My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

Thread Starter #137
March232023
Landed in Tvm at 1am, took a cab to my home, as the ride was at my native place. Morning our drive assist, Ratheesh chettan (brother) had come over with Swift. As I was loading in my stuff, he helped me in closing the gates. The next moment I quickly jumped onto the driving seat. We started at 745, target was we had to be there at my native place, which is in rural Nagarcoil , near to Suchindram temple. Around 70-80kms. It took me around 20s to get used driving manual. Within that time itself noted down following:
1. Temperature showing 50.
2. Front right Indicator not working (As inside the cluster the indicators were flashing very fast than usual).
3. Tyres a bit too stiff (It was filled 33 instead of 30)
4. Brakes a bit faded ( Initially suspected as I was used to driving cars with rear discs).

Reached Udupi Hotel by 830, for a quick breakkie, as it was a long day.
Spend around 15min there.
Again I started the trip. the peak hour traffic started and it was snail pace. Ratheesh bro told, he will take from now. It was zip zap zoom .
Reached exactly at 935, covering 25kms in 45 min.
Post the final rites and as things setlled in, I got a short time, visisted Maruti Service center in Nagarcoil and got a Purolator Indicator Bulb (30Rs) nstalled it in.
Issue cropped up : The Gear knob started shredding off just like @mayankdixit sir's. It was becoming gluey and messy palms.
The ride ran back and forth tvm-ngcl for around 2-3 weeks like that .
Issue : One Horn sounded loud another felt weak and not sounding in between.
I came back to trivandrum, parents were at native. I had time for myself and ride, so went to Hyundai spares (Industrial estate road, pappanamcode), the staff were very rude. They told they won't sell over the counter. I had spoke with CRM who used to be SA earlier, he helped me atleast access their premises. I was on hunt for Creta Horn. It was a bomb , 1400 for one.
Came to Pioneer auto spares, checked 3 models, windtone type.
1. Roots (I had the same , I wanted a change, good unit, priced 850)
2. Bosch ( A bit softer, I didn't like it)
3. Hella Twin Chrome (Out of stock)
4. Denso ( VW, Phaa type )- It was mentioned waterproof, I think it is the design, as the shell is bit more conservative (Opening is not exposed that much and is thin).
For a pair it was 1400. (Got for 1200/-)

A pending job I wanted to do was proper fill up of Coolant. So went to Popular MGP outlet , bought 2L of Coolant.
Drained the entire coolant , by removing drain nut, collected around 3.5-4L. It was proper, I suspect a bit more of coolant than water( Thank god, not the vice versa). I mixed 500mL of coolant and 500mL water, added to the coolant tank. Then filled like that again, such that I got 2L of coolant and 2L water (1:1) dilution, Filled reserve tank also.
The job slightly messed up, as I overfilled the reserve, it was leaking from reserve side, but it got sorted after 2 days running in .
I will post the DIY pictures.
(Contd..)

Dr

I am back in India due to some unfortunate events (My grandmother had passed away in sleep, though my trip was previously planned, this was quite shocking).

Needed a quick clarification :
The MID temperature displays 50 degrees...I had did an OBD scan, it is not showing anything, what maybe the issue ?
Also does this require urgent action, as will it influence working of any other components.

View attachment 309423
External temp sensor is at your bumper grill, clean properly. Remove the soket clean it properly. Sensor is just a simple thermocouple changes restance with the temp. Restance is caliberated to corresponding temp.

Thread Starter #139
April Mid 2023 - April 27

"WEDDING BELLS ARE RINGING"

Yes, it was a grand wedding, at Ganga Grandeur , sorry guys I couldn't share the invite, as it was not mine but my first cousin's [;)][:D]

Wedding always means full of travels.
For the bride and the groom : Renault Scala
For the groom side: New Baleno , Just delivered a week back (Full option Automatic)
For the bride side : My Swift
For bride side beater car : New Alto K10

1500kms clocked in Swift (Intercity runs)
Scala was driven from Chennai to Nagarcoil .Same with Baleno.

Cutting the story short, all rides were work horses

1687558952082_11zon.jpg

Snap with the wedding ride!

2 days prior to the wedding I had been travelling from tvm to ngcl , almost covering 70kms distance in 2hrs as I had to make up the time. I was quite tired also. I was about to park the ride to get a coffee + some treats from Greatest Bakery, I was pulling over to the left, while a biker just wanted to cut in through that gap which he got on my RHS. The result was a bang- My ORVM turned 180 degrees, My right side door had dented.

This was the first time I am getting a hit, even though it was not my fault, still I would blame that if I was a bit more charged up I would have pulled over a bit more faster.

Each hit is more a sleepless night, my dad consoled me saying it was never your fault, if it was meant to be hit, it will definitely get hit. Travelled around 2000kms in the past 20 days, no fuss then , even though I had been running on insane speeds. (My theory still validates, even though it is not right, when you are cruising on speeds (Mind not rash speeds, but higher than normal, with safe brake distance both front and tail gate: You will be more awake and adrenaline pumped, your response is very fast)

Called my friend to ask whether this needed a painting, he told Chill dude, He send me back his Merc E Class fully dented on Left side, this is what a dent is not yours, even he didn't paint, as the ride is tackling Ernakulam Traffic.
My OCD of keeping ride mint clean was bugging me...but it got off my head as it was my little one's special day...

1687558952066_11zon.jpg

Tale continues....

bhvm

Honoured Member
Snap with the wedding ride
Congrats!
My theory still validates, even though it is not right, when you are cruising on speeds (Mind not rash speeds, but higher than normal, with safe brake distance both front and tail gate: You will be more awake and adrenaline pumped, your response is very fast)
I believe the same. Decent cruising speed as per traffic and capability of your car is the safest way. However our stupid speed limits and barrage of camera traps think otherwise!

P.s- Blur the number plates for better privacy.

Top Bottom