My Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi

Thread Starter #1
WARNING: LOT OF PICS EVERYWHERE.[lol]

Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi BSIII
Year- 2009
Colour- Superior White
77500 Kilometers Till Date.

After having some discussions here and searching for a budget good car,(This is my first car,learning driving.)Finally bought a used Alto Lxi BSIII. :) Got the car on 2/2/2012.
45584 Kilometers when bought the car,Got it for 2.10Lakhs.

Interiors ~ Stock was a mix of Grey and Blue Fabrics.Budget Stuff.Nothing to complain.Offers good comfort too.

Exterior ~ Not so sporty,But i love the looks.It looks cute too.Totally a small cute exterior looking car.

Performance ~ Its a 47Bhp 796cc 3-Cylinder Engine,Enough for a beginner to learn driving.Fine for City Driving and Not the best car for highways.It mainly lacks power for overtakes at highways.I used to drive at 60-80's in highways here and its fine for me.Then with A/C on,the power of car reduces .Sometimes i use AC to control my speed.[lol] Overall its enough for a learner or for a small family.

Gearbox ~ Gear shifts are neither hard nor very smooth.But its good,no issues.

Brakes ~ They are Good,Not the best,but enough for Alto.

Suspensions ~ Good too.Not the best,But offers good comfort for the budget.

Fuel Efficiency ~ I am getting 10-15kmpl on city with A/C,Bumper to Bumper Traffic,Its a very busy city and the best i got was 22+ on highway With A/C.

Service & Spares ~ I got my car serviced at my Trusted Local Mechanic. Didn't visited SVC for servicing my car.I am satisfied with the local mechanic's work and economical too.Only engine related works will be done from outside and small works are done by self. DIY![:)] Spares are easily available and Cheap too.I have two MGP Dealers here,Everything will be in stock almost every time.They are very good.

Troubles
No major troubles faced till now.

Mods,Accessories and Add on's

• Auto Form Seat Covers (Red and Black)
  • Roots Wind Tone Dual Horn
  • Molded Mud flaps
  • Remote Boot Opener
  • Frame less Wiper Blades
  • Stanley Auto Cigarette Lighter/Power Socket
  • Michelin Energy XM2 155/70-12 Tires (Changed at 49530KMS)
  • AMARON FLO 42B20L MF Battery
  • Shell Type OVRM's
  • Custom Meshed Bumper Grille
  • Philips Rally 100/90W With Philips Headlight Relay Kit

In-Car Entertainment

• Head Unit ~ Pioneer - MVH-X169UI
  • Rear Speaker ~ JBL CX-S697 6X9 Oval 100W RMS
  • Sony XMN-502 Amplifier for the rear speakers.
  • Front Speakers ~ JBL CS4 4" 30W RMS

Shortcuts To Servicing,Mods and Maintenance's

Some Pics too.[:)] All Suggestions are Welcome.

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Rear.jpg

bay.jpg

Speedo.jpg

Speaker.jpg

Krishna.jpg

Alto Rear Seat.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Alto Lxi

Seems like my Alto got a friend on TAI[;)]. My car looked similar until last year. Heres a pic of mine.

And many congratulations for your Baby Suzuki[clap].

Thread Starter #4

Seems like my Alto got a friend on TAI[;)]. My car looked similar until last year.
Yeah,when i saw this car for first time,your baby came to my mind.:) Me too planning to paint the fog lamp area to black.How to remove it?Is it clip tpe or any other thing?

And many congratulations for your Baby Suzuki[clap].
congrats on your car and all the best do hope to see you as a pro driver pretty soon stay safe:)
Thanks bro'S.[:)]

Also planning to swap the stock horn with Roots Windtones,What say? Do i have to fit a relay for that?

Also how much for those RVM? Now my car is having some china stuff,not clear and bad quality too.

Congrats Aneesh your's makes the second white Alto in our forum i guess. Looking forward to more updates from you.

deville_56

Honoured Member

Yeah,when i saw this car for first time,your baby came to my mind.:) Me too planning to paint the fog lamp area to black.How to remove it?Is it clip tpe or any other thing?
Mask and spray :D or get el cheapo fog lamp 700 a pair for Alto in TVM with the plastic pod.

Also planning to swap the stock horn with Roots Windtones,What say? Do i have to fit a relay for that?
Relay needed

Also how much for those RVM? Now my car is having some china stuff,not clear and bad quality too.
Your's is stock mirror, not Chinese. Maybe duplicate plain mirror ones. The ones in the other Alto cost around 2-2.5k for internally adjustable ones. Without the adjuster may cost less.

BTW I hate those wheelcaps [:D]

Thread Starter #7

Mask and spray :D or get el cheapo fog lamp 700 a pair for Alto in TVM with the plastic pod.
Hows the quality? Read that it will break easier and are waste.Not sure though,Any pics? Do you have it?

Relay needed
Ok.:) Where to place the horns?

Your's is stock mirror, not Chinese. Maybe duplicate plain mirror ones.
Yeah,duplicates.:)

The ones in the other Alto cost around 2-2.5k for internally adjustable ones. Without the adjuster may cost less.
[surprise] Will buy later.[:D]

BTW I hate those wheelcaps [:D]
This was the one i got when bought the car:

20120202_112308.jpg

Didnt liked it and was planning to get the alto OEM wheel cap,but the dealer said its not available now so i have to settle for this one.:)

Thread Starter #8
Alto spare price 2012

Bought some Spares today! :)

Here are the latest Prices.:)[:)]

Roof Light Bulb-------------------47
Oil Filter-------------------------74
MGO 20W40 Shell Oil-------------635
Air Filter-------------------------173
Plug( CHAMPION:RA7YC) X 3------180
-------------------------------------
Total 1109
-------------------------------------

Also bought Bridgestone Turanza ER-60 145/80-12 for Stepney.
Costed me 2950RS.[:)]

Photo0161.jpg

Photo0158.jpg

This is how rear speaker is fitted in my Alto.[frustration]

Photo0164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats for your new ride Aneesh, This car looks brilliant,

Regarding the horn you should place it behind the front grill, if you are going for windtone horn try roots or hella.

Top Bottom