My First Travelogue in Maserati Punto: Ketkavale Prati Balaji Temple & Purandar Fort

Thread Starter #1
The Travel Route Pune > Katraj > Pune Banglore Highway > Ketkavale > Saswad> Jejuri and Back same route.

The Overall travel was 200 KM.

Sunday me and my 2 freinds visited the Prati-Balaji temple or prati-tirupati temple at Ketkawale . It is really beautiful temple and maintained very well. Keep in mind that it is necessary to keep away your mobiles, camera while entering into the temple.

We started around 9 a.m. from Pune. Road is pretty straight. Once we reached to highway we had some breakfast. I always know do not order things which you do not know. We ordered Misal -Pav and hell it was like all Mirchi is in our dish only. May be he have seen my red hot car and get inspired to put more into it. [lol]
On Bangalore highway car touched 120km/hr and still co passengers were unaware of speed. Even at 120 no vibration and car was so planted that you do not feel the speed. Hell if you are seating with new driver who has never drive car then your heart will be defiantly in mouth. Somehow i controlled my excitement and kept car around 80.

We reached Temple around 10:30. Now let picture do talking.

:help:Can some one tell me how can I give captions or statements between pictures.

Jejuri is one of the famous temples in Maharashtra. Popularly known as ' Khandobachi Jejuri ' - it is one of the major Gods in Maharashtra. The God of Jejuri - Mhalsakant or Malhari Martand - is popular amongst the Dhangars. Dhangar is one of the oldest tribes in Maharashtra. Khandoba is known to be their god. Jejuri is to the South - East of Pune towards Phaltan. But the temples of Khandoba is situated on a small hill , so can be seen from the approaching road.
As the temple is on the hill, one has to climb almost 200 steps. But the climbing is not so tough and the wonderful view of Jejuri town is marvelous. One can easily see the view of Saswad and Dive Ghat if weather permits. One can enjoy number of ' Deep Mala ' ( Light Stands of Stones ) while climbing the hill. Jejuri is really popular for its old Deep Mala. The temple over the hill is pretty. Though a simple one, still looks beautiful. The temple can be divided into Mandap and Gabhara. The two bells and idols in the temple are good looking.

The idol of Khandoba in the temple is beautiful. Various weapons like Sword , Damaru and Paral are of historic remembrance. The competition of handling the sword on Dasera Day is very popular , as one has to lift the sword high for maximum time. The other idols of Khandoba , Mhalsa and Manimalla looks beautiful. Jejuri is historically an important place as Shivaji meet his father Shahaji here after a long period. The meeting is historically very important as both discussed the strategies against Mughals , here. At that period , Jejuri was one of the major hill forts in South region.

One must visit Jejuri to see the crystal stands. Jejuri is one of the important temples in Maharashtra with historical importance. ' Kandobacha Yelkot '..' Jay Malhar ' are some of the popular terms here. One can find many sculptures in and nearby the Jejuri temple.

Attachments

Last edited:
Great report and very good pictures.

On Bangalore highway car touched 120km/hr and still co passengers were unaware of speed. Even at 120 no vibration and car was so planted that you do not feel the speed. Hell if you are seating with new driver who has never drive car then your heart will be defiantly in mouth. Somehow i controlled my excitement and kept car around 80.
Yes this is the beauty of Fiat cars.

:help:Can some one tell me how can I give captions or statements between pictures.
Use the drop down (as shown in picture). It will make the pictures inline.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
GT500, Excellent Pictures and short and sweet review, I know a little about Jejuri and the Lord Khandoba, Are they also called Khandoba Raya? Please correct me in case I’m wrong. Any ways, this is another place which I’d like to visit along with Pandharpur, that’s also located close to it, Right? Precisely, I love the culture followed in Maharashtra. [:)]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
GT500, Excellent Pictures and short and sweet review, I know a little about Jejuri and the Lord Khandoba, Are they also called Khandoba Raya? Please correct me in case I’m wrong. Any ways, this is another place which I’d like to visit along with Pandharpur, that’s also located close to it, Right? Precisely, I love the culture followed in Maharashtra. [:)]

Drive Safe,
350Z
That's Correct !!

Jejuri is in Pune District while Pandharpur is in Solapur District. They are located almost 160 km apart. Maharashtra is an ancient land with rich culture and traditions.

Thread Starter #7
Pandharpur Not yet. But Plans are their let's see. But next 3 months i will be visiting Ghats and Forts. This is time when nature is very beautiful. The Next plan is Ratangad or Rajgad. Here is old picture of 2 years back visit.

Attachments

So have you been to Pandharpur too?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Well Vibhor if it was near Pandarpur i would have visited Jejuri.
I was thinking how i missed that place .
But they are 160 kms apart.
I have visited Pandarpur.

Nice travelogue KnightRider.

350Z

Core Team
Well Vibhor if it was near Pandarpur i would have visited Jejuri.
I was thinking how i missed that place .
But they are 160 kms apart.
I have visited Pandarpur.
But if the journey is by a car, those 160 Kms pass out quickly with delight. :wink: Anyways, would love to read your travelogue of Pandharpur someday.

Drive Safe,
350Z

But if the journey is by a car, those 160 Kms pass out quickly with delight. :wink: Anyways, would love to read your travelogue of Pandharpur someday.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hey Vibhor i think you have already read my travelogue of Recent trip to Shirdi.
I had went to that place on the New year 2010.

Top Bottom