My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Truly a Breed Apart - Now 23,000+ Kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Truly a Breed Apart

Hi Sandeep,
If your description is correct that means both the workshop people have been adjusting the low Beam as none of them has opened the headlight & they told me that they have done the job.

Feel like banging my head with this new manza purchase [frustration], giving me problems since day one more due to poor ASS from Tata workshops.

Can you confirm that after adjustment the high beam focuses fine at far way distance without throwing light up to the opposite incoming traffic?

Thread Starter #47

Hi Ranjan,

Sandeep is correct. Those guys have been adjusting the low beam. Tata ASS is bad. However once you esclate to Tata motors, at least in my case, things got done super fast and to my satisfaction.

So far I have covered around 6800 km and the car is great. No problems. Will be going on a long drive next weekend. Will post details after that.

Some of the features while good in a way will hinder us sometimes. For example the cabin and the dicky lights which have timer to trun off after some time is a pain if you are loading up at night and are not fast enough. The lights go off in the middle of loading. Wish tata has provided a manual override for this. Any workaround for this?

Milage in Bangalore 14.7 - last fulltank

My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Problems Faced so far

Hello,
Would like to share some of the problems which I faced and noticed.

1. If you switch on the rear defroster and turn off the car the defroster still stays on. Other manza users have the same problem? Does it switch off automatically after some time? [shock]

2. Have noticed a loud thud sound from front right suspension when full turn as if someone has been banging with a hammer. When asked about this to the service people they said its a design fault and will be rectified soon.

3. The headlight switch. When the knob is turned sometimes the head light doesn't come on. When you tap the switch only then it comes on. Also noticed that when switching from High to low beam or when using Pass switch the light goes off for a few seconds. They say its the fault of the switch and the entire Kit has to be changed. Did it . was under warranty

4. The window frame. One day I noticed that the rear back left window was making a screeching sound when moved. Afraid that the glass might break I took it to the service station and they said that a lock which holds the glass has broken . Replaced it with a new one. Then after a week the right back window same problem.

5. The side indicators on the A-pillar careful with those rubber beading because if you just pull it out it the entire assembly comes off. I showed it to the service guys and they fixed it with Feviquick. [frustration]

6. Went on a long trip and just in case took the spare key too.
its just been 3 months since we got the car and during this trip the battery for the remote key died. Could see the red Led on the key fading away. I was just thinking that I had a Roots installed central lock installed on my zen and that was working just fine for more than a year and half. This in just three months the battery is over? I really couldn't believe it.

7. On the front seat many at times when you get up the plastic frame under the seat will get caught on your trousers.

I still don't believe that TATA offers an extended warranty with all these problems. [confused]

Will put up the pics soon.

Others Manza users too faced these ? Let me know .

Re: My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Problems Faced so far

Hello,
Would like to share some of the problems which I faced and noticed.

1. If you switch on the rear defroster and turn off the car the defroster still stays on. Other manza users have the same problem? Does it switch off automatically after some time? [shock]
We have base model no idea
2. Have noticed a loud thud sound from front right suspension when full turn as if someone has been banging with a hammer. When asked about this to the service people they said its a design fault and will be rectified soon.
We had the same , service ppl said its occurring in some cars. replaced wheel bearing , knuckle bearing , ball joints etc. read my manza thread
3. The headlight switch. When the knob is turned sometimes the head light doesn't come on. When you tap the switch only then it comes on. Also noticed that when switching from High to low beam or when using Pass switch the light goes off for a few seconds. They say its the fault of the switch and the entire Kit has to be changed. Did it . was under warranty
when we put right indicator , the whole pilot lamps ON position like pilot lamp , tail lamp , instrument cluster lamp switch off for a sec and on. less than a sec. yet to be rectified.
4. The window frame. One day I noticed that the rear back left window was making a screeching sound when moved. Afraid that the glass might break I took it to the service station and they said that a lock which holds the glass has broken . Replaced it with a new one. Then after a week the right back window same problem.

5. The side indicators on the A-pillar careful with those rubber beading because if you just pull it out it the entire assembly comes off. I showed it to the service guys and they fixed it with Feviquick. [frustration]

No other way , we didnt face any till now

its just been 3 months since we got the car and during this trip the battery for the remote key died. Could see the red Led on the key fading away. I was just thinking that I had a Roots installed central lock installed on my zen and that was working just fine for more than a year and half. This in just three months the battery is over? I really couldn't believe it.
Wiring fault , check them

7. On the front seat many at times when you get up the plastic frame under the seat will get caught on your trousers.
Wear pants ! hehe . till now have not experiences them

I still don't believe that TATA offers an extended warranty with all these problems. [confused]

Will put up the pics soon.

Others Manza users too faced these ? Let me know .

Find my replies in bold.

Extended warrenty is helpfull for ac and alternator issues. rest of thing covered in extended warrenty do not die that easily.

We didnt took the extended warrenty

Re: My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Problems Faced so far

Yes the Demister switches off automatically after 15 minutes. I dont own a Manza but it does switch off automatically in my City and Civic.

What was done during the last repairs? Is the screesching noise due to glass scratching or is it the noise of the motor.

Thats the indeginous way of solving the problems by Tata. I believe Tata guys know most of the "JUGAD" solutions.

Try changing the remote batteries. I know it is too early for the batteries to drain, but try changing the batteries. If the problem re-occurs get in touch with the A.S.S. The remote batteries of my Indigo too conked off within a year!

That must be due to some loose plastic part that may be hanging loose.

Thread Starter #51

Hi Vimal/Ilango,

My odometer is edging close to the 7000km mark. And I am driving down to Tirunelveli to attend a wedding tomorrow. I will post in detail after the trip.

I have not been facing the issues that you guys are facing. I think the indicator assembly for some batches were troublesome and that has been noted (Tata is aware of this) and rectified. You can get the whole assembly replaced with the later trouble free batch free of cost.

About the rear demister, I guess Akash is right because every time I restart the car during the rains, I have to manually press the demister button to activate it. I guess when we power off the car, the demister switch resets to OFF position.

Off topic.

I have recently purchased an android phone and I am really amazed by the applications one can install on the phone. The GPS is working perfect, the voice navigation, GPS speed and trip tracker, wow, I am having fun with the car and the phone. And this phone pairs with the car bluetooth perfectly. My previous phone didnt sync properly and I could not download the phone book to the car.

About the rear demister, I guess Akash is right because every time I restart the car during the rains, I have to manually press the demister button to activate it. I guess when we power off the car, the demister switch resets to OFF position.
Yes, it is almost same with every car. Once activated the demister remains ON for certain amount of time and automatically swtiches OFF after that stipulated interval.

Hi Sandeep,
If your description is correct that means both the workshop people have been adjusting the low Beam as none of them has opened the headlight & they told me that they have done the job.

Feel like banging my head with this new manza purchase [frustration], giving me problems since day one more due to poor ASS from Tata workshops.

Can you confirm that after adjustment the high beam focuses fine at far way distance without throwing light up to the opposite incoming traffic?
Hi Gypsy,

The Lights are pefect after the adjustments, But still thinking of upgrading the lights to Philips X-treme Vision for more light with same Watts.

Hi

Has anyone tried Changing the Fog Lamps??

I feel it is too low on power.

Regards,
Sandeep

Hi Gypsy,

The Lights are pefect after the adjustments, But still thinking of upgrading the lights to Philips X-treme Vision for more light with same Watts.
In my case I am told by tata engineers that newer manza dont have the option of adjusting the high beam at all, only older manza you could do it. I am struck as I high beam is useless & overlaps almost the same area with brighter light of low beam.
Stupid manza designers thought.

I have to travel at night on expressway & high beam is not focused far enough for 100-120kmph driving at all which I use to do it comfortably with older Indica V2.

I doubt if I change to Philips X-treme Vision or any other brighter bulb how will I focus them? I don't need more light I need them to focus far away.

Yes, it is almost same with every car. Once activated the demister remains ON for certain amount of time and automatically swtiches OFF after that stipulated interval.
Normally the demister should switch off when we turn off the car and take out the keys right. Here it doesnt. and neither can I urn it off then the key is out. I got to again put the Ignition and then switch it off.

Thread Starter #57

9000 km update[clap]

Went for 2 long trips, one to Tirunelveli which is around 600 km from Bangalore and another to Chennai 336 km.

On the Tirunelveli trip Manza ran 19.5 km per litre of diesel (95% AC). Left Bangalore at 5 am, stopped for breakfast at A2B Thoppur and reached Tirunelveli at 1:15 pm just in time for lunch. The roads were great and the drive was cool with no issues whatsoever with the car. The average trip speed was 86 kmph and the top speed 140 Kmph.

Used sygic navigator (for Android) for the trip and it was pretty accurate. the navigation was accurate even in a small town called Virudhunagar.

The cross wind between Koilpatti and Tirunelveli was pretty scarry, almost pushing the car.

Last weekend went to Chennai and got my best FE 22.8 KMPL (95% AC).
Bangalore city milage is still around 15 Kmpl.

Will be going on another long trip on the 15th of this month, this time to Nazareth, Kanyakumari, Muttum, and nearby places.

The car is due for the 3rd service, which I will do after the trip. Don't know if I should change the oil now. The manual says 20000 km or one year.

During these long trips, I checked the car for straight line driveablity and found no problem. Also checked the tyres after the drive for any uneven tyre wear. Found none.

I am very satisfied with the car's performance on long trips. Absolutely no regrets other than the stupid ASS.

That's a great FE which you are getting buddy that too with the AC on almost always. Good to hear that you are not suffering from the left pull issue and happy with the car.

Some recent pictures of your car if any taken during the trip will be nice.

top speed 140 Kmph.
Wao! you are lucky to have her driven at that speed, mine will become unstable at 120 onwards.
Last weekend went to Chennai and got my best FE 22.8 KMPL (95% AC).
Thats one good thing about manza for which I bought the car & from the day one even in run-in period I am getting 21-22kmph but more of fuel has been burned in the workshop due to ongoing problem.
Don't know if I should change the oil now
Stick to what manual says unless you have been driving in very dusty conditions.
During these long trips, I checked the car for straight line driveablity and found no problem. Also checked the tyres after the drive for any uneven tyre wear. Found none.
Glad that your manza runs straight but TML is having hard time to believe that any manza runs straight & have no answers to my question which I emailed to them & have been repeatedly saying that manza wont run straight on road if you leave the steering, where as my manza now runs almost 90% straight,I know there is an error in the reading but they are not able to solve it finally they will take the car to another wheel alignment shop for getting it fully rectified.
Absolutely no regrets other than the stupid ASS.
ASS is not just stupid but dumb ass who don't even use common sense to root out the problem which is apparently visible.

Post some pictures if you clicked it might heel some of my wounds for the time being.

Thread Starter #60

Didn't take any pictures this time as we were in a hurry to reach our destination. Will be going on a trip next week to kanyakumari. Will surely take pictures then.

@ Gypsy
I think the service guys are taking you for a ride when they say that the new manzas do not have any adjustment screws for the high beam. Just insist that they adjust the high beam. They probably do not know the location of the screws and do not want to put any effort to find them.

140 kmph was due to the fact that we had to reach our deatination for lunch. I could have avoided that if i had speeded up ealier. I was taking it easy during the first half of the journey and so the need for speed.

Personaly I enjoy driving between 80 to 100, which, for me, is relaxing.

@ Vimal

The demister is timed to go off in 15 minutes. They do not turn off even if you shut down the car. This is a feature. And I dont think it is a problem.

@ cooldhaya

The Fe of 22.8 is due to the fact that I never went past 100 kmph and was maintaining 80 to 90 all the way.

Still the city milage is not up to my expectation. around 15 now. was hoping for around 17. High hopes, I guess [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom