My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Truly a Breed Apart - Now 23,000+ Kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tornado, the kluck kkluck sound is not related to the clutch and is a potential disaster waiting to happen
If this is the fate then what they are doing as quoted bellow is simply ridiculous and hopeless.
What the service guys think is that it is due to the tensioner of the timing chain. They want to change the chain and the tensioner. Now, as they are not 100% sure that is the cause, they are afraid to charge me.
It is ok if TASS is unsure , but the TML guys are also unsure which is really[frustration]

The car is under extended warranty. But they cannot change a part because of some noise. So the Tata guy advised the Tass to raise a breakdown case and get the chain assembly replaced, and then check if the noise disappears.

Tass were to raise the issue this Monday, but the breakdown on the same day has spoiled that plan.
Why the hell they expect only one issue to arise at a time ?AFA automobiles are concerned I have never came accross such a frustrating excuse.

The extended warranty works like insurance. Tass will inform the external agency and have to get the claim approved for repairs under warranty.
why the heck TML does not have control on the warranty guys ?
They cannot present 2 different/unrelated claims at the same time. [
Childish excuse indeed [frustration], Have they mentioned it in the warranty booklet, if no then , scold them and get it done.They need to come clean on this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #692
^^ :agree:

Anyway got the part, (clutch slave cylinder), replaced FOC. Took the car for a long drive - to Chennai. Didn't face any issue.

Had a puncture on the way back. Noticed it (less air pressure), when we parked at Saravanabhavan, Velore for breakfast. Had a meet with AppU and he guided me to a puncture shop and got it done. (a small nail was the culprit). We exchanged cars and drove in the highway for around 10 kms just to get the feel of each other's car.

Still need to replace the timing chain and check for engine noise. I am going for another long drive this weekend to test a new camera. So I will give the car for chain replacement after that. I hope to take a day off and be with the car as it gets repaired. Don't trust these guys these days.

^^ :agree:

Anyway got the part, (clutch slave cylinder), replaced FOC. Took the car for a long drive - to Chennai. Didn't face any issue.

Had a puncture on the way back. Noticed it (less air pressure), when we parked at Saravanabhavan, Velore for breakfast. Had a meet with AppU and he guided me to a puncture shop and got it done. (a small nail was the culprit). We exchanged cars and drove in the highway for around 10 kms just to get the feel of each other's car.

Still need to replace the timing chain and check for engine noise. I am going for another long drive this weekend to test a new camera. So I will give the car for chain replacement after that. I hope to take a day off and be with the car as it gets repaired. Don't trust these guys these days.
I drove HR's Manza in city limits as well as in NH.

I found Three difference between My Vista and HR's Manza.

1. Clutch
2. Brake
3. Power

1. Clutch: I felt the clutch is little hard in Manza when compare to my Vista.

2. Brake: Manza's breaks are excellent. but, Vista breaks are sharp when compare to Manza.

3. Power: As we all know Manza have 90HP engine, the power delivery was excellent. I can able to feel the Turbo Punch in Manza, which gave the awesome feeling while driving in NH. I took till 150+Kmph in Vellore NH. Manza was very very stable & I never felt that I've done 150+Kmph. Manza handled in such a high speed brilliantly and the Suspension done its fantastic job. It was a Luxuries feeling while traveling in Manza.

Here is my opinion about HR's Manza, which I took after driving it: The Power & comfort never match to any car in its segment. It is "Truly a Breed Apart[:)]"

Last edited:
Thread Starter #694
Little hard is an understatement. Compared to my car Vista's clutch is very soft, like the Maruti swift, great to use.

2. Brake: Manza's breaks are excellent. but, Vista breaks are sharp when compare to Manza.
Vista's brakes are sharp (but without feedback. May get used to it in time). Manza's brakes have a nice feedback and are pretty effective.

3. Power: As we all know Manza have 90HP engine, the power delivery was excellent. I can able to feel the Turbo Punch in Manza, which gave the awesome feeling while driving in NH. I took till 150+Kmph in Vellore NH. Manza was very very stable & I never felt that I've done 150+Kmph. Manza handled in such a high speed brilliantly and the Suspension done its fantastic job. It was a Luxuries feeling while traveling in Manza
That is understandable as Manza has a 90bhp engine. So it is no surprise that Vista feels sluggish. If the car handles as well as you described with this set of tyres, it should be even better when I change the tyres.[:D]

Here is my opinion about HR's Manza, which I took after driving it: The Power & comfort never match to any car in its segment. It is "Truly a Breed Apart[:)]"
Thanks AppU. That is the one of the reasons why I am hesitant to sell the car...

Ohh, so many things happening here and I was not aware. Was not in the forum now a days.

Highway Ranger, sad to know about the break down issue. Break downs are always irritating.
(As far as I know, Tata Motors Customer care has got a running program to ensure that any stranded Tata make passenger vehicle has to be assisted to reach nearest TASS at the earliest irresespective of the location)

Its funny to read that the car break down happened after TML person suggested TASS to raise a break down service request.

I drove HR's Manza in city limits as well as in NH.
I found Three difference between My Vista and HR's Manza.

3. Power: As we all know Manza have 90HP engine, the power delivery was excellent. I can able to feel the Turbo Punch in Manza, which gave the awesome feeling while driving in NH. I took till 150+Kmph in Vellore NH. Manza was very very stable & I never felt that I've done 150+Kmph. Manza handled in such a high speed brilliantly and the Suspension done its fantastic job. It was a Luxuries feeling while traveling in Manza.
Here is my opinion about HR's Manza, which I took after driving it: The Power & comfort never match to any car in its segment. It is "Truly a Breed Apart"
Good to hear that you people met and exchanged driving experience.
Never knew that new Vista clutch is very smooth.
Manza braking as mentioned by Highway Ranger is excellent and effective and got a nice feed back.

Power surge feeling is not only because of the 90 HP but also due to the fact that Manza has an VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo) where as it is FGT (Fixed Geometry Turbo) in Vista.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #696
To get over the fear of breakdowns and to re-establish our trust in our car, we, my wife and I, took the car on a real testing drive last weekend.

Bangalore -> Chennai -> Kolli Hills -> Bangalore.

So the route had stretches where I could open up the engine to over 150kmph for long periods, around 200 odd hairpin bends on a narrow ghat road, (some good and some real bad stretches), to test the steering, suspensions, and our endurance, totally without cell coverage (a acid test our courage/or stupidity), reaching places where there are hardly any soul around,(leave alone, other mode of transport).

This was a do or die run for the car and well, it came out great handling everything without any problem.

To get over the fear of breakdowns and to re-establish our trust in our car, we, my wife and I, took the car on a real testing drive last weekend.

Bangalore -> Chennai -> Kolli Hills -> Bangalore.

So the route had stretches where I could open up the engine to over 150kmph for long periods, around 200 odd hairpin bends on a narrow ghat road, (some good and some real bad stretches), to test the steering, suspensions, and our endurance, totally without cell coverage (a acid test our courage/or stupidity), reaching places where there are hardly any soul around,(leave alone, other mode of transport).

This was a do or die run for the car and well, it came out great handling everything without any problem.

Happy to hear that you reclaimed your trust on your Manza[clap]

That is the reason, I told you to go for a long trip in Manza.

I'm sure your Manza will take care of you at situation, Be happy & start to explore some unexplored places in Manza[cheers]

Thread Starter #698
Happy to hear that you reclaimed your trust on your Manza[clap]

That is the reason, I told you to go for a long trip in Manza.

I'm sure your Manza will take care of you at situation, Be happy & start to explore some unexplored places in Manza[cheers]
Thanks Appu.

Update on the engine noise - timing chain

Last week when I called up the Concorde CRM about the noise and the timing chain replacement, he tried to wash his hands off by saying there will be no free replacement of parts just for noise.

I told him "Fine. No issues, Let me talk to Tatamotors." Then he said "Sir, please wait a few days and I will get back to you". I told him that this was dragging on and on and I want to close it now once for all. He said that he will try again and let me know.

Today, when I called him, he said that he has got the approval and that he will get the chain, (and whatever related parts), replaced. Now the issue is they do not have the part in the inventory and have to place an order. This might take a few more days.

I also insisted that they should replace the oil back to the Castrol synthetic oil as recommended by Tata originally. They agreed.

In the meantime another issue has surfaced.[frustration] The front passenger side glass makes a Kut, Kut, sound when rolling down. Some gear slippage, I guess. They agreed to rectify that also.

In the meantime another issue has surfaced.[frustration] The front passenger side glass makes a Kut, Kut, sound when rolling down. Some gear slippage, I guess. They agreed to rectify that also.
oh. thats so sad. even some of my friends told about the gear slippage in their Manza's as well. its nice to hear that T.A.S.S has agreed to rectify it. But make it sure that you test it well before taking it out of their service center when the issue is fixed.

@ Highway Ranger
Self have faced the side glass issue on driver side had have replaced the power window winding. Now is time for the passenger side.

Hi All,

My experience has been mixed one with Manza Aura + , I have faced many issues in last three years such as noise while turning , hard clutch, soft brakes, air bag light coming on, check engine light on, overheating of engine, engine noise, driver window mechanism jammed etc. The parts that have been replaced are clutch, engine tensioner , window mechanism, clutch plate, side mirror switch, wipers.

I am highly disappointed with corrosion protection , paint finish which is showing severe corrosion attack all around the body such as bonnet, door frame, boots, doors etc. Vehicle has done just 30,000 Kms in last three years and has gothic olive.

Complain to Tata Motors about corrosion has got no response and service centre has no solution to the problem of corrosion / rusting all around the body of car.

This seems to be typical problem of all Tata vehiles which lack the quality in material used to built the car and corrosion protection.

I do not know how to correct it, any suggestion?

Best regards,

Prashant

Thread Starter #705
Hey are you selling your Manza
Phew! Already sold...[:D]

You took decision before tyre /battery change really in time.
How much has been offered to you?
What's on agenda now.
Yes... the tyres, battery and the insurance that is due in Feb. [;)]

Sold it for 4.25 and got a Honda city S MT that has run around 24K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom