My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

deville_56

Honoured Member
@deville_56

Bro , the shop at thiruvallam is Colour Lounge . Had got quote as 4k (for 4 alloys +callipers) , paint used is " 2k".
The one who suggested the shop had told , they do a neat job .
I know that place. They are good. They used to paint for Rajasree Mercedes, till Merc mandated in-house painting. Indeed, they repainted my cousin's Nano to factory perfection including denting. He had acquaintance with them from their Merc days.

Thread Starter #77
Thank you @deville_56 bro , only cons with colour lounge is they dont have facility to remove rims from tyres .

Meantime , another friend , had suggested one at nedumangad , don't know shop name , he had told 3k (4 rims + Front callipers ) .

shades found -
1. baleno alloys - Google Search:
2.baleno alloys - Google Search:
3.baleno alloys - Google Search:

Which is best (I have 2 concerns , one as with stock rims , secondly , i prefer a shade which doesn't show pronounced effect when stone chips in - gravel laid for tarring , usually seen in kerala tarmacs)

Thread Starter #78
Lips Bruised , Rims scratched -
Was taking a curve in a creeping traffic jam in upward slope (After coming from movie , at Ariesplex , Trivandrum ) , right side the footpath was quite unlevelled , was following a Scross in front , it was an arc , and with Swift's dash height , and also A Pillar blindspot , I didn't guess the height of footpath being elevated as the slope was raising.[frustration]
So now confirmed - Painting rims to Gun metal grey (Brezza's shade / Figo new gen shade )
IMG_20191102_194346.jpg

Attachments

deville_56

Honoured Member
Lips Bruised , Rims scratched -
Was taking a curve in a creeping traffic jam in upward slope (After coming from movie , at Ariesplex , Trivandrum ) , right side the footpath was quite unlevelled , was following a Scross in front , it was an arc , and with Swift's dash height , and also A Pillar blindspot , I didn't guess the height of footpath being elevated as the slope was raising.[frustration]
So now confirmed - Painting rims to Gun metal grey (Brezza's shade / Figo new gen shade )
Decided the paint shop?

Thread Starter #80
Probably will give it to one at nedumangad , post the synchroniser change . I am holding the plan of painting , as Nagarcoil roads are pathetic , so really scared of damaging the rims again [sad]. So atleast until the road gets minimum patch up , I am not doing it bro. Also probably will change the shoes too , when ride nears 40-45k km . Now presently 39.3k km .

Thread Starter #84
Oh , if you can remove the alloys from tyres and give , colour lounge is good I think . Also there is one Mr.Zakir (near Mudavanmugal), who also does good paint job (heard only , haven't given though ) .

Thread Starter #85
Guys , the ride has clocked about 9k km from last service , and will be in for service soon , it is PMS50 (vehicle clocked 40k km , as per duration 50k service ) . Is it required to do Throttle Body cleaning at this interval or will next service do ? Also is A/c Condenser cleaning needed (I haven't cleaned that till date )

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Guys , the ride has clocked about 9k km from last service . Is it required to do Throttle Body cleaning at this interval or will next service do ? Also is A/c Condenser cleaning needed (I haven't cleaned that till date )
If the car has no problem in the pickup,and driving and is not misfiring or jerking while riding,you can avoid it.
You can do condenser cleaning if cooling has suffered.

Thread Starter #87
I will be checking the A/c (Each annual service I just do the same , just to ensure that there is no gas leaks nor any future issues for summer ) Mayankji . I will anyways put a word with my friend at my service centre who takes care of my ride.

You can clean AC condenser at home. Spray some Pril or vim diluted water on the condenser and wait for 10 mins and rinse it with garden hose.
Cleaning the throttle valve will increase value metric efficiency and overall efficiency.
Each time you check AC pressures Hi/Lo with AC manifold gauges you lose 20CC of refrigerant and some amount of compressor oil say about 0.15CC unless cooling is not enough it is not advisable to use AC manifold gauges. There is a method to check AC performance without using AC manifold gauges. I will post in two days.

Top Bottom