My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Truly a Breed Apart - Now 23,000+ Kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #32
Re: My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Truly a Breed Apart

My Manza has crossed 5000 km mark in a little less than 3 months,thanks to three trips to Chennai. It is due for the second service.

For the last trip Chennai, I got 20.1 kmpl with AC. Top speed touched was 150 kmph - just to see what it could do. It could have gone faster, but it was a bit shaky at those speeds. For most part of the drive I was doing 80 to 100 kmph. I prefer a steady 90 kmph for this car and it is butter smooth at these speeds.

City milage still remains around the 14 kmpl mark. Hope this will improve. The average shown in the display is always 1.5 to 2 km more.

Hello Highway Ranger,
I will follow your advice on high beam settings, meanwhile I have a small query since you have completed over 6000 kms by now, did your car moved (drift)to left when driving specially when it was new & has that been corrected over after the tyre burn in?

My new manza aura abs drifts to left & I am told that the tyre needs some period of burn in & then it will automatically get corrected.

Another issue not sure if its a malfunction, the immobilizer indicator (red lock icon) keeps on blinking when I am outside the car, is it suppose to do that or it should stop when the door is locked.

I found that red lock blinking means that the immobilizer is active so it cant be opened with any other key, so its a normal behavior which I didn't know about.

Another question I have regarding which fuel to use.
The Tata dealer when handing the keys for my new Manza told me that quadrajet
engine does not need premium fuel you can use normal diesel too without a
problem, My 1st tank full have done me 700kms (still some fuel left for 98kms)&
today I should be getting tank fulled again.

Normal diesel or premium diesel?

Thread Starter #38

Hi Gypsy,

The drifting in manza - I did a test on a straight road. The problem is not the car drifting to any side. The actual problem is to point the car straight. Once the the car is pointed straight it stays that way.

I dont know how to explain this. In my earlier cars the streering will automatically center and the car will go straight. Somehow in Manza the centering does not seem to be accurate. Hence it might slightly drift to the right or left. However, once we manually keep the car on a straight line, it stays on track even with hands off.

I am not sure if it has to do with the power steering system in Manza being light. My earlier cars had electorinc power steering.

But if the car is always drifting to one particular side, I think it needs attention.

The actual problem is to point the car straight. Once the the car is pointed straight it stays that way.
Yes you said it right, when the car is actually going straight the steering is not centered, that's the 1st thing I complained before taking delivery but the GM of urmil motors convinced me that this problem is due to new tyre & once they get bit used to road this will get corrected, I have done 700kms but this has not corrected as yet, I am thinking to shoot a video of the left drifting & show you here & mail it to tata motors too.
However, once we manually keep the car on a straight line, it stays on track even with hands off.
In my case this does happen, the moment I leave the steering @80kmph speed on a 3 lane highway driving in 1st lane within 70-80mts the car will be on the 3 lane, this sound too unusual to me, either I have to learn driving again (after 20yrs of driving) or there is something mesterious about manza which I am not able to understand not the workshop people are able to solve the problem. They are stuck with same answer it will sort out once the Tyre get burn in they will follow the road straight.

Does the manza not have electronic power steering?

Last edited by a moderator:

i would say instead of going tata go in market for alignment . you can visit rajouri garden . there is sardarji which have good machine and knowledge . Give it try there .
When you will reach at rajouri market red light . before turning right to enter market go straight at corner there is alloy shop . ask the owner he will help you . i get my all cars from there.

Note: More posts related to Manza Alignment issue moved here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...and-new-tata-indigo-manza-pulling-left-3.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello
I too wasn't happy with the Music quality on the whole. When asked to an expert he said that the Speakers have max output of 40watts and also the output from the System itself isn't much. He suggested me to upgrade the speakers. Installed a Pair of JBL speakers and Wow instantly the difference was very good.
Then to get the best of the speakers I installed an Amp. Sony xplod and the result was too good. The expert said that not all amps will work for this . I got some pics . Don't remember the model though.

I really think Manza is definitely better than its rivals. The diesel is terrific value for money. It offers the perfect blend of space, comfort and features. Some of the features it offers are a segment above. Also the mid range torque is good which makes overtaking quite effortless.

There are two screws on each head lamp assembly for high beam adjustment. One moves the high beam horizontally (left/right) and the other moves the high beam vertically (up/down).

The screws are located down and to access the left high beam screws, the battery has to be removed. For the right side, the air intake hose has to be removed.
I have got this adjustment done (not in my presence) at 2 different workshops but none has been able to perfectly do it, Both of them have said that you dont need to open anything & the images indeed show taht the screw are indeed accessible by Allen key.

I drive at night 100+ speed on expressway & find that the headlights are quite bright but not somehow focused as my old Indica used to have it spot on the road which allowed me to see far off & if need I could brake well in time or steer.a

Can you tell me me which screw does vertical adjustment as I am thinking to do this myself in the night on a deserted road just to be sure about the spot, since in the workshop they do it on a wall & in daytime their adjustment is not working satisfactory for me at least.

Attachments

Hi Gypsy,

The photo shows the screws for Loe Beam vertical & Horizontal adjustments.
The High Beam adjustments are behing High Beam Dome 2 screws (Plastic - Black). One for horizontal adjustment is easily visiable but the other for vertical adjustment is below the wire leads.

Self had the same problem, but once got it adjusted it is just fine. Thanx to HighwayRanger!
Sandeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom