My Maruti 800: Ownership Thread

Thread Starter #61
No they did not. Because they have not charged me for it. But pressing the clutch seems significantly smoother.

@all: Is there some kind of adjustment they can play with to make this happen?

Thread Starter #62
Went on a road trip on my M-800. From Bangalore to Karwar and back. Overall, around 1150 kilometers done and no problem whatsoever. The car returned a mileage of around 18.

Hi Loboprashanth,

I am very glad to see another M800 admirer, i was reading you post and found some commets about AC. The AC does not cool much in 800, i had fixed the AC in my car, Varun knows about it.

Please post some more pics of you car, will be gald to see them :)

Hi Loboprashanth,

I am very glad to see another M800 admirer, i was reading you post and found some commets about AC. The AC does not cool much in 800, i had fixed the AC in my car, Varun knows about it.

Please post some more pics of you car, will be gald to see them :)
The stock A/C compressor of 800 is just a waste. We can just get cold air that too only for front passengers.

I am getting a Sanden 507 (Bigger compressor) soon, lets hope it works.

The stock A/C compressor of 800 is just a waste. We can just get cold air that too only for front passengers.

I am getting a Sanden 507 (Bigger compressor) soon, lets hope it works.
Varun,

you are right, i checked with MASS and the person said this is only best for an 800, i am very eager to see your DIY on AC

Thread Starter #67
That is true. The AC in the 800 will only blow cold air. It's okay in the winters, but of absolutely no use in the summers.

A bigger compressor is the only way forward. My friend put in an aftermarket AC setup. He claims that the AC chills really well. I cannot get in touch with him right now to know what the components are as he is not in the country. But will get in touch with him soon to know more.

Update: I got LED's fitted for my parking lights and the roof lamp in the car. Really like the bright illumination when i open the doors now [:)]

Haven't had the time to sit down and write a travelogue about my trip to Karwar. Will do so soon. To be honest, It was an eye-opening drive for me. As I was pretty much blown away by the 800's performance.

Thread Starter #68
Some pics of the LED in the parking lights and the roof lamp.

The one in the roof lamp is so bright that it feels like a tube light[:)] But i do like it cos the old one was really dull. The parking lights are white too, seem a little blue in the picture though.

IMAG0094.jpg
IMAG0095.jpg

That is true. The AC in the 800 will only blow cold air. It's okay in the winters, but of absolutely no use in the summers.

A bigger compressor is the only way forward. My friend put in an aftermarket AC setup. He claims that the AC chills really well. I cannot get in touch with him right now to know what the components are as he is not in the country. But will get in touch with him soon to know more.

Update: I got LED's fitted for my parking lights and the roof lamp in the car. Really like the bright illumination when i open the doors now [:)]

Haven't had the time to sit down and write a travelogue about my trip to Karwar. Will do so soon. To be honest, It was an eye-opening drive for me. As I was pretty much blown away by the 800's performance.
Hello, Any progress on AC compressor upgrade?

Top Bottom