My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

Thread Starter #46
Update - 34.5k km
1.As monsoon started , first impressions on Frameless - So far so good , just that the passenger side one while when during the return sweep leaves a drop of water on the glass area where the clip of the wiper is , thereby it looks like one portion (small portion) isn't wiping during return sweep .
Any idea why it is so ?
2.Overall noiseless , and also effective wiping , even when heavy downpour in wiper speed-1
3. Battery also performing as expected , with instant crank (The difference from old battery is evident )
4. Meantime , did alignment too , overall ride set to tackle monsoons.

Thread Starter #49
Update 35.1k km
The gear issue cropped up in First -Second shift also .
I am trying varying the RPM while shifting (not shifting only under 2k , shifting 1.8k,2k,2.2k)
Hope this works (it worked for 2nd to 3re gear issue )

Thread Starter #50
Update - 36.2k km
I found the brakes to be getting faded , maybe after riding in constant monsoon weather(not through water though) . Anyways it was 6 months post last service , so took it to Indus Motors , Murinjapalam , where I have a reliable works supervisor .
Had told my issues-
1. Brake check (Front calliper pin replacement , pad check )
2. Doorpad rattling (When I had removed it for rewiring my puddle light , one had konked off during Feb )
3. Overall checkup (Which he always does , as anyways the vehicle is in ramp , he can do it easily )
4.Washing , if they can provide it as complimentary

Time in - 9:05am
Vehicle was taken for test drive , me and my friend (supervisor ) , he had asked me whether he can take it through rough patch , to check for noise , he confirmed same .
Vehicle was directly taken inside service bay , I got off , and he drove it into express bay ramp.

Additional points which I instructed - Supervise that rim side is placed on bay floor correctly (once , one technician , had bruised my rims) , left side tyre for puncture
Tyres were removed , Calliper case was removed , pin was pulled just by a single pull (Which says clearly , pin was due replacement ) , the shims put on lasts service , had a 1/4 piece intact , rest all broken into pieces and shredded inside the rubber sleeve.
I confirmed my word for replacement.
After replacing it , tyres were inspected , and was found K (topped up nitrogen ) .
Technician , checked the ride thoroughly , just tightened the lower arms i think , he did it somewhere near the tyres , I was in lobby so couldn't see clearly . Job done in 20min.
My friend , came , took it directly into wash bay ( Automated wash - water jets from top , bottom and sides ) , but vehicle was made to move manually , by putting the gear in N , and pushing slowly .
Interiors were vacummed, polished.
As it was awaiting for wiping , my friend understood my plight and took the car out of wash bay , and redriven it into wash bay entrance , which is on other side .

Meantime , he closed my jobcard and I went into reception .

Bill particulars
1.Sliding Pin set - Rs.105 ....Rs .210 (after tax)
2.MGP Rust smash Rs.73
3.Calliper Grease Rs.25 ....Rs50 (after tax)

Here comes the labour -
1.Body washing - rs.450
2.Front Brake caliper assy (one side ) with opposite side Rs. 550[frustration]

Overall labour after tax - 654

- wash amount - the bill total was 1051.

Feedback - Service and wash were given separate feedback forms - and I had written separately for the same
Service - I would give 9/10 , for cost 6/10 - I think its high time Maruti ensures this - Caliper pin is of low quality , would last 5-10k km , and labour , billing separately for two sides[surprise]. Washing , 9/10 (They did a grand job , except , windshield , which was greasy , and I poited out then and there .

I had immediately , signalled my friend , He told as the job is just calliper pin , he's quite helpless , as he can't bill it as single side (Normally he does like that , thereby doing the job in half the amount )

My query to others is , what do you think , is this right ? Is Maruti doing so to tax customers , or is the dealership doing the play ?
Anyways , I trust my friend , as in all my previous cases (Synchroniser issue , PMS services ) , he makes sure , my pockets aren't ripped.

(My previous experience of changing caliper pin was one year back , then the rates were different , bill was 850 )

TAIérs comment

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51
Update - 36.9k km
The car is clocking lot of intercity trips these days owing to some personal work . Maybe due to 5 years of age , the ride is quite stiff than normal , I think its due to its shoes (tyres) . Planning to upgrade Tyres by 40k /45k km depending on Vitamin M. Question is , obvious choice for perfect balance between city and long drive use is Bridestone B290 . But these days having seen many swifts on road with sporty shoes , I have gradually fallen for those. Thereby thinking of such tyres.
Have shortlisted some Nankang NS2 (Other nankang sporty thread ones , if ones know models do comment ) , Federal, Goodyear Eagle F1,Yokohama S drives , Bridestone Potenza , Michelin Pilot sport .

Fellow TAIáns , please help me out (the last 2 are the expensive ones ) , and also my priorities are , better grip , handling, comfort than existing MRFZVTV's, durability - 30-40kkm .
Also these sporty ones are not available in 185/65/R15 (some brands ) , so which is the best fit with 15"profile , without compromising on ride comfort (Swift's are always stiff suspension ones, so more stiffer profiling , can be harmful for comfort ).
Do help me out kindly.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Update - 36.9k km
The car is clocking lot of intercity trips these days owing to some personal work . Maybe due to 5 years of age , the ride is quite stiff than normal , I think its due to its shoes (tyres) . Planning to upgrade Tyres by 40k /45k km depending on Vitamin M. Question is , obvious choice for perfect balance between city and long drive use is Bridestone B290 . But these days having seen many swifts on road with sporty shoes , I have gradually fallen for those. Thereby thinking of such tyres.
Have shortlisted some Nankang NS2 (Other nankang sporty thread ones , if ones know models do comment ) , Federal, Goodyear Eagle F1,Yokohama S drives , Bridestone Potenza , Michelin Pilot sport .

Fellow TAIáns , please help me out (the last 2 are the expensive ones ) , and also my priorities are , better grip , handling, comfort than existing MRFZVTV's, durability - 30-40kkm .
Also these sporty ones are not available in 185/65/R15 (some brands ) , so which is the best fit with 15"profile , without compromising on ride comfort (Swift's are always stiff suspension ones, so more stiffer profiling , can be harmful for comfort ).
Do help me out kindly.
You can go for 195/60R15 as well. Yokohoma S-Drive is available in that size. Issue with unidirectional is the road noise. Wheel rotation will also be an issue. You can swap only between front and rear of one particular side. If you put ones from left in right, direction will be rotated.

Thread Starter #54
Mr Deville bro , Is 190/60 safe bet (Will ride quality be affected ?)
And Mayankji , I will be definitely checking with comfort before putting in new shoes sir.
Thank you for both of your immediate response

deville_56

Honoured Member
Mr Deville bro , Is 190/60 safe bet (Will ride quality be affected ?)
And Mayankji , I will be definitely checking with comfort before putting in new shoes sir.
Thank you for both of your immediate response
Car tyres comes in sizes like 185, 195, etc only. Two wheeler tyres come in 130, 140, etc.

Comfort depend on tyre. Sportier tyres will have stiffer walls and lesser comfort. I chose for Nankang NS20 for comfort plus sportiness, but 15 inch sizes are rare in it. I run on upsizes on almost all the cars in-house and the only one with issues was the Maruti [lol](Estilo). It was a double upsize from 145 to 165. Steering needs rework like every 20k km. Either rack or pinion will be gone. Not sure if it generic issue or due to upsize.

Thread Starter #56
Sorry it was a typo issue [lol], when i read it i felt more like so damn stupid myself .
Any reliable tyre shop in trivandrum (Multi Branded) , not for discount , just a guarenteed service .

deville_56

Honoured Member
Sorry it was a typo issue [lol], when i read it i felt more like so damn stupid myself .
Any reliable tyre shop in trivandrum (Multi Branded) , not for discount , just a guarenteed service .
I usually go to the Tyre Club. He can get things done, but changes words everytime. One day he will say one brand is best, next day the brand changes. He arranged the NS20 from Thrissur when I adamantly wanted that only. New Bharath near Airport is good. If you are looking for Yokohamas, there is the Apollo showroom inside Thakarapparamb. Also Concept tyres in Kazhakuttam and Car Palace have good collections. The common trend is they try to push what they have, but if you are enthusiastic, they will help you out with the better ones

Top Bottom