My Maruti 800: Ownership Thread

Thread Starter #18
^^ I don't have pictures from before the service. Was not a member of TAI, so never thought of clicking pictures. I shall click a few interior pictures soon. However, it is pretty much bone-stock.

Thread Starter #19
I got my Air conditioner serviced today after threading in the Bangalore afternoon's for a few days. The A/C well does not make a big difference as far as cooling the cabin goes, but at least it blows some cold air towards the front passengers. Maybe, it would perform a bit better in milder temperatures and with some good sun films. How are the A/Cs on fellow M-800 owners' cars performing?

Couple of pictures of the gas charging.

Attachments

Sorry mate my car's A/C totally not working !! [sad] By the way how much did they charge you to fill up the gas ? Did you fill up R12 / 134a ?

Hi I can see the air filter pipe is different from other 800's.. did you change it ?

Thread Starter #21
My car needs R134A. I guess the older ones had R12. I am not sure if R12 is available anymore. Anyway, they charged me 1400 for the complete service. I have no clue if that was too much.

I had no clue the air filter pipe is different. As i you might know I don't know too much about what has happened with this car. Of recent no i haven't changed the pipe. Will look at pictures of your engine bay to see the difference. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Yes, pretty much just a top up. The cooling is just okay. You know how hot it gets in the afternoon's these days and that is when I had the A/C switched on today. It wasn't doing a great job at cooling. Although, for me it is a bit refreshing because there is cool air blowing at my face. The air coming from the A/C though is much cooler from what it was before the top up.

One thing I noticed was there was too much heat coming in from the windshield and windows. I guess with the not so powerful A/C of the M-800 a investment in good sun films which would help keep this heat out is a must.

Thread Starter #25
Hi guys,

Been a long time since i have posted. Been a bit all over the place lately. Still driving the M-800 though[:)]. Nothing much has changed with the car. I had to change the alternator though. It completely died on me.

Got a denso 3 pin alternator. Had a few wiring issues with the fuel pump which was also fixed.

Next in line is to get all my brakes serviced. Found a reliable mechanic in Ulsoor, Bangalore and will be going to him going forward. I also have to get a suspension overhaul. Actually im assuming only the front two sets as the back two were supposedly changed recently.

One more question, now that i have a new alternator. But the normal one, no mods. how much load should it be able to take?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Been a long time since i have posted. Been a bit all over the place lately. Still driving the M-800 though[:)]. Nothing much has changed with the car. I had to change the alternator though. It completely died on me.

Got a denso 3 pin alternator. Had a few wiring issues with the fuel pump which was also fixed.

Next in line is to get all my brakes serviced. Found a reliable mechanic in Ulsoor, Bangalore and will be going to him going forward. I also have to get a suspension overhaul. Actually im assuming only the front two sets as the back two were supposedly changed recently.

One more question, now that i have a new alternator. But the normal one, no mods. how much load should it be able to take?
Good to see you back in action..

Assuming that you have got the stock alternator, it can handle upto 40amps. Which is only enough for basic accessories.

When getting brakes serviced also if budget permits get a booster installed it will improve the braking (cost 3.5k).

Thread Starter #28
^^ Its good to be back.

So by basic accessories. Would it be able to run a proper ice setup (with amp n woofer) + ac+ headlamps at the same time?

^^ Its good to be back.

So by basic accessories. Would it be able to run a proper ice setup (with amp n woofer) + ac+ headlamps at the same time?
It would be able to run only if the head lamps are stock (55 watts bulbs).
But blower with full speed + HL + ICE not sufficient.

When you had to change the alternator why not upgrade it.

I am using swift 70 amps alternator from swift.

Thread Starter #30
^^ Well, ideally i would have liked to. But the way things played out i could not get it done.

On one of those Neelam rain days in Bangalore, my car would not start in a place i had parked in indiranagar. So i had to push start the car with the help of a security gaurd and took it to the nearest station i knew, which was UM motors. There once they had diagnosed the problem to be a kaput alternator i had to go ahead and get a new one. The old one was not charging the battery at all.

However, as a long term project i could think about getting this done on a later day.

Btw, in that case should i scrap the idea of getting an amp and a sub for my ice?

Last edited:

Top Bottom