My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

deville_56

Honoured Member
Update April 28/04/2022
The antenna was peeling off, a known issue in Suzuki's, especially swift. It was time for service also in a month, so thought of clubbing it up.
Hence it was done PMS80 (Although according to kms it was PMS70, the last service was a mixed job of PMS60 and70, hence saved on labour charges.

Service particulars:
1. Cabin A/c Filter
2. Brake Fluid
3. Gasket Drain Plug
4. Plug Oil drain
5. Belt, Water pump
6. Antenna
7. Distilled water
8. Coolant (Golden Yellow)
9. MGP Rust smash (WD40) :P
10. Service Kit New Swift
11. Hinge Relief Wax
12. Interior protection Covers
13.Caliper Grease
14. Glass cleaner
15. Super Lubricant
16. Super Cleaner
17. Car Shampoo
18. Ecstar Petrol 0W20 Engine Oil
PMS 20/40/60/80 - 1625 (Labour)
Front Brake (One side with opposite side)= 832 (Did the brake fluid job with this as labour charge, else they will put air bleeding charge)
Wheel Alignment (450)

Total = 8355

Why Wheel alignment was done in service center was, suspension issue was noted on, So to check that my friend who's the workshop floor in charge had carried out the alignment. He did his best in saving the labour charges, other rip offs in bill, which I wasn't happy about is from the SA. This is the plight of not being in person when giving the ride for service. I would have easily saved around 500-1k.
Which service center?

What is 15 no. super lubricant ?
What is 16 no. Super cleaner ?
Unnecessary I think.
9. MGP Rust smash (WD40) :P
11. Hinge Relief Wax
14. Glass cleaner
15. Super Lubricant
16. Super Cleaner
17. Car Shampoo
I found these much unnecessary unless bought to take home. Else, would've been normally 100-200 worth consumables billed.

deville_56

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit
Super lubricant is for Brake caliper grease i think sir.
Nope. It's a penetrating lubricant, WD40 Pro [lol]. They use it across door hinges, lighter pivots, etc. Demo video shows them using it even on wiper arm and side glass channels.

Caliper grease listed as item #13.

Indus comes second to Popular for incompetency. I quit all these places and went to Hercules, which sadly shut shop. Try Marshal in Pippinmoodu next time. Recently, went there for brake pad change for a Swift. Small shop, yet authorized. Reviews were decent and work was good. Didn't charge anything extra.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #124
Thanks for the suggestion @deville_56 bro.
Issue is even though I have floor incharge as friend there, he can't put in more pressure on what the advisor puts in. He has done many times A/c Gas top up, blower cleaning, caliper pin greasing for free (Entering within 100rs labour code), say for A/c refrigerant top up , he will bill as A/c Blower check (Which is within 100), but if he puts in A/c blower cleaning it is 250-300 / A/c Gas top up - 1000.

Thread Starter #125
Update 3/05/22
The culprit obviously for the suspension getting issue started up is the Tyres. So this facilitated Tyre's replacement, (URGENTLY).
In my usual shop, that guy these days seemed less enthusiastic. (I Had asked for quotes, for Michelin Energy XM2+, Bridgestone B290), he took 3 days to respond.
As parents have a long journey this weekend, I told them to check with Travancore Wheel Club.
Have to admit, his dealing was straightforward. He openly told that he has 4 Michelin Energy XM2+ in stock, but that he has reserved for serving as warranty claims. He added, if you buy this sir, I really can't guarantee, how long will it take to process if you have a warranty claim, as the stocks take ages to arrive. (Didn't know such crisis is there).
Bridgestone B290 wasn't available. So the only option left was Bridgestone B250 (Have used in Verna, and am happy with its performance). Only con is after 40k kms, the thread were is accentuated suddenly.

So replaced stock MRF ZVTV with Bridgestone B250 (Feb Manufactured, 11th week2022): 185/65/R15
For the spare wheel, I got a 15inch Rim, from a friend of mine, so put my Bridgestone B290 (Which I was using on the rear, as had a sidewall issue with one stock MRF, during 20000km, check my thread). All balanced, N2 Filled. Total damage : 23800/-

Thread Starter #126
Tyre review based on my father's driving as well as our driver's driving: Both said ride is ultra-soft after the MRF hard rubber. Braking is improved. On cornering, I think Michelin performs a bit better. Fingers crossed on durability. On Verna, B250 lasted exactly 40000-45000kms. Wear started post 40000.

Thread Starter #127
Update: 15/05/2022
Dad had taken the ride for a marriage, on full rainy day, wet roads.
He told the tyres give lot of confidence, more planted and gripped on.
B250 is working as expected.

@deville_56 , If for normal works, better-trained technicians, Sarathy service centre , Industrial Estate, Pappanamcode, is a good place. You can check with Mr.Renjith (Floor in charge, is his role I think). I don't know whether he remembers me (As I last dropped in 2019). He will definitely remember my ride.
They do all jobs as listed from Maruti, they haven't put in extra jobs like Popular. The main advantage is less number of vehicles and more attention to detail in work. Newly formed service center in 2018-2019, so they have better equipment, trained technicians.

Thread Starter #128
New shoes performing well. Better NVH.
Works I will be addressing soon is :
Throttle Body cleaning (Haven't done in the ride yet since delivery). Full Radiator flush, with coolant (I don't know whether these guys fill Premix/ simply water)- as I am not around. Transmission Fluid replacement (With a synchronizer issue on, high chances of metal particles and residues on fluid).

Thread Starter #130
In service centre, they use coolant concentrate only, no premix. They charge extra for distilled water.
Thanks for the information. But then also I highly doubt whether they fill it or not ! As I have seen the same thing being filled in windscreen wash fluid (That means it is just water)
For 30k and 40k service I was near the ride full time, so I saw them filling the Green type coolant.
My concern is always, the ratio is definitely messed up in the radiator tank. [cry]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Ratio is not properly followed in most cases. Bottle says 30:70 upto -16 degrees and 50:50 for -35 degrees. Anything between that won't be a problem. What I have seen is emptying the full bottle of concentrate into the radiator and adding water over it and plain water in the expansion tank. Ratio might come right, but the method [frustration]

To check the windscreen washer, I have given both with empty tank and brimmed tank. Popular Hyundai charged 3 packets for an already overflowing tank. Marshal charged nothing for filing the whole tank, not even for concentrate, but they added a pouch at least.

Thread Starter #134
I am back in India due to some unfortunate events (My grandmother had passed away in sleep, though my trip was previously planned, this was quite shocking).

Needed a quick clarification :
The MID temperature displays 50 degrees...I had did an OBD scan, it is not showing anything, what maybe the issue ?
Also does this require urgent action, as will it influence working of any other components.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-24 at 2.12.13 PM.jpeg

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Maybe the car was parked for long in sunlight.This is showing the external temp on the dash plastic, where the sensors are. Not the actual temp.
This is usual for me in my XUV in summers.Once it showed 54 degrees.

Last edited:

Top Bottom