My Maruti 800: Ownership Thread

Thread Starter #46
Yeah the Jack set should only be around 600 bucks. I found my Jack and needed only the apparatus that you use the turn the jack.

That cost me 50 bucks according to my bill.

Thread Starter #47
Another update:

My Head unit conked out and it was anyways around 7 years old so got a new one.

Got a JVC KD-X30. Pretty good HU. I don't use CDs anyways and usually play music from my phone. Hence, an Aux and USB port were all i needed.

Thanks Varun. Will check.

Wanted to know what a good cruising speed on the M-800 is?
You can cruise at 80 kmph if you need good mileage or 100 is fine.
I usually cruise around 100-110...

Nice to see another 800 Lover

@varun560061 just 600 /- for jack set ??
man i thought it costs thousands [frustration]
and you said timing belt, how much does it cost to replace in Esteem any idea, mine is done 50k kms now
So you also need a jack set ? Timing belt might cost around 500 rs.

Another update:
My Head unit conked out and it was anyways around 7 years old so got a new one.
Got a JVC KD-X30. Pretty good HU. I don't use CDs anyways and usually play music from my phone. Hence, an Aux and USB port were
all i needed.
Good, do share the cost and pic's..[:)]

Thread Starter #49
You can cruise at 80 kmph if you need good mileage or 100 is fine.
I usually cruise around 100-110...

So you also need a jack set ? Timing belt might cost around 500 rs.

Good, do share the cost and pic's..[:)]
My car seems fine around 80. After that I'm not sure if its the wheel alignment but it gets a bit jittery. Ill stick to around 80-90 on my drive i guess.

The timing belt cost me Rs 700. Might be around the same for the Esteem. Wanted to ask what is the timing belt tensioner?

I'll post the pics of the HU tomorrow. Will take a couple of pics with my phone. The HU cost me Rs 4500.

Timing belt tensioner is nothing but a wheel & spring holding the timing belt in place (it tightens the belt so that the belt wont slip)..

Thread Starter #51
How do i check if my front suspension is working fine?

Are there any bushes, bearings that should also be checked along with the suspension?

I did the press down and leave check. Both the sides the suspension comes up instantly in one flow. But the right side makes a squeak while doing it.

The reason I am asking about the suspension is to know whether the sound i get - tak tak tak - when i go over uneven road is because of the suspension.

Or is this sound normal in the Maruti 800 and is easily audible because of the low sound deadening in the car.

Below are couple of pics of my JVC system. Not very clear as i took it from my phone.

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #53
They said the steering will need service. They said they will do it during the next service and is fine as of now.

I think it might be the lower arm bushes because i get a similar sound from both ends. How much would these cost?

Thread Starter #55
Okay. Think I will get that done then.

Thanks,

Any suggestions on stuff I will need to take along on a long drive? Any essential parts or tools?

Not many tools needed. Keep a screw driver, jack set, wheel spanner, 10 size spanner and 12 size. (Many nuts can be found with these two sizes).

Thread Starter #57
Thanks will take those along.

Is a hard clutch pedal a symptom for the clutch to be changed? I dont find any slippage in the clutch, but the clutch pedal is really hard. Over the last week, I drove everyday to office and now my knee hurts because of the hard pedal.

Thanks will take those along.

Is a hard clutch pedal a symptom for the clutch to be changed? I dont find any slippage in the clutch, but the clutch pedal is really hard. Over the last week, I drove everyday to office and now my knee hurts because of the hard pedal.
You can give a try by getting the clutch cable changed, if the issue persists replace the clutch & pressure plate..

Thread Starter #59
Got the clutch pedal problem rectified. It is much softer now. The clutch and pressure plate are still good.

I also got my front suspension overhauled. The difference is truly audible or let's say not. There is no tak tak noise on bad roads.

The following parts were changed:

Mount Stabilizer Bar - 2
Bushing, Stabilizer Bar - 4
Arm Assy Front Suspension Control - 2

with labour the overhaul costs me Rs 1600. They also fixed the brake noise issue. My right side disk has scored a bit and hence the sound. Will be changed during the next service.

Also on the list for the next service, is a steering overhaul.

Last edited:

Top Bottom