My Italian Horse in Bossa Nova White - Fiat Punto 90HP

Let's organize a FIAT KI SAWAARI meet this rainy season. A long drive in the rains will be bliss.
Kash u were in Delhi. I have been also thinking of this kind of a ''Fiat Ki Sawaari'' for a long time. Just like the Hurley dudes do it, it will be a awesome site to see a line of Italian Beauties on the road. And to be part of it,wow Nirvana !!!

Hi Raj, one more thing. The music system automatically turns on n starts playing every time the vehicle is started, even if it was turned off. Is there any way to prevent it?

Thread Starter #514
Hi Raj, one more thing. The music system automatically turns on n starts playing every time the vehicle is started, even if it was turned off. Is there any way to prevent it?
Yes, go to settings from steering mounted controls, then go to media player, there will be an option called 'Autoplay' or something, change it to OFF. If you want, I can confirm the exact procedure by evening.

Yes, go to settings from steering mounted controls, then go to media player, there will be an option called 'Autoplay' or something, change it to OFF. If you want, I can confirm the exact procedure by evening.
I tried this out. This will help the first time after you plug in the usb, but if its turned on once, each time when u insert the key , and also each time u start the engine, it starts playing. [surprise]

Congrats on the beauty, Raj. The Punto looks fantastic. Guess a 7L Punto has got 5 horses more than a 10+L Corolla. Great! The driving must be fantastic. I wish that I had one car like that.

Thread Starter #518
^^^ Corolla diesel costs 15 Lacs bro. [;)]

Even though the Corolla has lesser power, the drivability is better as the Toyota's D-4D has no turbo lag because of short gearing.

It is out on the highways that the 90 horses of the Punto truly shines.

^^^ Corolla diesel costs 15 Lacs bro.

Even though the Corolla has lesser power, the drivability is better as the Toyota's D-4D has no turbo lag because of short gearing.

It is out on the highways that the 90 horses of the Punto truly shines.
Sorry for my negligence in the pricing.:stupid: I took the price of the base model. And of course, it is a sedan; you'd expect better driveability. The point is that, when I first drove my friend's Corolla AT [in Kuwait] in the flat grounds, I really didn't feel any thrill - not anywhere near what I expected. I think even the Innova performs better. The performance is not in accord with its other features.

I have seen many Puntos racing [meant going fast] past me on the highway, even when my Waggy is doing 90kmph [drive] . That should be one hell of a hatch.

Thread Starter #520
The Corolla diesel starts at 14.8 Lacs and the top end is 17 Lacs on road in Mumbai.

If you find the Corolla is unexciting, believe me, the Innova is worse. I have one! Anything above 100 kmph in the Innova is like straining the engine, at 120 kmph the engine screams like it's lungs are being pulled out!

The Corolla diesel starts at 14.8 Lacs and the top end is 17 Lacs on road in Mumbai.

If you find the Corolla is unexciting, believe me, the Innova is worse. I have one! Anything above 100 kmph in the Innova is like straining the engine, at 120 kmph the engine screams like it's lungs are being pulled out!
I thought that the Innova was an excellent vehicle, seeing the numbers on the road. They used to fly past me on the highway [when I'm doing 90-100 on my Waggy]. Didn't know it had a poor engine. [confused]

And my WagonR has a good habit. It is the old 1.1 2009 model. The noise never increases or decreases by much when you drive the car. Only the sound from the fast movement is heard. It never feels strained, but refuses to go above 120kph with full luggage on NH7 [TN]. But, believe me, my uncle has overtaken a BMW 730d at 135kmph on a straight highway. That was when only the both of us were in the car. The driver looked stunned [surprise]

Last edited:
I thought that the Innova was an excellent vehicle, seeing the numbers on the road. They used to fly past me on the highway [when I'm doing 90-100 on my Waggy]. Didn't know it had a poor engine. [confused]

And my WagonR has a good habit. It is the old 1.1 2009 model. The noise never increases or decreases by much when you drive the car. Only the sound from the fast movement is heard. It never feels strained, but refuses to go above 120kph with full luggage on NH7 [TN]. But, believe me, my uncle has overtaken a BMW 730d at 135kmph on a straight highway. That was when only the both of us were in the car. The driver looked stunned [surprise]
O_O forget BMW 730d just come race with my 320i before even you know I will vanished from your windscreen :P but if parents are with me Then you will win :p

Thread Starter #525
[cry][cry][cry]

Today, I had to take the worst decision of my life - to part with my beloved Pintu...

I am going to UK soon for higher studies. I will be there for atleast a year, could be more. Wont be coming back in between. And there is nobody to take care of my car. So, the tough decision has to be taken.

Yes, I am selling my Punto 90hp a.k.a. Pintu. Just the thought of parting with her makes me go into depression.

Top Bottom