My Mahindra CJ4 Restoration Project

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, i am going to share some of my experience which i got from my jeep restoration process and i will post pictures showing the step by step process of my restoration.

[cheers]

I will come back shortly with the pictures, i know it is difficult to explain without the pictures

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
I'm cent percent sure that this thread is going to be very interesting. Please share the complete information of your Jeep's restoration project and some pictures soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yipee , finally a thread of my dream kind !!
i love jeep restoration . Kinda in love with mahindra!! must own one soon! !

hmm btw welcome to tai bp10 and happy to see a madrasi!!

Last edited:
Hey Prem,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
I saw your Mahindra here,and i guess that is the same jeep which you are restoring. It already looks in a great shape. Looking forward to the updates.

Welcome to TAI bp10! This thread is going to be followed with great interest by many people!

Cant wait to see the finished product!

350Z

Core Team
Really inspiring and wonderful photographs. Can you please put up the complete experience details also?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am a fan of cj , for its sharp , low bonnet .
sharp looks are great in this jeep , esp without the floor. i have seen these jeeps plying in some part of remote village and also in hill areas , esp in tirupathi where its used as taxi

My other liking is a mm540 and now like the bolero much.

Must one up one soon

hi bp10, a very warm welcome to TAI! and what a way to begin here!

expecting more information on the restoration very eagerly!

Thread Starter #14
Hi everybody. Thanks for expressing your views.

I am a great fan of jeeps. When I was a kid I use to travel in my father Govt jeep where I started to love jeeps. But my first car was Tata sierra I still love my sierra and it is still with me. Then I came across many cars but not completely satisfied. Now I am going to tell how I got this jeep.

I stay in Chennai so it very hard to find a jeep, we have to depend on Govt auction or military auction vehicles but the problem will be either with the paper work or with the vehicle or we have to compromise with the model . It’s hard to get a CJ3b or CJ4 as it served the police and military in 70’s and 80’s. I can see only gypsy or some time mm540 so I stopped my search.

After few months I and my friend Kumar were travelling to my construction site on my way I use to cross my friend’s garage and spend some time asking for any used vehicles. But this time it was little different he offered me a jeep CJ4 1970 model. I think u all know how would I have felt . I asked him to show the jeep it was parked in the next building as I went near it something told me that it is waiting for me. (If anybody watched Herby movie I think u can understand). For some reason Kumar didn’t like the jeep and asked me ignore it. then we returned home I was keep on asking him whether can we go tomorrow and see the jeep but I know he is not interested in it and can’t wait too long as it is hard to find a jeep of our kind. So I took my uncle on the same day and gave full cash but didn’t take the jeep as it had some problem with the break I asked him to repair the break and keep both the papers and jeep ready for delivery. Still I was worried that whether I will get my jeep or not then I went the next day and as promised the jeep was ready to roll.

To be continued.

Top Bottom