My First Ever Car - My Vista QJD AURA ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #46
@varun

That accident occured in Dec 2011. It happened on mysore road near maddur bus stand. I was in the centre lane and there was a huge tipper lorry on my right. Once the signal opened, i proceeded straight. I do not know what made the lorry driver steer left a little. He banged my car and my car jerked a little and was pushed to a side. A huge scuffle broke out b/w me and the driver. The issue was later sorted out at the maddur traffic police station.

my travelling is around 500 kms, 80% on in city limits and commuting to office alone.. I am interested in vista VX diesel costing rs. 675000/-. should i go for it or opt for petrol car , with good discounts offered? [roll] If petrol, the options are wagon R or i 10. Should basic varient of Chevorelet BEAT diesel is OK ?. Will be buying very shortly, may be within a week. [confused]

I got two keys for my new VISTA VX car, but only one key is having central locking remote. [frustration]Is it the same with all TATA VISTA VX cars ? [confused].

Thread Starter #49
Rayasams..., I'm so sorry to have missed your last post. 500km/month may not be justified for a diesel, but looking at recent price hikes, I'd vouch for a diesel car any day. I simply can't digest to feed my car with petrol. moreover,ur monthly running may not remain the same. You may more often tend to take the car out and hence the increase in your running. Now that u've already bought a vista, I'd like to congratulate for having made the right decision. My vista came with both keys with remote. The new sedan class has few features missing compared to my edition like missing glove box lock, missing passenger lumbar support, spare key is just normal key etc... I hope that answers all ur questions.

I got two keys for my new VISTA VX car, but only one key is having central locking remote. [frustration]Is it the same with all TATA VISTA VX cars ? [confused].

As like Simha said, The new sedan class VX missing glove box lock, missing passenger lumbar support, spare key is just normal key.. but It has Streering mounted controls, Electric adjustable ORVM, etc,.

Thread Starter #52
@roadracer...

My current odo reading is 8606km while it stands below in my garage.. My experience with TASS has been good. Thankfully no issues or niggles have cropped up till date! :-)

Thread Starter #53
Now that everyone have you been discussing the mileage,handling, tyres, alloys etc in Appu's thread... i want to contribute my experience with Vista.

The car has been niggle free till date. Touchwood. thank god! But, i have lately come across 1-2 issues. I cannot term them as "issues" yet. And they are..

1>Suspension makes a "crick-crock" noise when i go over speed bumps.
2>Consistent poor mileage, both in city as well as highways! I have been getting 12-13 in city without AC, 10-11 with AC [anger]. I get around 14-15KMPL on highways without AC and with AC it is around 13-14.
I simply cannot digest the fact that my vista has turned out to be a gas guzzler similar to petrol counterparts!! It is a disgrace for a diesel car, that too reputed as our "National Engine" to deliver such poor mileage! I do not know how to deal with the issue. Suggestions welcome!
My odo currently reads 9026km out of which close to 95% of the 9000 odd km has been on highways only. I rarely use my car within the city. I am NOT a heavy right footed driver. Always drive sedately. Make correct gear changes at the right RPMs. My 3rd free service is due in another 900km or 2 months from now. I will be going for oil change, filter change and the usual stuff carried out during the free service. I will opt for mineral oil instead of synthetic or semi-synthetic since the price difference is huge!

Add to this, i have got one big dent and scratch on the front left fender. I mis-judged the gap and nudged a BMTC bus [frustration] So, i may have to get this repaired at T.A.S.S or local garage.

I invite suggestions and advice from experts here to improve the mileage. Is ECU remap the only solution?!!

Reply awaited.

Thread Starter #55
@Varun,

I maybe a mechanical engineer, but, i am a total novice when it comes to engine and its parts. I do not want to fool around with engine settings, ECU remap and all that circus on my own and end up with a huge bill at the service centre. Since the 3rd service is around the corner, i will wait for the car to complete 10k on the odo and will go for a mileage test and then decide whether to demand ECU remap/retuning or not.

This is a simple thing, you no need to worry.. Re-set means it will get back to the factory defaults. It doesn't require any sort of experience/ program like remapping .

Thread Starter #57
Varun, bother to let me know how to go about it? A pictorial representation on a step-by-step basis would be too good! ;)

I just got a call from Concorde Motors to ask me if i am interested in attending their customer interaction meet which will be jointly hosted by J.D. Power, Asia. I replied in affirmative and said i would be more than interested to attend such meets and possibly meet few company guys (if any) too. The meet will be held at their Hosur road (Silk board junction fly-over) branch on 7th and 8th July 2012. The customer executive said i will receive a confirmation call by friday evening. I hope i can raise the issue of suspension sound and poor mileage and try to get the things sorted.
Will keep the post updated after this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #58
Ok. here is a small update. I had promised that i would get back and pen down my experience with the "Free Monsoon check up camp" conducted by TML and Concorde in unison.
Firstly, i received like 4 reminder calls from Concorde motors customer care team to let me know about the camp being held at all their service stations across Blr city. I was free to choose any of their service stations to get my car checked up. I chose Concorde motors, Dairy circle for obvious fact that my car was serviced twice there before. I knew the service advisors by name and was well aware of their capabilities.
I parked my car in their parking lot, went straight to reception area and asked for details on check up camp. I was asked to wait at the waiting lounge. Waited for 5mins. The service advisor arrived. He asked me for a brief up on my car, asked for any issues etc. I mentioned about the inconsistent poor mileage i have been getting with the car and also the right rear suspension making a "crick-crock" noise while going over speed bumps. SA noted down few other points and sent it to the repair area. They jacked up the car and tightened a few nuts here and there. Replaced a nut which was missing. Checked for suspension noise and greased up the bushes etc. I was physically present right next to my car while they did all this.
And regarding the poor mileage issue, they connected the laptop to check for error codes and nothing was found. they have re-set the ECU to factory readings. I am yet to check on mileage now. Current odo reading is 9066km. I will be taking my car out tomorrow for a highway run for 2 days covering 400 odd kms. I have to check for corrected mileage figures, if any.

I spoke to one Mr.Rakesh who is a Tata Motors customer support executive directly deployed by TML to get direct feedback from customers. Told him i was overall happy with the car apart from mileage issues i was facing. Suggested him that TML should try to move away from taxi segment and try to establish itself stronger in passenger car domain. It was a very nice interacting with him. He did mention about Safari Storme getting launched soon, but did not mention the date! lol. He has given me his card to contact him directly for any issues on car, car service etc.

I was given light snacks to keep my tummy happy which included a maaza packet, aalu bonda and chutnet with one laddu neatly packed in a box. Once everything was complete, they handed over me a small gift which is a table top alarm clock. A nice gesture, i must say.

So, this is the update as of today. I shall come back after i complete 10k and 3rd free service.

Last edited:
As far as my experience goes i feel Concorde Motor's Dairy Circle is one of the best service centre for Tata car's in Bangalore, good to know that quiet a few others in our Forum too feel the same.

@simha.k - What happened to the mileage issue? I am surprised by the poor mileage. What did TASS say about it? On highways with full A.C you should be getting at least 16 kmpl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom