My HM Ambassador 6666 Renovation (Pics From Pg.9)

Thread Starter #31
Re: My HM Ambassador 6666

No ClassiCar, The same body... Me and my tinker worked throughout the body lines (both inside and out).. Water draining in the water channel is an important work which i mentioned.

So you cant plan the work and time estimate when you work on Amby completely.Since there are many areas which we cant see physically without removing the front parts.

Importantly the Tinker who working on our car need to be very interested in his work.Otherwise its very difficult to work around to our perfection.
The gear box sheild which was done took 4 to 5 days. The Powersteering column has been adjusted and the work perfection will only satisfy fully when it fitted with other related things.

Thread Starter #33

The Job differs from one place to another in every aspect.Interior quotation given by local guy for my car is around 20K for
Front 2 bucketseats,
Rear seat,
Mats
Door pad
Upholstery

But the same was quoted in Koyas is 33000.The quality of work is excellent in Koyas.The design of bucket seats and foam is really fantastic.Koyas interiors always rocks.

The same will be in painting and Tinkering also. Cost difference will be there everywhere.The Quality of work is the main point.

Thread Starter #34

Mechanical realted work :
Oil Service,
Radiator cleaning and need to change the Hose type of intake water.
May be Four wheel brake cylinder checks.

Painter will handover the vehicle to Mechanic before the final coat.

Thread Starter #35

Update of first 15 days in 2013 :
1.Oil Service done and cranked the engine.
Took the car for Dashboard and console fittings.The work is going on very smooth and the skelton of the dashboard looks nice and havent got a clear picture of Console setup.
I need it to be bit different from other consoles.But God only knows how the outcome will be.Let me update the images, so that there will be a clear picture of that.

After the fittings the final coat painting work will start.

Your Amby is turning out pretty well. I particularly love those wheels, not sure if they are OE, or i missed some post of yours.

Waiting for the pics.

Thread Starter #37

Thanks Akash.
The wheels are from Gypsy. But it look very nice for Amby's.
Sure will post the images.

This week i need to take the delivery of the car from dashboard and Console fitting place.I will click and post the images.

I am an Amby fan.

Can you suggest where I can purchase a pre owned Amby in and around Kerala ?
Budget:-Rs. 1.5 lakhs

Thanks

Thread Starter #40
Thanks Iko.rider...
Really we are struggling to get the things around to work fine. After the new cars arrival, people in workshop (Tinker , Mechanic , Painters) are keen to work on them not in old vehicles.
But if you give time, there may be some guys available.

But thanks a lot for your hearty comments...

@JayaDev : You have a great budget man. No need of that much now a days to get Amby.Am not sure about Kerala market.
But in Coimbatore and Palaghat area :
Imported Isuzu engines / AC /Power steering - 1 lakh to 1.25 Lakh. (Models may be from 1960 )
Matador Engines / AC - 50000 to 75000.
HM Isuzu / AC - 60 - 90 thousand.
Trucker Engines - 50-70 thousand.

Apart from this, there were some well maintained cars,which may differ in rates..Well maintained cars are really not available for sale.

If you have a specification of what you need then I can say the amount exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Iko.rider...
Really we are struggling to get the things around to work fine. After the new cars arrival, people in workshop (Tinker , Mechanic , Painters) are keen to work on them not in old vehicles.
But if you give time, there may be some guys available.

But thanks a lot for your hearty comments...

@JayaDev : You have a great budget man. No need of that much now a days to get Amby.Am not sure about Kerala market.
But in Coimbatore and Palaghat area :
Imported Isuzu engines / AC /Power steering - 1 lakh to 1.25 Lakh. (Models may be from 1960 )
Matador Engines / AC - 50000 to 75000.
HM Isuzu / AC - 60 - 90 thousand.
Trucker Engines - 50-70 thousand.

Apart from this, there were some well maintained cars,which may differ in rates..Well maintained cars are really not available for sale.

If you have a specification of what you need then I can say the amount exactly.
Big thanks for prompt reply.

can you help me out for procedure as to how not to get fooled and other legal formalities for aging vehicles

Specs:

I am a newbie.So I don't know what to look for .

1.I should be able to drive it away after payment .

2.a powerful engine say around 40+bhp would be appreciated (preferably diesal) .

3.A sound performing engine -yes. (which could be easily maintained everywhere)

4.AC is not at all mandatory.(no creature comforts please)

5.Power steering -I may feel lucky.

6. My plan is total makeover without compromising classic feel.

7.I am expecting one as cheap as possible so that I can put rest of the money on refurbishment .

8.For Rs 50000 -WoW [evil]!

(I could never imagine a car below 1 lakh exists :stupid:)

What about Mahindra classic jeeps 4x4 ?

Much obliged.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42

hi Jayadev,
That means you are ok with Matador or Trucker Engines.Vehicle range may start from 40000 INR. But kindly dont think its easy to remodel it.
But as of your specifications its easy that we can do it with in 1 lakh.

Everything will be in half or more than half condition. So there might be many work needed.Sometimes engine may be good and other parts needs replacement and vice versa.
If you need one, then we can find it around Coimbatore/Pollachi area.

JEEP : Now a days its too costly.. But am not so good in estimating Jeeps.

hi Jayadev,
That means you are ok with Matador or Trucker Engines.Vehicle range may start from 40000 INR. But kindly dont think its easy to remodel it.
But as of your specifications its easy that we can do it with in 1 lakh.

Everything will be in half or more than half condition. So there might be many work needed.Sometimes engine may be good and other parts needs replacement and vice versa.
If you need one, then we can find it around Coimbatore/Pollachi area.

JEEP : Now a days its too costly.. But am not so good in estimating Jeeps.
What should I take it as when you say "kindly dont think its easy to remodel it." Is it material related issues or please elaborate.

I Do not expect major chassis corrosion which should be major concern in my opinion.

If it can fit tightly in 1 lakh I am delighted.

What I seriously look forward is safety.(brakes and steering related issues shouldn't be there.)

How complicated it would be to bring it from Pollachi to Kannur ,Kerala.

Thread Starter #45

Jayadev : If you go for painting and tinkering, then its some tedious job to get a right person to work. They need to have interest and help us to move forward. If they keep on putting in hold, then the time will be running which we cant even estimate.

If you are comfortable with other things apart from Brake and Steering, then its ok.You want to find a mechanic first, before proceeding to buy a car. He may give you a clear picture of how it will be.

All the spares are available now also, So there will be no issues in that part.

Are you in interest of buying an ambassador with TN registerred.

Top Bottom