My India Trip!

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, as you all must be knowing, i was in India from December 18, 2009 to January 10, 2010. Here is the whole experience i would like to tell you all. Also, I am travelling alone.

Dec. 18,2009
I arrived at Netaji Subhaschandra Bose Airport at 18:30. I had a train to catch at 20:30 from Howrah. Btw, I am in Kolkatta now. We were going comfortably at cruising speeds through a new highway in a Logan. But then, we hit traffic. Not just any traffic, but really dead-slow traffic. I was really getting nervous about whether i will make it or not. When I got the through traffic, a truck rammed into our car, denting the front right bumper and breaking the right ORVM. And guess what? The reason of traffic was because a truck driver was arguing with a Santro driver for cutting him. I now understood the Indian traffic! LOL. I made to the train station at 20:25. My dad's friend really was tired because he actually thought i may miss the train because even my dad missed it once because of the traffic only.
Now in the train to Patna took 12.5 hours. It was late by 4 hours.

In Patna

When I arrived in Patna, my dad came to pick me up. It was good to see him after 1.5 months. Also I finally saw my dad's office car. It was an Indigo. We had discussed about it in the older forum and finally my dad bought one. I sat in the car and it was quite comfortable and quiet in the car but the engine was LOUD! not too loud but it was hearable from the back seat. I stayed in Patna for some days, in which those days visited the Patna Zoo. I warn you in advance, it wasnt big!

Gauripur- 2 days

I went to Gauripur for two days to meet some cousins. I took my dad's office car and boy it impressed me! I never knew that Indigo was a good highway cruiser. We reached Gauripur in 4.5 hours instead of 6 because they had just finished building new roads. This is when i saw the development of Bihar. The car was crusing at 140 km/h with 5 people in it. ALso, I was surprised that there was a lot of legroom in the rear.

Back to Patna
Now i stayed in Patna the whole time. Had fun doing so. My cousin toured me around Patna in his R15. That is when I learned how to drive a bike properly. It was fun to tour around. We even once to the highway just so my cousin could show me his R15's ability. He just blasted off. We went to 135 km/h and it was feeling like I would get blown off the bike. I was barely holding on. WHen we came back, he showed me some bike showrooms and 3 idiots.

Kolkatta- 2 days
I stayed in Kolkata for two days. Actually i was going to stay for only 1 day but my travel agent in BKK messed up my ticket and so i had to stay one more day. It was not bad though. I had fun roaming around Kolkata. It is a good city and the thing is that everyone speaks English. After the 2 days over, I left back for BKK. Also, during these two days, I talked to cooldhaya and Renegade and Arun on the phone.

Here are pics of my relative's house in Gauripur and the fields beside his house all owned by him.

Also I visited Nalanda University, one of the world's oldest university!

Pics of My Ride! LOL

Pics taken from SE phone( forgot model) that has 2MP camera!

Nice write up Archit!! Is that you in one picture posing with the car??

And yes the traffic here is mostly caused due to some silly reasons like road roko's , improper parking , unnecessary quarrels etc!! This is India buddy!! And yes most of the Tata cars come good when it comes to space!

I guess you must have enjoyed the trip and the chilly weather for a change!!

Thread Starter #4
yes it is me in that picture. a bit fatter that usual, because in India, i cannot stay thin! [:D]

yes RSM, go visit it. You will like it a lot. I liked it a lot and i will surely visit it again with a SLR camera!

350Z

Core Team
Nice pictures. But these aren’t sufficient enough! We although live in India but it will be interesting to know your views about it. Especially in comparison with Bangkok. Eh? Also post some more pictures (of City, Zoo etc.)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
nice pics buddy, and hey archie, gained some weight huh[:D]
a lot of weight! 2 kilos in 3 weeks!
just eat-sleep-travel-eat-sleep was my routine!

Nice pictures. But these aren’t sufficient enough! We although live in India but it will be interesting to know your views about it. Especially in comparison with Bangkok. Eh? Also post some more pictures (of City, Zoo etc.)

Drive Safe,
350Z
i have more pics but will post later because it is in my dad's laptop and it is gone for a few days!

well comparo?
BKK is modern and cool and I can compare it to Kolkatta which is quite modern! Patna,in comparison, is not yet too modern and is still developing.
I enjoyed my stay in Kolkatta even Patna and one thing i noticed in Kolkatta was that no one spoke Hindi or Bengali in one mall we went. I was speaking Hindi with my dad to be different but my dad ignored me as if he didnt know me because i was speaking hindi! [:D]
So yeah it is good but i think traffic sense all over India will take some time to reach BKK standards!

Thread Starter #10
ok guys i will be coming to India again during this christmas. so planning to go to either Darjeeling or Shimla. now yesterday, a cousin from Trivandrum has invited us, so now we are deciding to go south or north. i want to personally go north because i want to visit those places since many many years. How is the weather gonna be in Darjeeling or Shimla? (i know its cold but how cold?)

350Z

Core Team
Welcome back to India in advance. I have been to Trivandrum and it's a wonderful place to enjoy the beauty of nature (You would have read my travelogue perhaps). I have been to Shimla as well but its been a a few years now, so I cannot comment much about present scenario but when I went, it was a clean and nice location. It will be extremely cold in winters, so be ready to pack heavy suitcases. Though I have never went to North-East and Darjeeling is in my wish list. I would advice to plan a trip either to Trivandrum or Darjeeling. Shimla is a great place too but I am afraid that weather might play as a spoilsport.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom