My Mitsubishi Lancer SLXi; Now Sold.

Great! What's the service interval if synthetic oil is used , on year or 15k kms?

And one doubt i can also fill synthetic oil right? What's the price difference between normal and synthetic oil?

@Dhaya, Service interval will be 15K kilometeres/ 1 year like you had said.

You can also switch to synthetic the next time you plan to change oil.

Cost will be roughly 3 times the cost of normal mineral oil.

The ones we filled cost us 2,850 bucks since they were from promotional pack.

Apart from a smoother & silent ride, synthetic Oil which is manufactured with specially designed formula, forms a very thin layer over piston and other engine parts.

Thinner layer means, lesser friction, lesser wear and tear of the engine thus increasing engine life.

Also, it helps to great extent in cold start conditions when mineral oil tends to become bit denser when cold.

Last one I know, is the effective lubrication it provides in bumper to bumper city traffic were the engine is strained much.

yeah, Ilango too felt the same.

He said, we change normal mineral oil twice so that engine gets new oil within same interval (2 oil changes in 15,000 kms)

I thought of trying once just to find out the difference. The engine is much more free revving than earlier!

Also, how much does normal oil cost you? (how many lts & how much cost)?

Let Ilango enquire about Synthetic's price for Diesel engines so that we'll get the clear picture!

Thread Starter #194
Nope , that scratches that you saw are deep. repaint is the only solution.

the car is not at all polished after painting. That was done a quick polish to run on roads .
now the proper method is done. , yet to finish the process[frustration]

Thread Starter #195
Car polished !
Installed alpine 9835.

yet to tune , my electrician tuned for 45 min and claimed he did his best !!

Just now got the manual in net! reading them . hope it takes about a day and some 3 to 4 lit of petrol to tune it

Didnt notice the battery , which was out of water , so in that 45 min of so called tuning time , the car suffered with lowest idle rpm and didnt crank .
after some 10 min the car cranked to life.
checked everything , filled some distilled water.

so tuning by me will be done today evening

Top Bottom