My Honda Brio UT EMT: Made for Me

Hi Govind,
I think brio SMT is more VFM, as it has rear power window, body colored OVRMs, Door handles and ICE too (factory finished) and some interior difference too in about 45K more than EMT.

lxi,
the issue with brio is when you brake hard & stop at a traffic signal, your heart will jump a beat when you see the bus behind you screeching to a halt inches behind your neck. Due to the non existent boot & huge glass the effect is compounded. Sitting 5 large adults is a pain as I found out recently in my Brio

Congrats on the new brio Naveen. First time seeing an EMT UT. many reported in facebook Honda page that Honda doesnt have UT like premium color in EMT. As expected, they were all dealer issues i guess. Anyways, happy miles and looking more from your review. [:)] . More pictures would be pleasing .[;)]

Hi Govind,
I think brio SMT is more VFM, as it has rear power window, body colored OVRMs, Door handles and ICE too (factory finished) and some interior difference too in about 45K more than EMT.
Hi Prad,
Thanks for your reply. One question first up - I thought the EMT also comes with rear power window and that the only thing it lacks in that department is the front driver side one touch auto down feature.
Regarding SMT vs EMT, I started out thinking like you did. I liked the body colored ORVMS, silver steering wheel with ICE controls, silver door handles and the chromes rings around the vents the gear box that are all absent in the EMT. Also like you mentioned, I get a factory fitted HU.
But then I thought - I have to replace the speakers anyway since the stock ones are terrible. Also, I am hoping to put in alloy wheels so the "full trim wheels" that come with the SMT are also useless for me.
Here in Bangalore, the difference between the two variants is Rs 48k. Pound for pound, it seemed to me that I am not getting a lot more in terms of features for a near half a lakh increase in price. I am also getting things that I don't want like the speakers and those wheel trims. Also, I dont like the looks of the stock SMT HU (the glossy piano black color with a tiny orange light screen). Its a standard double DIN size, so it would easy to plug in something that fits in well for just around say Rs 12k. I can also get keyless entry done additionally I believe.
So if I can bring myself to overlook the aesthetic differences I can still come out in front by a huge amount which can be used like I mentioned to easily fund my ICE and alloy wheels mods.
I think the door handles and ORVMs - I will be ok with; but what I cant judge without getting a look at, is how different the interior looks like, especially the steering wheel. That is where I was hoping Naveen could help out as well.

Last edited:
Hi Govind,
If you want to change speakers and rim than the EMT is better for you. I have a doubt, whether you can get door fitted speakers outside?
I too didn't had the look of EMT as dealer has no stock of EMT. so we can only ask for interior pictures from Naveen.
One more thing do you think that ABS and Airbags are not necessary? although i asked this in a separate thread.

Thread Starter #22
Congrats on the CAR THAT LOVES YOU BACK! :lol!:
I am also looking for a new car, Any problems in the car or any problems with the rear(Large glass, visible boot)?
Thanks lxi, No problem till now. will post more pictures soon.

@Govind
I too find that EMT is value for money with tacometer, front power windows, Fuel efficiency indicator, ECO Lamp indicator, Engine immobilizer & Driver seat belt reminder.
Regarding warranty getting void that's something to worry, let me talk to my dealer and update you on this.

I will click some pics today and try to update them tomorrow.

Thread Starter #24
lxi,
the issue with brio is when you brake hard & stop at a traffic signal, your heart will jump a beat when you see the bus behind you screeching to a halt inches behind your neck. Due to the non existent boot & huge glass the effect is compounded. Sitting 5 large adults is a pain as I found out recently in my Brio
5 adults of my family fits in comfortably in Brio. Probably being habitual to Santro & Alto has an effect. Moreover "Size Does Matter".[glasses]

Hello Naveen
Sorry for being late,but accept my warm wishes...CONGRATS FOR YOUR NEW CAR...WISHING YOU A VERY SWEET OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE AND MILE MUNCHING...

I want new and more clear pics...

Hi Govind,
If you want to change speakers and rim than the EMT is better for you. I have a doubt, whether you can get door fitted speakers outside?
I too didn't had the look of EMT as dealer has no stock of EMT. so we can only ask for interior pictures from Naveen.
One more thing do you think that ABS and Airbags are not necessary? although i asked this in a separate thread.
Hi Prad,
All you will need to do is to get replacement speakers that can fit into the existing sound enclosures of the car. I believe that the Brio has standard 6.5 inch speakers and it should be quite easy for you to find high quality coaxial speakers of that size and fit them into the doors without any additional modifications. In fact, I plan to do that same.
Regarding the safety features, well its a personal call and certainly one should opt for it if he can afford to, but I can give you my insight. Please overlook if you already know any of this:
ABS helps in preventing the tires from skidding by pumping the brakes when you jam down on them real hard. EBD works alongside ABS in distributing the brake force among the 4 tires. Although this is very useful whenever braking from high speed, its most important when the road conditions are slippery. I drove cars in the US for 5 years and they are an absolute life saver under snowy conditions. I think they will be more useful under similar treacherous road conditions and less so here in India. I guess airbags are more important; but my personal thinking was that if my usage was more of city driving at modest speeds, then I have less of a need for these features - hopefully not too much sudden braking from high speeds and also no high speed collisions. So I decided not pony up the extra 1 lakh to get the S(O)MT model. Again this is just my personal decision.

Thanks lxi, No problem till now. will post more pictures soon.

@Govind
I too find that EMT is value for money with tacometer, front power windows, Fuel efficiency indicator, ECO Lamp indicator, Engine immobilizer & Driver seat belt reminder.
Regarding warranty getting void that's something to worry, let me talk to my dealer and update you on this.

I will click some pics today and try to update them tomorrow.
Hi Naveen,
Really appreciate your efforts in attempting to click the pictures and for contacting the dealer. I notice both you and Prad have mentioned front power windows. Does this mean the EMT version does not come with rear power windows?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Hi Naveen,
Really appreciate your efforts in attempting to click the pictures and for contacting the dealer. I notice both you and Prad have mentioned front power windows. Does this mean the EMT version does not come with rear power windows?
No EMT doesn't comes with rear power windows neither they have internally adjusted ORVMs.

Hi Naveen congrats on your new car.

As brio is one of the shirtlisted cars for our new small car purchase, I wanted to clarify a few things.

1) How is the ground clearance of the car?
2) How is the rear seat headroom? &
3) How is the headlight for night driving?

I guess these questions are enough for now. Will ask more as I remember them :P

Thread Starter #30
Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply didn't got time to click the pictures till yesterday night.
Car is a full of dust as went for a trip to Delhi-Vrindavan (400Kms) yesterday and there was a thunderstorm on the way back.

Efficiency shown by the efficiency meter was 16.8 for the whole trip and only 1/3 of the total time AC was on.

As reported earlier, I feel A/C is not cooling enough and will discuss this when I will give it for 1st service coming weekend.

Before the trip, I have installed Jhonson's sunfilm on windows & rear, gear lock & vanity mirror (Not there in EMT model).

Here are the pics of interior:

Attachments

Top Bottom