My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
@allhyundaicars : Sir which do you recommend Yokohama Blue Earth, BridgestoneB290, Continental CC5/6 when compared?
I will go for Blue Earth > continental. Rest is crap.

p.s. you may take some time to think but after that take your decision fast. The more you wait the more you will get confused.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #111
Update:14/10/2021
The ride suffered Front-driver side, tyre deflated (Gradually flattened). It was driven by my Dad to my native place(Which is a mix of roads).
He was sure that, tyre didn't face any sidewall attack, but need to check what caused the flattening.
I hate doing that: Putting 14" Spare wheel", definitely messes with alignment(I think probably need steering alignment adjustment also ).
No other option, hence he will mount the spare wheel , and travel back to home possibly next week.

Then thinking of inspecting, whether tyre has many slow punctures or is it just a single tubeless strip work. If the former, then the time has come for Tyre change, else can push for some more time.

Thread Starter #113
December 26 2021 - I had arrived for my holidays at my home.
My grey beast was there to receive me up along with my dad. You can see dad, who after we loaded in with the luggage, sitting in Copassenger seat. Happy that he has got back his chauffer.
Initial impressions-
Regarding ride :
1. Brake pad is acting more, as tyres have crossed 65% mark.
2.Clutch condition- 50% used
3. Synchroniser issue- It pronounces when we do only ideal shifts (always shifting at 2k RPM), if I vary the RPM, say 2k for some shifts, 1.8 for some others and 2.2-2.5/3k for bursts of power...the issue doesn't occur.
4. Suspension- Pathetic (Reason is tyres, which is more like a rubber cover over rims, than for comfort)
5. Tyres- Thread is there(Typical MRF ZVTVs), while it is rock hard. I believe suspension is taking the full load.
As running is low (Hardly driven 200km/month), I think ideal time is before monsoon (May2022).
6. Battery (No issues)
7.Fluids (All in levels)
8. Rattles (Managed to sort driver side door panel), others mainly due to tyres, all jolts felt inside cabin.
9. FE- When I arrived aircon was in full blast , that time with Bumper to Bumper traffic , I got 14.5-15.5kmpl(As per Mid). Then I shifted to cooling the cabin for intial 15min of drive at 21 degrees and then raising the temp to 23 (Auto) / 25 (Fan at 3).
FE was 15.5-16kmpl
Shifting usually 2-3k RPM , depends on traffic conditions and gaps available for overtakes.

Dents/Scratches - A scratch in left side of bumper (My driver had admited it , and he was ready to get it painted also , I appreciate his gesture, as that scratch was unavoidable- It happened in a wedding hall in Tamil Nadu , where bikes were parked in both sides, such senseless ones [frustration], it was the bikes side step which brushed against)

Next post will tell about experience after 2 years driving in another country and coming back to India. Also experiences with other rides here and more updates about Grey Beast.
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-01 at 12.09.57 AM.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #117
Update : 32.8k km
Yesterday onwards gear slotting issue started , especially 1st and 2nd gear .
Tried , shifting in higher RPM's still issue persisted .
As no issue with clutch play , and vehicle doesn't show any difference in behaviour by clutch release (the pedal bite is same as before , vehicle moves freely without any throttle inputs even in inclines)
Took to ASS, my usual relation there , had checked with shifting in vehicle off position as well as ignition on .Then we took it for a test drive -
(Note- I had just reported to him , shift is not smooth , not that its not at all shifting , occurs even when shifted in higher RPM)
We drove for just a KM , he stooped , and shifted to N , and again proceeded from stationary mode , in Gear1.
He ruled out another point - The issue is with gear 1 and 2. (I confirmed it later on when I drove ).
He diagnosed it as - Slip with synchroniser or synchroniser associated components .
And he told , to wait for some more time , if the issue shows more severe symptoms , he told , we will do a gearbox overhaul .

He added , synchroniser slip is common in Diesel Swifts , but with Petrol one its rare.
He told no issue with Clutch , and the pedal hardness is normal with usage in city traffic conditions. He told clutch will last till 50k km , with my driving style and usage .
@allhyundaicars For your reference

Thread Starter #118
So post-arrival, even though the airport authorities had given me "Cleared" (Those from high-risk countries were given High-risk zone sealed onto their boarding pass, so while exiting one needs to undergo Rapid Antigen test in the airport), I had taken self-isolation myself for 7 days.
On 8th day, I had got up early, as for the last 2 years I had been driving around in Australia. So the driving style needs to be adapted to India conditions (Especially more about anticipatory driving, defensive driving and most importantly here you need to realize that you have to keep minimum gaps to avoid 2 wheelers to come inside your lanes).
My drive was to PMG Hanuman Temple, almost 8kms from my home. I drove the car very comfortably. Returned within 30min, and the traffic was just starting up, though I had easily sneaked through the easy gaps and corners.

Late afternoon, I had visited one of my friends who resided in Pattom. Had taken the ride through Kaimanam-Killipalam-Thampanoor-BakeryJunction-Palayam-PMG-Plamoodu-Pattom. The drive went great. (nearly 9kms covered in 35min, moderate traffic).
This is what is one difference from abroad, there we cover 35km in 35min (Incl Traffic), if peak traffic or rain , then +10min.
It is not that roads are so wide, it is more that they have flyovers and underpasses.
So the drives were great during this visit. One main advantage that we have in India is, here we follow the roads, there we follow the navigation. I always feel more cozy driving in india, as I can listen to my playlists, without even minding the route, as my brain is my navigation, whereas in Australia, I need to be mindful of Navigation. Speedlimits, Turns, Maintaining gap.

General comment on present road behavior in Trivandrum is : I felt people are more conscious with their rides. People have improved on Lane discipline (Except Buses, Autos, and some bikers). Although many jump in the next lane on traffic snarls (Jagathy), you can easily evade them by just dashing onto them. More people are buying in safer cars. Kia, Hyundai are quite dominating in Trivandrum, 6/10 cars in a traffic snarl. Tata Nexon : 7/10 cars. Glanza/Baleno 5/10 cars. Taxi market: Etios, Innova, Dzire Tour.

Thread Starter #119
Update April 28/04/2022
The antenna was peeling off, a known issue in Suzuki's, especially swift. It was time for service also in a month, so thought of clubbing it up.
Hence it was done PMS80 (Although according to kms it was PMS70, the last service was a mixed job of PMS60 and70, hence saved on labour charges.

Service particulars:
1. Cabin A/c Filter
2. Brake Fluid
3. Gasket Drain Plug
4. Plug Oil drain
5. Belt, Water pump
6. Antenna
7. Distilled water
8. Coolant (Golden Yellow)
9. MGP Rust smash (WD40) :P
10. Service Kit New Swift
11. Hinge Relief Wax
12. Interior protection Covers
13.Caliper Grease
14. Glass cleaner
15. Super Lubricant
16. Super Cleaner
17. Car Shampoo
18. Ecstar Petrol 0W20 Engine Oil
PMS 20/40/60/80 - 1625 (Labour)
Front Brake (One side with opposite side)= 832 (Did the brake fluid job with this as labour charge, else they will put air bleeding charge)
Wheel Alignment (450)

Total = 8355

Why Wheel alignment was done in service center was, suspension issue was noted on, So to check that my friend who's the workshop floor in charge had carried out the alignment. He did his best in saving the labour charges, other rip offs in bill, which I wasn't happy about is from the SA. This is the plight of not being in person when giving the ride for service. I would have easily saved around 500-1k.

Top Bottom