My Modified Maruti 800

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

PFA the pics of rear coil springs
Zen--- Maruti800-- WagonR

Zen was thicker, 1.5 inch taller
Wagon R looked very very mild thick when compared to M800, .75inch taller

Varun, Could you Pl. confirm how much were the Wagon R rear shocks taller compared to M800.

Any one has seen the diff between WagonR (Old) vs WagonR (New) coil spings

Regards,
Sri
No idea about the exact diameter / length. I guess it was one inch taller.
Are there any springs shorter than the 800 ones in the market? I am looking at lowering a a Maruti 800. Currently the only option is to cut the springs.

My 2nd query is about a Celerio. Planning to lower a Celerio too. Will the springs of an 800 fit?

Thread Starter #1,444

Are there any springs shorter than the 800 ones in the market? I am looking at lowering a a Maruti 800. Currently the only option is to cut the springs.

My 2nd query is about a Celerio. Planning to lower a Celerio too. Will the springs of an 800 fit?
Only option is to chop it off..
Same with celerio, even if 800's coils fit the weight ratio wont be correct.
Car becomes bouncy, since its softer than Celerio's coils.

I joined the automotive India for only one reason to congrats you for having such a wonderful car and [clap] please tell me the part number or if you have a photo or model of the clear lens indicators installed in the front of your car. From which car they belong and installing them is a good idea [confused]

Reply soon
Sourya

Finally there is an update !! [clap]

Got seat covers.. Art leather ones. Waiting for door pad materials to arrive.
Some pic's. Paid 5.5k for them. Please tell me how it looks.
Hi, Varun,
Could you let us know how have you integrated rear seat head rest and what are the complications involved doing it. I have a maruti Ritz lxi model and want to install those head rest.

Thread Starter #1,448

Hi, Varun,
Could you let us know how have you integrated rear seat head rest and what are the complications involved doing it. I have a maruti Ritz lxi model and want to install those head rest.
You need to remove the sponge and weld 4 support pipes so that the head rests can slide into the back rest..

Hi Varun,

I have just joined The Automotive India and went through all the mods you have done to your Maruti. Hats off for your efforts. it shows your love for your car and the builtin engineer.

Posting my Suzuki from Pakistan which is still sold till this time since 1988.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Varun - I must admit, your threads (on 800 and Enjoy) are the reason I found this forum. I too have a type 3 M800 and a petrol Enjoy (some similarities eh).

Thread Starter #1,452
Hi Varun - I must admit, your threads (on 800 and Enjoy) are the reason I found this forum. I too have a type 3 M800 and a petrol Enjoy (some similarities eh).
Hello Karthik, both are a nice combo to have. Petrol enjoy is a very rare site ! Hope you're enjoying the same..
Enjoy is no more with us :( ..

Thanks Girish...

Here are few details..

Power steering unit - Sourced from Alto (old)
It costed me 12k (used one). New one would cost 32k.

The reason behind choosing the alto's PS is it has an separate ECM which controls the PS. The module is easy to connect.

It will have 5 connections, 1. RPM 2. Speed Sensor 3. Ground 4. Positive 5. Ignition (+ve).

Presently I have only connected 4 of them, still sourcing out the Vehicle speed sensor signal on my ECM.

The mods which are required to fit is, need to alter the mounting point of the column, replace the start joint from alto to 800 near the rack.

Make small mount points for the combination switch (stalks) also need to make tow holes for indicator cut off and steering lock.

Though the list is big, the result after fitting it you would not have any words to express. The steering is light and precise. Even with 4 people on board taking the car out of a tight parking is just easy and simple.

This took me whole month to finish it as I would work only 3-4 hours in a week on this. This time its not a full DIY it was done by MASS and with the help of my mechanic.

Thanks to SS80, Joeking, Sri Harsha, Chandrashekar, My mechanic (Ashok), Solotech MASS and every one for getting this done.

I have to redo all the electrical's and add new wires to all the accessories I had.

If any one would require the wiring diagram please pm or email me.

Any B'lore members could take a test drive and post a review here. I would be happy to hear the comments / suggestions.
I saw your thread while searching for EPS in maruti 800 . I am confused about the rpm connection. My vehicle is Maruti 800 mpfi with Distributor type. from where does one get RPM signal for he EPS in this vehicle.

Top Bottom