My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Truly a Breed Apart - Now 23,000+ Kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #709
Hmm, that is bit surprising HR, can you please explain the reasons for selling Manza and buying a Honda City
no rhyme or reason... just followed my heart.

That's a good deal IMO.
Does your yearly running justifies a Petrol car?

Please post some:kewlpics: of Honda city.
Not sure about the justification for a petrol car. I go to office only once a week... that makes it like 250 to 300 kms per month (3600 kms per year).

2 long trips a year, say 2500 kms

and some nearby weekend trips and trips to Chennai, say another 3000 kms

A total of around 9000 kms per year.

@HR

Sorry if I am pushing you too much, but I was following your Manza thread since long so with this reason, I am eager to find what happened at a sudden and what is the reason going for a pre-owned city just to understand.

Thread Starter #712
same here buddy. Sold my Manza and driving a Fiesta.
I feel that is a good decision. Enjoy your new car!

@HR

Sorry if I am pushing you too much, but I was following your Manza thread since long so with this reason, I am eager to find what happened at a sudden and what is the reason going for a pre-owned city just to understand.
RK, Since your were following this thread, you would be aware of the numerous issues I had with this car. I was forgiving as the car met our needs.

Then the first on-road breakdown. Like you said, one breakdown does not warrant a change of car. Tried to hold on to it.

Then the engine noise - for which they suspected the timing chain. They changed the timing chain and the noise had become much louder and scary. I was not sure if these guys would be able to identify the problem...let alone fix it.

Just had enough of Tata.

Sad to hear, that you sold your beautiful car.

Anyhow, Congrats for your New car and have a pleasant trips [:)]
Thank you Appu. Hope to see you at Vellore on our way to Chennai for Christmas. Planning to install the same security system for this car also. Hope that shop does it for City also.

Phew! Already sold...[:D]

Yes... the tyres, battery and the insurance that is due in Feb. [;)]

Sold it for 4.25 and got a Honda city S MT that has run around 24K.
Congrats on the City, and discussing with you over phone, it was evident only City can be replacement of Manza.

Still I feel, you got less price, anyway...

Where is the new thread ?

@HR

I personally feel that there is something wrong with your Manza where these many issues cropped up within 23k kilometers where we have a Manza with my friend which already crossed 60k and going strong and never had these kind of issues.

I also feel that City cannot justify after you drive Manza as it will be behind in space, ground clearance especially and also the fuel prices and efficiency

But yearly running(9kkm) justifies a petrol car only and same is true for your driving style. I always wonder why a diesel car was chosen in the past?
His running has come down now, earlier (when he bought it) it was higher.

Only issue with Honda City will be low GC as he often travels to remote areas with bad roads/barely roads.

Thread Starter #719
I'll check with him this weekend and let you know.
Thanks Appu. Hope to see you soon.

Congrats on the City, and discussing with you over phone, it was evident only City can be replacement of Manza.

Where is the new thread ?
Thanks anshuman8. Finalized the deal only yesterday. Wanted to call you after the deal. Couldn't find time...[embarass]

BTW, City SMT comes with factory fitted front armrest...[;)]

Win some... lose some...

@HR

I personally feel that there is something wrong with your Manza where these many issues cropped up within 23k kilometers where we have a Manza with my friend which already crossed 60k and going strong and never had these kind of issues.
Very true. There were a lot of things wrong with the car. That is why I sold it.[;)]

BTW, Apart from the clutch slave cylinder breakdown and the engine noise, all the other problems I faced were faced by some other Manza owners also. (some in this forum itself).

@HR
I also feel that City cannot justify after you drive Manza as it will be behind in space, ground clearance especially and also the fuel prices and efficiency
I chose City after a lot of deliberation. Only City fit our current need.

But yearly running(9kkm) justifies a petrol car only and same is true for your driving style. I always wonder why a diesel car was chosen in the past?
Tornado, when I bought Manza, I had to go to office every day. So, that added another 8000 kms to the yearly run, totalling around 17000 kms per year.

Only issue with Honda City will be low GC as he often travels to remote areas with bad roads/barely roads.
True. But I am used to Zen which also had low GC. Another comforting factor is that mostly it will be only me and my wife. Less load on the car. Today I took the car to office and managed to avoid scraping speed bumps. And also got a average of 13.4 kmpl on the MID with AC on 50%. Need to check full tank to full tank. But then, you can't win them all.

Yes, little worrisome from his ' wildlife photography `thread POV.
Yes. That is a concern. I will have to thread carefully.

Last edited:
For this running and hobbies, I would have suggested Ecoboost ES or Terrano.
But 24 kkm run city must be a VFM deal. How much did it cost you? I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom