My Kinetic ZX Restoration

deville_56

Honoured Member
Dear RVSB,sorry to hear and please try these
1. use good 2T oil(avoid oil from petrol bunks)
2. if oil pump is not working mix oil with petrol in proper ratios(25ml per Litre)
3. check air pressure regularly, if possible try to fill nitrogen(as the rear tyre is fitted to the engine, rear tyre pressure increase very fast and nitrogen helps in maintaining it)
you can understand it from the pic
View attachment 162149
View attachment 162150
check the mileage in 45-50km/h
How easy is it to remove the engine assembly from the scooter?? I want to change the bush kit, whose setup is slanted now. New rear shock also if possible.

Thread Starter #33
How easy is it to remove the engine assembly from the scooter?? I want to change the bush kit, whose setup is slanted now. New rear shock also if possible.
a little bit effort needed. please see the pics , hope you'll get an idea .
1. remove side metal panels, plastic panels as this pic.
IMG_2604.JPG
2. then silencer
IMG_2605.JPG
3. now few nut and bolts that attach engine with the chassis
IMG_2607.JPG

deville_56

Honoured Member

deville_56

Honoured Member
the bushes are in good condition, so...
what about the grab rail and foot rest? don't you get it?
No hope. Grab rail I got, footrest is hopeless. Scrap dealers never heard of this type, all they got is regular one. Guy dealing with KH parts made me wait for more than 2 years saying it will come, and now saying it's not available anymore [frustration]

Thread Starter #40
yeah sure, Dileep please send me copy of w.m in my gmail id suragaruketty@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance.
I have some snapshots of kinetic w.m like electrical circuit,carb.adjustments,etc from another automotive website. I;ll post them here.

Attachments

I took those photos from Honda NH 80 owner's manual (thanks Mr. Deville_56) and I posted those in my G+ Kinetic Honda community.

Hey,
Would love to chat with you on your restoration of the Kiney as I am also wanting to restore my old one. Please do ping me so I can get in touch with you and make my dream a reality!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom