My Modified Maruti 800

Thanks Girish...

Here are few details..

Power steering unit - Sourced from Alto (old)
It costed me 12k (used one). New one would cost 32k.

The reason behind choosing the alto's PS is it has an separate ECM which controls the PS. The module is easy to connect.

It will have 5 connections, 1. RPM 2. Speed Sensor 3. Ground 4. Positive 5. Ignition (+ve).

Presently I have only connected 4 of them, still sourcing out the Vehicle speed sensor signal on my ECM.

The mods which are required to fit is, need to alter the mounting point of the column, replace the start joint from alto to 800 near the rack.

Make small mount points for the combination switch (stalks) also need to make tow holes for indicator cut off and steering lock.

Though the list is big, the result after fitting it you would not have any words to express. The steering is light and precise. Even with 4 people on board taking the car out of a tight parking is just easy and simple.

This took me whole month to finish it as I would work only 3-4 hours in a week on this. This time its not a full DIY it was done by MASS and with the help of my mechanic.

Thanks to SS80, Joeking, Sri Harsha, Chandrashekar, My mechanic (Ashok), Solotech MASS and every one for getting this done.

I have to redo all the electrical's and add new wires to all the accessories I had.

If any one would require the wiring diagram please pm or email me.

Any B'lore members could take a test drive and post a review here. I would be happy to hear the comments / suggestions.
Hello I am trying to fit the same in my car kindly email me the wiring diagram.

Also which speed sensor have you installed alto one and where ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #1,404
Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

Hello I am trying to fit the same in my car kindly email me the wiring diagram.

Also which speed sensor have you installed alto one and where ?
If your car is MPFI I would suggest not to do it. Mine is not working. The PS ecm keeps frying while taking rpm signal from Ign coil. I haven't connected any speed sensor. It doesn't cut off at any speed. Pm your email id.

@Varun, your M800 never seems to age, every time I look at yours & @Shashi's cars.
In days to come all your M800 will be called Classics.
Thanks for the compliments [:D]

From where did you purchase that grille?
This is home made, not sure if it is available off shelf.

Last edited:

Hello Friends...This is my first post. Came across this amazing thread on Maruti 800 as I was doing a bit of research for my father's car (M800). It was purchased in year 2001, almost completing 15 years (in April) on the road. It is a 5 gear/ac model which my father is still driving and loves very much. I have been trying to pursuade him to change the car..we even went to see a few new models but finally he decided to keep the old car. His car is single driver driven car. In all this years I have driven it only few times. Its a well maintained car..hardly done 55k kms. Now since he has decided to keep it forever I want to make some modifications to it. My father is 72 years old and i want the ride to be more comfortable for him.
Few things i have in mind which I would like to do in the car
Power windows
Remote Petrol cap,
Better seats
Rear Viper
Powerful Headlights
Fog lamps
Better AC

The car will be arriving in Mumbai from 800 kms away by next week.(16-18 APRL)

I have been reading this thread and there are some amazing people who have done fantastic things to their ride.
Friends kindly help me and suggest what else can be done and ALSO the best place (garage/service centre) in Mumbai (Andheri and nearby area) for repairs/mods for my fathers car.

Thanking you in Anticipation.

Finally .. I'm finished reading the whole thread....
...... "Crazy Love" ......

Were the words came to my mind every time I see a new mod done by you or during the days you were struggling with her (never gave up on your beloved) ..... Hats Off Varun

[clap][clap][clap]

Hi Varun,

It takes a lot of courage to spend money on such an old beauty, Planning to do the same with my 2002 alto VX 1.1. It has clocked only 92K till now. Can you post some detailed pics of the entire Kit before fitting if you have some. As i am getting it here in Jaipur for Rs. 10500 so need a guide how the entire system looks like.

@ other seniors please help to complete my old generation K10[:)] as rest features are there.

Attaches are some pics of my GF.

Thanks
Risky

Top Bottom