car accessories shops here.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #44
Where can i get all these?[;)] I am from Trivandrum and i doubt i will get all these from car accessories shops here.

Regards,
Sankar
Try www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India. Mr.Sanjay is very prompt and helpful. They do sell Optimum no rinse as well as different types of MF towels and mitts. You can get Mother's as well as Meguiars products online from sites like ebay india, auto fresh.in, carkhana, vicky.in, etc. I will stick to Mothers or Meguiars as far as polishes, waxes and shampoos are concerned. Most of these are available at vicky.in, who also sell the Meguiars DA orbital polisher for over 14K.
Hope this helps.

Try www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India. Mr.Sanjay is very prompt and helpful. They do sell Optimum no rinse as well as different types of MF towels and mitts. You can get Mother's as well as Meguiars products online from sites like ebay india, auto fresh.in, carkhana, vicky.in, etc. I will stick to Mothers or Meguiars as far as polishes, waxes and shampoos are concerned. Most of these are available at vicky.in, who also sell the Meguiars DA orbital polisher for over 14K.
Hope this helps.
Being new to car cleaning stuff as i have always stuck with professional help can you help me out with the stuff i want. I basically have no idea on what all stuff should i buy. My new Dzire will be delivered probably by next week. Can you please shortlist some products for my car and their prices. My car is a White Dzire LDi.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom