My Hero Honda Splendour Plus Modified!

Dear Harikishen95,

If I were you I would save all that money and get myself a bike that's got more scope for modification. As in not just looks.

There is so much so you can do on a Splendour, But it wont make a large enough grin on your face as it would if the bike has got more performance to boot.

Putting a larger tyre on the rear wheel will hamper pick-up, fuel economy and eat the chain and sprockets in addition to the damage your bike's motor is already facing thanks to the ludicrous tail pipe.

In short, save the money and get a better bike. Also keep in mind, Your bike will only loose its value with the mods you've done and have in mind.

Thread Starter #19
Dear Harikishen95,

If I were you I would save all that money and get myself a bike that's got more scope for modification. As in not just looks.

There is so much so you can do on a Splendour, But it wont make a large enough grin on your face as it would if the bike has got more performance to boot.

Putting a larger tyre on the rear wheel will hamper pick-up, fuel economy and eat the chain and sprockets in addition to the damage your bike's motor is already facing thanks to the ludicrous tail pipe.

In short, save the money and get a better bike. Also keep in mind, Your bike will only loose its value with the mods you've done and have in mind.

I donno what to say but the mods i have made completely costs Rs.3000..
I prefer a to modify a simple bike so that the cost i may spend will not be a bigger value.Also i am planning to keep this bike for ever.I will be buying a CBR 150\KTM duke.later

I donno what to say but the mods i have made completely costs Rs.3000..
I prefer a to modify a simple bike so that the cost i may spend will not be a bigger value.Also i am planning to keep this bike for ever.I will be buying a CBR 150\KTM duke.later
3000 bucks is not that small when it comes to bikes. You can get a proper custom built expansion chamber and a carburetor rejet(If you're lucky even a port job can come along) for a two stroke like the RX135 with that kind of money and which can increase its performance by 20-25 percent.

No offence, But when you modify bikes choose wisely and think about the end result.

no offence, the modification did not make bike appealing. Splendor is a kind and gentle bike don't make it overdrunk. The dual seats are like of TVS XL super.

Your modification is like that if our old film director had asked Rajendra Kumar to play a Dara Singh role. Splendor has it's own value and esteem.

Keep splendor as splendor only.

Last edited:
Here are few mods from my side.

Get a new handle. I dont know what it is said, But when I had bike we use to call that Shogun Handle. It looks similar to Motorcycle Handlebars: Influence On Traction Or you can have a look at pics below. This will give your bike good looks.

09022010086.jpg
09022010088.jpg

After this, Your brake and clutch levers should be facing downwards, will give you good posture while driving.

You can remove the shock up caps and paint shockups to the desired color.

Note: I have eariler in 2006-2007 applied all this mods to my bike. My bike's OEM exhaust had custom made holes to give better sound and bit more pickup. And there is nothing wrong in what You did. I had Bajaj Caliber and was happy with mods. It's just that individual's perceptions vary. No need to quit. [:)]

suzuki shaolin looks good it was first 5 speed bike i guess?

and for that splendor , man no point spending money on that bike its not meant for performance and that you did just did one thing , empty pockets.

btw your lucky you didn't put 47 on headlight, 46 is better ;) 47 might have left you with infringement notices from my side [:D]

In my college Manipal- MIT- one of the biker's paradise where the petrol was more important than food for us.
The bikes which all had gone to modifications were mostly Suzuki and Yamaha RX100 and 135 and also some of the CBZ ( rear tyres and higher suspension).

For splenders what people used to do that only used small handle bars against the regular one along with removal of chrome carrier which is used to above tail lamp.
Removal of chrome carrier was intentional so that pillion riders (Manipal chicks) should not take support of it incase intentional/non intentional braking.

Till now I have purchased 4 bikes for my used (Splendor, Calliber Chroma, Pulsar and ZMR) and one activa( after marriage for wife) but none of them had gone for any modifications.

But I am planning to do some upgradation in my latest ZMR by changing the clutch levers, air filters and spark plugs thats all. I don't like upsizing the tyres or using XENON headlights. Xenon headlight is very irritating to others, my brother in law is using Xenon headlight in his ZMR and believe he faces battery issues.
Any suggestion on lever,sparkplug and air filters.

Last edited:
Glad to see a Shaolin on this forum. Excellent bike. Excellent stock exhaust note. Excellent performance throughout the rev range courtesy the 5 speed gearbox. Excellent mileage if one knew how to extract it. Excellent looks. Excellent amber-coloured instrumentation. 2 stroke. Five gears. Cheap to buy and maintain. Easy to performance-tune. Total bliss.

Having ridden almost all 2 stroke Indian bikes, I pity the modern youth who doesn't even know what a 2 stroke engine is. Or what it was.......

Sorry for this off topic rant. Got a bit carried away after seeing the Shaolin.

Glad to see a Shaolin on this forum. Excellent bike. Excellent stock exhaust note. Excellent performance throughout the rev range courtesy the 5 speed gearbox. Excellent mileage if one knew how to extract it. Excellent looks. Excellent amber-coloured instrumentation. 2 stroke. Five gears. Cheap to buy and maintain. Easy to performance-tune. Total bliss.

Having ridden almost all 2 stroke Indian bikes, I pity the modern youth who doesn't even know what a 2 stroke engine is. Or what it was.......

Sorry for this off topic rant. Got a bit carried away after seeing the Shaolin.
Yes. Very true. :-). I used to drive my friend's RX100, RX135 and those were really gem to drive . But the only problem with 2-strokes bike were that they always require oil that would mix with petrol. I just dont remember the name. [confused]

Top Bottom