My Italian Horse in Bossa Nova White - Fiat Punto 90HP

Thread Starter #16
Re: My Italian horse in Bossa Nova White!

Good Going Sir! Congrats on the ride. Now continue the movie, we cant wait.
thanks buddy...

congrats for the beauty mate.
Well it's raining punto's...

P.S. Please don't change a movie into a soap with episodes :biggrin: ie. we are waiting for more... [thumbsup]
Wish I could update faster, but FIAT guys prefer slow movies!

Finally time has arrived. Nice to read the buying and other reports.

And sticking to 98 PCD is the right choice you made. Are you changing tyre or continuing with GY GT3?

And last, best of luck of getting job of your field.
Nopes, I am sticking to the stock tyres since I dont wish to upsize the stock 195 section tyres.

Movie continues:

24/01/11 :

{Sad scene} Called up Fiat dealer to asked the address of their stockyard. Got a bad news that the vehicle is not yet offloaded. [cry]

Went to tyre shop & paid advance for the alloys & got it booked for me!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18

Thanks anmol. Pics will be coming soon.

25/01/11:

Today dealer called to inform that the car will be reaching their stockyard today evening or tomorrow early morning. Since it's 26th Jan tomorrow, the stockyard will be closed. So PDI will happen only on 27th now!

I am not unhappy with the dealer somehow as they have been very transparent & communicative throughout the whole process.

Oh, they are spoiling the excitement.
Rajeev, be firm if again they say some silly reasons on 27th.

Great story Raj!
Guess this is a masala mix Indian movie...Got happiness, excitement, unhappiness. Hopefully the interval should be over by tomorrow once you do a PDI.
Keep updating. Seems interesting![thumbswink]

Thread Starter #21

They are actually not delaying the delivery buddy. The sales executive had told me that my car would be delivered on 27th - plus minus 3 days. so even if he delivers the car by 30th, he has kept his promise! And I think that can happen.

Now problem is, I am going to kerela on 29th & returning only on 3rd! So most probably, I'll be taking delivery on 3rd since they wont be able to deliver the car by 28th...

A very nicely composed story raj! kudos!

Very nice to see yet another Punto coming into the forum! Congrats on your new ride!

And how come you have not shared plans about ICE planned for the Punto? Expecting some info on that too!

Thread Starter #23

Great story Raj!
Guess this is a masala mix Indian movie...Got happiness, excitement, unhappiness. Hopefully the interval should be over by tomorrow once you do a PDI.
Keep updating. Seems interesting![thumbswink]
PDI done, updated below!

A very nicely composed story raj! kudos!

Very nice to see yet another Punto coming into the forum! Congrats on your new ride!

And how come you have not shared plans about ICE planned for the Punto? Expecting some info on that too!
Thanks mate. ICEing is planned, but will be executed in due course. I dont want my darling to be ripped apart to install speakers!

27/01/11:

Called my dealer today morning to inform him that I am coming for the PDI. He informs me that the car has yet not arrived. I go [frustration].

Surprisingly the dealer calls me in the evening to tell me that my "darling" in unloaded & I can have a look at her. The dealer's stockyard is just half an hour drive from the place I am in, but that half hour seems forever!

Finally, I reached the dealer's stockyard. The stockyard is filled with TATAs, Toyotas & Fords. Wasan also deals in these brands. but no Fiats! Where is my "PINTU"? (Howz that name?)

I walk towards the office & my eyes desperately searching my Pintu. I see no Punto in the yard. I see a white Aria & manza standing in the yard but I see something peeping from between these tatas. As soon as I cross these cars, I see a white punto with her gleaming eyes in the sunset, smirking at me... I am not sure whether it's my car. I ask a staff for my car & he says that this is indeed my car... my Pintu! She was just given a bath & was all clean & sparkling.

A thorough PDI was done on my beloved. Everything seemed fine except a panel gap in the dash below the right AC vent. that can be excused since its a FIAT. YES, ITS A JAN 2011 MAKE!

All happy & excited, I wish her goodbye (only for some more days) & leave for home. Tomorrow, I will be making the balance payment. Delivery of my Pintu will be on 03/02/11.

Attachments

Raj, Pintu looks nice...Congrats on your new ride!
Hope you will spend few more sleepless nights before getting the car delivered.
Hope to see more pics soon.
Cheers,

Congrats Raj, for your new acquisition of Pintu aka Punto.[lol]
And wish you a success in your job too.
Congrats once again.

And please remove those stickers on the car.

Why don't you swap Punto with Fortuner there.

I can see a Fortuner & Endavour.

Congrats for your new acquisition Raj. I am glad that the car was washed before being shown to you. Else it is painful to see the car which is just unloaded.
BTW Pintu? How did this name strike you?

Top Bottom