My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

Thread Starter #31
Adding a bit more info for Mr.GNaveen

I had clutch noise (A noise as if 2 rubber pieces are rubbed together , when i depressed the pedal) at 12k km , the issue was rectified by a clutch overhaul .(Covered under warranty). The whole transmission hub was dismounted , the clutch assembly was then inspected , and it was regreased with spray grease .
Then again the clutch cable end was greased (In bonnet side) and the pedal lubed.
Issue was rectified .
(Initially tried rectifying by greasing and lubing , both didn't solve and thereby dismounted) .
Now the hardness is not a botheration , its an issue only during B2B traffic , your feet aches .

The other issue I will resolve if the issue gets too much , as anyways pretty much sure Maruti's clutch life is until 45-50k km , so when clutch replacement is done , will ask them to inspect Synchronisers also .(Saving slightly in labour)

Thread Starter #32
Update - 33k km
Ride reached 33k 3 days back , the shift from 2nd to 3rd is stuck sometimes , I tried shifting in higher rpms also , and also lower rpms but it is a hit or miss now , I am planning to observe for 2-3 days more , and then come to conclusion . I really doubt synchroniser and associated components . Experts please comment.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Its easy.
In most cars you can pull out the gear boot (Rubber/ leather thingy covering gear shaft). Sometimes you have to remove gear knob by twisting it.
Below the boot you will see attached to gear lever, a few Linkages. These linkages have hinges/ Joints which require lubrication. Clean them and try using Lithium grease or Petroleum jelly in a pinch.

In certain Cars the access for this linkages in from below (In safari 4x2 when on a lift you can get below car and see on top of gearbox. Here is the mechanism where Gear lever connects to gear box.

In certain cars the process is hard. In my 4x4 there is transfercase in the way so I cannot reach linkages from below.

Sample video-

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
Took to ASS -
Issue was diagnosed as Synchroniser (Rings or related components needs to be verified)
As i have good rapport with my SA , he told , he will update the cost , and then will decide whether to carry the work ,as anyways by 45-50kkm , I will change the clutch , so at that time if I do this job too , I don't have to dismantle the transmission twice and cost will be also in control.

Thread Starter #40
Update 33.7k
The synchroniser issue though is there but the effect is say 2/10 times , so its not a bothering one . What I do these days is I don't constantly shift in one particular RPM band , I vary say for first time 2k , 2nd time 2.1-2.2k , 3rd time 1.8k-2k , if much distance is there (travelling by using the power band , shifts in 3-4.5k)

On 4/5/19 - Suffered a puncture on left side front - It was the wire fence material (I think it was used in some 2 wheeler to tie something , but might have fell off ) . I was taking on a bump , and before elevating up on the same , i heard something stuck on the tyre , soon when i descended off the bump , I sensed it as puncture . I immediately pulled to side , and when I checked saw that (As grandparents were there I couldn't get time to snap ). Jacked up , stuffed in the spare wheel . Inspected the tyre and found that it was punctured at 3 points by the fence wire.
At night took to my tyre shop here , and as per his expert opinion , he told as the tyre life is 10-15kkm , he told tubeless mushroom puncturing will do , and can be used as rear wheel , we will inspect for 2 weeks ,if the drop in air is more than 3-4 PSI(Nitrogen) , then we will replace the tyre .Charged 200 rs for the fix .

Its really reborn and look very impressive as well. Well thanks for sharing this, I am looking to do some modifications in my old Maruti Suzuki Swift and these mods will look perfect. I got my new harrier but didn't sell my used Maruti Swift yet and I was searching for all those experiments that I can perform with my old Maruti Suzuki Swift, I will be implementing some of the above mods for sure.

Thread Starter #42
Guys , monsoon is approaching next month in Kerala , so thought of changing wipers (as this one has served me quite well for 1.5 years and the LH side has started making rubbery judder -lines) .
Frameless or Framed ( Have used frameless in my friend's ecosport , i didn't find anything to complaint about ) , but what is worrying me is will it spoil the look of Swift . I think its just my feeling , mostly in sedans and SUV's Frameless suits well , but in hatchs ?
Fellow TAI'ans , please comment .

Guys , monsoon is approaching next month in Kerala , so thought of changing wipers (as this one has served me quite well for 1.5 years and the LH side has started making rubbery judder -lines) .
Frameless or Framed ( Have used frameless in my friend's ecosport , i didn't find anything to complaint about ) , but what is worrying me is will it spoil the look of Swift . I think its just my feeling , mostly in sedans and SUV's Frameless suits well , but in hatchs ?
Fellow TAI'ans , please comment .
I have been using Frameless wiper blades from Bosch since more than 1.5 Years. They did wonderful job initially for some days but after some time not sure because ofthe right wiper frame mis alignment it judders while cleaning making hell out of noise.
I should say looks weren't spoiled with Frameless Blades.

Cheers.

Top Bottom