My Lancy Darling.

Arun

Suspended
Your interior shots make heads turn. Quite literally. Is it possible for you to rotate and put the pics?

Arun

Suspended
Arre, its okay maximas. Nice pics none the less. I downloaded and rotated them and saw the pics! I think its time for a seat cover change! Give it a fresh feel. Also, please describe the ICE! I see a Twister sub. Thats it.

Hey Maximas the interiors are too good , seat covers i feel are okay no need for replacement now.

What about the ICE? Is twister some kinda foreign brand? I have never heard the name till now!

Thread Starter #21
Yes it is time to change the seat cover it has some cracks as well .
It has a amp and pioneer HU .Amp i didnt notice the brand .

And about the front mod I was asking you all guys, I was advised to go to Coimbatore and do it and nobody here does the job but rather than travelling to Coimbatore I may do it with Ilango if I really decided to mod it now not in a mood to do it. first preference will be the dent removal and then the seat cover .

Ice is perfect so no need to change it .

Driving is a pleasure but the engine noise is on the higher side and the mechanic said that it is common with type one lancer . Used 20 50 oil is it a problem and should I go for 20/40 oil.

The first problem faced is due to my careless I left the car with its parking light on for six hours and the battery went dry then I removed the battery charged it from a battery shop and paid Rs120.
-----------Next Post-----------
Hey Maximas the interiors are too good , seat covers i feel are okay no need for replacement now.

What about the ICE? Is twister some kinda foreign brand? I have never heard the name till now!
Do you feel that way? ok I will give it a clean interior detailing and see the result and will post pics .and the floor mat is kind of fur thing which accumulates dust I intent to replace it with plastic kinda stuff for easy cleaning.

Last edited:
Yes i wanted to mention your floor mats are looking too old and dusty , replace them first. Get those rubber type which are easy for cleaning. But first use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust now.

Arun

Suspended
Maximas, the seat covers have developed cracks! A definite indication that you need a replacement. Otherwise, your interiors are looking good!

Check a CarSpa in and around your area. Give your car a proper exterior and interior wash and lets see!

Nice car man.

i prefer type 1 over type 2 looks. though both are good.

For type 2 conversion , you need a new bonnet , else a cut job in this. new head lamp and new grill.

i remember a new grill lying around with me when a car came for meshing. have to search somewhere in workshop! or customer took it along with him!

Bumpers are almost the same.

Are you asking for complete new look bumper?

where are you exactly located?

Thread Starter #25
I love type2 if i had came across a type 2 I would have paid even 30-40k extra for it :stupid:

new bonnet , headlight assemply and all [frustration] I think I should drop the idea . But dude cant we change the grill only or do a mod customized in that part only?

The south most tip of Tamil Nadu KK.

Type 2 , the present look lancer has broad grill , i mean in heigh.
the bonnet locks MAY differ , i am not sure in lock. i must ask my tinker as he worked.

to make it look like new grill , first you need a big space.
for bigger space - you need new bonnet or cut this.
if you do so you need type 2 type head lamp , either new or in 2nd hand.

If i am right , you are thinking about fresh looks.

try the basic mod- meshing all grills!
And i just now noticed , where are the front skirts?
you have oe type skirts all around!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
ilango[speed thirst];50108 said:
If i am right , you are thinking about fresh looks.

And i just now noticed , where are the front skirts?
you have oe type skirts all around!
Fresh looks or not but I love the vertical mesh part [;)]

can you explain ?

who knows about the front skirt. I know it existed, only after you told.[confused]

hey man congrats! so many lancers coming in TAI. [:)] looking nicely maintained..add details also. how old? how much mileage and all.

Model 2002 . 15kmpl in highways .Really surprised to see this kind of mileage I didnt expect this much [:D] .
Sorry for the late reply dude,CONGRATULATIONS!!!your car looks pretty neatly maintained.
Instead of changing the grill,go for mesh grills,if you don't like it,then have the type 2 grill installed with other mods like bonnet,headlights and bumper.

Top Bottom